D2 Ammos

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hear there could be some tension between Glen Eira and Werribee stemming from an old associating between the Melton and Weribee cricket clubs. Matty 'Buddah/Bling' Embling with his firey red hair could be first to throw an upper cut, The sneaky Fat Cobra/Benny Kendall can take on at least 3 and then Andrew 'Rink' Spink will go bang bang with his chicken wings and it will be game on, could be massive fire works.

Yabbie nutter no idea wher eu r coming from with this sacking the coach rubbish, he is certainly the right man for the job and the palyers have the utmost respect for the man.

i think all are trying to do is cause conflict at the club, get life buddy

"Sh** area, Sh** suburb, "Sh** club, Sh** people"

No offence to you Gas, but going on what the Willi boys did to trigger such remarks, he was dead right with the last two comments.

Saw them play a couple of weeks ago. They turn on their own and all the team manager could do was abuse the ump vigourously. A very ordinary club even though real estate prices are good [note they have moved to a more suitable area in St Albans]. Very hard to turn a pigs ear into a silver purse. Willie needs to show respect to a lot of people including their own

Yabbie nutter no idea wher eu r coming from with this sacking the coach rubbish, he is certainly the right man for the job and the palyers have the utmost respect for the man.

i think all are trying to do is cause conflict at the club, get life buddy

No chance of the coach getting the sack. how do you sack a coach of Kirk's pedigree. He has the respect of the whole club. No one has won as many premierships as he has and no one can command the respect of the playing group like him.:thumbsu:

Not sure who submitted Bentleigh's best players but, suffice to say, they have been nominated for "Tool of the Week" award. Sharp was given a good old-fashioned touchup by Hynes and had to go on the ball in the last quarter to try & get a kick.

hate to be a scribe-basher, but Jono Healy could go close to that tool of the week award for reporting Whitehead as one of Aquinas' best for the weekend in this round's footy record. Any game that Whits plays you could generally pencil his name in the best, but it is a stretch when he wasn't even in Victoria when saturday's game was played.

Saw them play a couple of weeks ago. They turn on their own and all the team manager could do was abuse the ump vigourously. A very ordinary club even though real estate prices are good [note they have moved to a more suitable area in St Albans]. Very hard to turn a pigs ear into a silver purse. Willie needs to show respect to a lot of people including their own

Not quite St Albans you tool. Would you mind letting everyone know what suburb/football team is graced with your presence Phantom.

hahaha, nah, the willy reserves boys go alright, just a bit of banter behind the goals... all in good fun... they're called the peanut gallery i beleive, nothings taken to seriously. chill out phantom.

hahaha, nah, the willy reserves boys go alright, just a bit of banter behind the goals... all in good fun... they're called the peanut gallery i beleive, nothings taken to seriously. chill out phantom.

agreed....

Phantom = Taking things a little too seriously

Just looking at Jono's odds for this weeks round and may have a play.

Jono, if you may, mark me down for a 5 leg multi.

$50 on St Johns, Aquinas, GE, Banyule and of course SMD.

Looking forward to my drive down the highway and of course hearing my boys singing "cheer, cheer the Red and the White" later in the day.

See all you Werribee rabble tomorrow and good luck to the rest of ya's

hate to be a scribe-basher, but Jono Healy could go close to that tool of the week award for reporting Whitehead as one of Aquinas' best for the weekend in this round's footy record. Any game that Whits plays you could generally pencil his name in the best, but it is a stretch when he wasn't even in Victoria when saturday's game was played.

The 'best' lists have been pretty interesting across the board. I've seen a few different games (different clubs) this year and there is definately some good players not getting a mention. Is this a ploy by coaches to not have players known to the opposition? Would be a good tactic.

it could be that, or it could be coaches prefer to name the players who play above themselves, rather than naming the same 3 or 4 guns every week. probably differs for different coaches. but who doesn't love seeing their name in the best??

just to clarify, my previous post wasn't speaking about the club-supplied best list but the scribe's own take on proceedings.

Just looking at Jono's odds for this weeks round and may have a play.

Jono, if you may, mark me down for a 5 leg multi.

$50 on St Johns, Aquinas, GE, Banyule and of course SMD.

Looking forward to my drive down the highway and of course hearing my boys singing "cheer, cheer the Red and the White" later in the day.

See all you Werribee rabble tomorrow and good luck to the rest of ya's

well harps not sure who the rabble were, and yes it is true the scores in the paper are correct,

and it was 'were from tigerland fighting fury'
actually it was sang twice if i recall correctly.

You played two real teams today not pretenders.........

glen eira up by a point today... great win, in a low skilled game... there was a sickening injury (shockin break to the leg, ligament damage as well) to one of the glen eira blokes about 10 minutes into the last quarter whilst they were 10 points down. glen eira got up by a point. fantastic game, marred by the shocking injury however. really put things in perspective.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey harps the sooner you get rid of that feral 57 the better mate. He should of brought his soap cause he got a bath all day and got beat up by someone half his size haha.

well harps not sure who the rabble were, and yes it is true the scores in the paper are correct,

Very impressive - smashing a 2's lineup that didn't have a bench and played 2 short on the field for the whole game. You must be proud. SM's lack of numbers in the 2's is a clear indicator of how many senior guys were missing.

That said, I think the 1's was a good game between two real contenders and played in pretty good spirits (ex the report - but word is there was no contact, just an overanxious ump), and it was good to see so many from both clubs hang around after the game for a few beers and snags.

fair play Javo, the whole comp knows how hard it is to beat you guys on your home track, well played.

The rabble tag came in jest after a few beers and was the result of the posts trying to undermine your coach. A stereotype usually reserved for Melbourne FC and Carlton FC, as I have said before we were under no illusions about how hard it would be to get four points down there, I just wish we could of brought the same team that won the first 4 games and given your boys more than the training drill they had in the early game.

Next time!

I'm proud of the guys who pulled on the Red and White, we tried all day but just couldn't turn the tide. At least we kicked straight eh! (2-0-12).

Sorry I couldn't stick around for a beer and bbq but I spent the rest of the day at the hospital getting my fingers put back into place.

My shout at ours Javo and again well done on an awesome display of footy.

harper what went wrong?? Are south melbourne lacking the depth of the other finals contenders? a beating like that in the twos must say something?

Bongo Vamvakes is an interesting unit to say the least, though the good to see the home side make up for a 1 point loss last year on there home turf to Salesian..A positive for Salesian, was Michael Hazell, the guy is a freakshow, would have been a very handy player in his younger years no doubt, prob the best player in the comp it would be fair to say. Chris Sharp just gets it done every week, bag of 7 again in a loosing side a think :thumbsu:

Yes Michael Hazell is by far the best player in the comp. Won a 'A' grade comp b and f and i think that speaks volumes about how much talent that this guy posseses. Can tear any team up on any day. You just gotta hope that he isnt 'on' when you play selesian because he is one of the very few that can win a game of his own boot.

Yes Michael Hazell is by far the best player in the comp. Won a 'A' grade comp b and f and i think that speaks volumes about how much talent that this guy posseses. Can tear any team up on any day. You just gotta hope that he isnt 'on' when you play selesian because he is one of the very few that can win a game of his own boot.

What is he? A tall-forward, a midfielder, quick FP???

Not quite St Albans you tool. Would you mind letting everyone know what suburb/football team is graced with your presence Phantom.

Sorry but St Albans would be an apt suburb. Saves Altona the disgrace. You will never know the club I am from, that's why I am the phantom. You can also find me on other sites in big footy. I have a special dislike for the SFL mercenaries.

Congratulation to Werribee, played very well on Saturday and deserved the win. Very hard running side and very quick especially that number 2. To the SMD boys i thought we battled away all day but just ran out of troos. Look to consolidate this week but wont be easy with 8 -10 regulars out through injury and interstate holidays.

Congratulation to Werribee, played very well on Saturday and deserved the win. Very hard running side and very quick especially that number 2. To the SMD boys i thought we battled away all day but just ran out of troos. Look to consolidate this week but wont be easy with 8 -10 regulars out through injury and interstate holidays.

I agree that SMD did struggle in the 2's. It's hard with only 16 players and even some of them playing with injuries. The Werribee boys are putting pressure on each other to get a game week in and week out and with about 60 players, which most are injury free, it causes high quality from both teams.
I thought the SMD 1's showed a bit especially in that second quarter when they got on top, but to the Werribee boys credit they showed what quick hard running can do in creating opportunities.

Cannot wait for the return match.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back