D2 Ammos

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
suggesting a tank might be a little bit over the top, but going into round 18 St Leo's probably would have looked like the most preferred finals opponent for Werribee, due to their 7(?) match losing streak. All of a sudden we might have 4 genuine contenders! D2 footy at its best.

Bad luck to the boys from Willy and the JOCs, at least the JOCs still have something to play for with their twos making finals. The popular picks midseason for relegation, salesian and bentleigh, managed to escape.

Can't wait for this weekend! On another note, anyone enlighten me why the VAFA chose Cheltenham to stage the D2 finals? It doesn't strike me as a stand-out venue.

Great Ground, excellent surface - best you would have played on for a while. Most importantly - bar is open all day. VAFA have used this ground for at least the last 5 years. Besides Sandringham would be the next best IMO

Good to hear that he is alright. He would not of been drinking much though would he cause finals this week.

Harps, you may have a few selection issues this week. Finals will bring everyone out to the track.

Dont worry saints i am pretty sure you will walk back into harps' team. certainly he could find a spot for you.

I hope micka is sweet for this week cos he added a lot of run and hardness to the backline... although it was a slung tackle that undid him in the end. no malice intended on the tacklers part of course.

I am praying for a twos win this week harps. willing to offer water boy services and everything (i will keep my mouth shut i promise!)

Dont worry saints i am pretty sure you will walk back into harps' team. certainly he could find a spot for you.

I am praying for a twos win this week harps. willing to offer water boy services and everything (i will keep my mouth shut i promise!)

Thanks BigDeal, but you know where i stand. If i can possible get up it would be good but i dont think i will and i dont think there will be a spot for me in either team, hard to find a spot for me after beating Aquinas on the w/e.

Are you praying for a win so we could hopefully have chance at 2 flags or are you trying to make another audacious bid to come back for the 3rd time this year. It will be hard for Harps to drop someone for a player who's been out for basically 6 weeks.

Thanks BigDeal, but you know where i stand. If i can possible get up it would be good but i dont think i will and i dont think there will be a spot for me in either team, hard to find a spot for me after beating Aquinas on the w/e.

Are you praying for a win so we could hopefully have chance at 2 flags or are you trying to make another audacious bid to come back for the 3rd time this year. It will be hard for Harps to drop someone for a player who's been out for basically 6 weeks.

I haven't forgotten IKOABD's effort against Werribee earlier in the year, kept going in hard when all was lost some 25+ goals down.

about finals venues, anyone know why the VAFA website's finals fixture has the last two weeks of D2 finals (prelim + GF) to be played at Gerry Green Reserve aka home of the parkdale vultures??

Is this a mistake or could the venue have been changed?

about finals venues, anyone know why the VAFA website's finals fixture has the last two weeks of D2 finals (prelim + GF) to be played at Gerry Green Reserve aka home of the parkdale vultures??

Is this a mistake or could the venue have been changed?

Sounds like great news for me ! I can walk to the finals ! You beauty ! If that is right ! :thumbsu:

Some interesting results on the w/e. Leos beating Werribee after not winning for, it seem like forever, and Banyule also beating Glen Eira was suprising.
Were Leo's back to there best or were the tigers resting players. I see LEos kicked 10 in the 3rd.

It;s going to be a ccracking finals series with all teams capable of winning the big one.

SMD v Aquinas
I will pick SMD for obvious reasons. Both sides can improve on the w/e performance. Both sides would of left a little in the bank for this week. Hopefully Mikka Black comes up after his horrific fall. Both sides should have the best side in thats available. SMD by 1 pt.

Werribee v St Leos
ST Leos are the hardest side to follow, they were very good early and ordinary towards the end and have come good again. The tigers have been good all year apart from a few slip ups lately. Another tighht fought contest. Tigers to win in extra time.
theres nothing wrong with mikka black he was drinking with us all day yestreday at glen eira...

hay was wondering if anyone from smd could tell me if the superstar luke kealy has done an ankle from a fat chick falling for him at a bar the other week? or was she knee capping him for having a crack at her? also herd it could have just been his ankle giving way after 1 to many big macs? will he play again this season?

hay was wondering if anyone from smd could tell me if the superstar luke kealy has done an ankle from a fat chick falling for him at a bar the other week? or was she knee capping him for having a crack at her? also herd it could have just been his ankle giving way after 1 to many big macs? will he play again this season?

Fantastic post Turtle, seems your in a better mood this week after getting a few kicks and your team not going out in straight sets. You know thats not the case, stop making up lies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Both South Melbourne games to be played at Sportscover on Saturday according to the VAFA website, excellent scheduling!

Werribee also happy that both ones and twos are on sunday. Unlucky for Aquninas they now have to come back and watch there twos on the sunday aswell. i guess the scheduling worked out better for south cause they finished on top.

Both South Melbourne games to be played at Sportscover on Saturday according to the VAFA website, excellent scheduling!

Thats great news Harps, im sure some of your players will be happy they have there sat night free now. Should not have any players rocking up hungover this week thats for sure.
Whats the rule regarding amount of games played to be eligable?

Thats great news Harps, im sure some of your players will be happy they have there sat night free now. Should not have any players rocking up hungover this week thats for sure.
Whats the rule regarding amount of games played to be eligable?

I have just spoken to HQ and the website this morning was WRONG! and has been fixed now.
South Melb vs St John's is definitely on Sunday. Bummer:thumbsdown:

Nerves are obivously setting in. Very very quiet on here last few days. Come on boys get excited, remember its only a game.
Would like to start spruking but hard to do when you don't have a second chance as you have saints. I'm sure no-one wants to give any ammo to any other side. But I will make this comment "Werribee will not be the same side that played last week". We have come too far to put up the same performance as last week.

Would like to start spruking but hard to do when you don't have a second chance as you have saints. I'm sure no-one wants to give any ammo to any other side. But I will make this comment "Werribee will not be the same side that played last week". We have come too far to put up the same performance as last week.

All good Saints - certainly quiet on the thread though.

Expecting heaps from Werribee this Sunday - will be a tough game.

I will be watching the Aqu-SMD game in the hope we play the loser the week after.

Whats the weather planned for the weekend.

Also to the other D2 clubs - Therry and Paradians have come down - OP were in B Grade about 4 years ago - both have done a double drop at the least

Also to the other D2 clubs - Therry and Paradians have come down - OP were in B Grade about 4 years ago - both have done a double drop at the least

Not looking forward to another season of long road trips next year Drifter. with Old Westbourne also looking like they will be in D2. I'd hate to say it but i'll be rooting for Werribee to make it into the GF.

Not looking forward to another season of long road trips next year Drifter. with Old Westbourne also looking like they will be in D2. I'd hate to say it but i'll be rooting for Werribee to make it into the GF.
Right you are, I'll be "rooting" to

I would not be worried about long road trips, just worry about preseason which starts in November!!!!!!! Your new coach.

Fair point, but if you rely on that second chance you are likely to straight sets. I think Werribee will win this weekend. The tigers would be frustrating for their fans. Some times you guys are brilliant and at other times woeful. Cant see you putting in 2 bad ones in a row, but as i have said before it seems St Leos are here to play. Will be a cracking game and look forward to watching it.
I think the weather is supposed to be good and that always helps.

I know it's early days after the home and away season, but following on from Game On's quote, who are looking at coaching changes? Also, is there anyone brave enough to tip the St Leo's boys this week? Definitely going in as underdogs. Finally, would be interested to find out the identity of some of the posters on this forum. I think most of us know Drifter, Harper coaches the two's at SMD - all the best this week! Are the majority of people players, supporters?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back