D2 Section 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
damn!!! wont be able to see the shoot out between the big forwards and will have to wait to the regular season.

Maybe Boundy didn't feel like playing on that day!!!!

Whats news around the other clubs and what praccy matches have they lined up

Doesnt look like any D2 clubs have done any big recruiting, must be sign of the times with all the $$$ being offered in the NFL EDFL & EFL

bit quiet on here at the moment, getting very close to an exciting year i believe.
Anyways i here that old parade have done the dog act on therry pulling out on there anual practise match which has been going for 3 to 4 years, 6 weeks before the season. Very shit effort if u ask me.
Also heard they didnt even give a reason as well, i assume they are going to try and hide a few of there recruits.
Bad form parade. infact shocking effort

What you have stated is so wrong that it is almost laughable. I suggest you dig a little deeper and find the real reason.

I notice on the VAFA website Sage has been cleared from Old Parade which would normally be a loss however Boundy is more than an adequate replacement. Also Glen Eira appear to have put in a few clearances their way but only time will tell the quality of the new recruits.

What you have stated is so wrong that it is almost laughable. I suggest you dig a little deeper and find the real reason.

i have heard from good word that there was no reason stated or no acceptable reason to do that to another club this time of year.
But obviously you no better so why dont u enlighten me instead of sitting behind ur computer being smart.

Just makes it even more of a rivallary between the two clubs when they play in the home and away season.

heard it on the grape vine, old paradians to play a practise match against bentleigh. can anyone confirm?

also bentleigh have a facebook fan page and I found it interesting a post from yesterday suggests they only had 15 players at monday training when they are hoping to feild 4 sides! this coming from the club that had 100s on the track this time last year. I thought premierships attracted players

i have heard from good word that there was no reason stated or no acceptable reason to do that to another club this time of year.
But obviously you no better so why dont u enlighten me instead of sitting behind ur computer being smart.

Just makes it even more of a rivallary between the two clubs when they play in the home and away season.

I heard from a good source that Therry stuffed up the dates. Parade had them booked for the first week of praccy games and have it in writing. But Therry turned around and said they now want the second week. Therry left Parade high and dry without a first week match which I believe Parade are still keen to play against Therry.

I heard from a good source that Therry stuffed up the dates. Parade had them booked for the first week of praccy games and have it in writing. But Therry turned around and said they now want the second week. Therry left Parade high and dry without a first week match which I believe Parade are still keen to play against Therry.

"have it in writing" Shit i better call my lawyer.

i love the therry v parade rivalry, goes back to when they were both powerhouse clubs in A&B grades.

Time hasnt been good for either club with all the money getting offered to the good players to go to the NFL & EDFL

Would be interested to know what other D2 clubs have had the same issues??

Very quiet out of Westbourne, i hear Point Cook in D4 has been getting a stack of players

i love the therry v parade rivalry, goes back to when they were both powerhouse clubs in A&B grades.

Time hasnt been good for either club with all the money getting offered to the good players to go to the NFL & EDFL

Would be interested to know what other D2 clubs have had the same issues??

Very quiet out of Westbourne, i hear Point Cook in D4 has been getting a stack of players

Time has changed thankfully

heard it on the grape vine, old paradians to play a practise match against bentleigh. can anyone confirm?

also bentleigh have a facebook fan page and I found it interesting a post from yesterday suggests they only had 15 players at monday training when they are hoping to feild 4 sides! this coming from the club that had 100s on the track this time last year. I thought premierships attracted players
Not sure what games we have pencilled in yet.. we've played Heatherton for the last few years so I assume that might be on the cards again. Our senior coach is away on holiday so we haven't been told too much.
To be honest, numbers have been down a bit due to the fact we've had to train out at Keysborough. However there were plenty at the first session back after xmas which was at Bentleigh. We're back on our ground at Bentleigh for the first time as of next week so I'd like to think they'll all come back out of the woods..
Do many clubs have the use of their ground at this stage? Ours looks a treat after it was re-done last year but they could do with a few weeks of this rain before we kick off!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Your team made a commitment in writing and failed to live up to it. Simple as that.

mate u are an absolute tosser, i can also get on here and say u guys made a commitment in writing as well.
Its funny the parade have come out of there shell once they get a player like boundy.
Havent even heard a peep from them in years.
Use would want to do something this year.

Morning from the dart, good to see things hotting up. I know very little about 9 of the teams. As a Old Paradians supporter I know a fair bit about them via their recruiting emails to members. Would people be able to frame a Premiership market based on betting odds. Could be a bit of fun for those of us from afar who really have no idea about the comp.

Morning from the dart, good to see things hotting up. I know very little about 9 of the teams. As a Old Paradians supporter I know a fair bit about them via their recruiting emails to members. Would people be able to frame a Premiership market based on betting odds. Could be a bit of fun for those of us from afar who really have no idea about the comp.

its a very good idea thinker, and would be interested in peoples opinions, but purple and green might hold u to it cause its in writing.................:thumbsu:

damn!!! wont be able to see the shoot out between the big forwards and will have to wait to the regular season.

Doesnt look like any D2 clubs have done any big recruiting, must be sign of the times with all the $$$ being offered in the NFL EDFL & EFL

what big forwards??? boundy and who?

all other teams must be silently confident as they havent been saying much

It's hard to know where you are at this time of year, there is always blokes that come down for a run pre-season, tear up the track but when you play the first praccie match they go missing.

The 2-3 praccies are vital to find out where you are really at and what you need to work on so hopefully we will have a better idea in 4-5 weeks!

I am a supporter out west and follow the teams in and around wyndham.Have only started recently following the westbourne and they have recruited very well

Latrobe University Football Club are looking for an opponent for a practice match on Saturday 27th of March. Looking for Seniors, Reserves and 19's to be played at Latrobe.

The grounds in great condition. If any club is interested please send me a PM.

Good luck to all teams in 2010.

Skye Football Club Div 2 Southern Football League are seeking a practice match on March 27th. We will have a ground available. PM me if anyone is interested. Seniors, Reserves, U18s

Based on current recruiting and last year's results, the final standings in D2 come Spetember might look something like this.
1. Banyule - Solid all year
2. Glen Eira - improved the last half of 2009
3. St. Mary's Salesian - good recruiting
4. Old Westbourne - Home ground / always hard to beat
5. Emmaus - back in 2010 but will be solid
6. Parade - Honest performer in 2009. Boundy will help, but have lost Sage.
7. Eltham - new coach is working them hard. This will be an advantage on their big ground.
8. Prahran - should have been relegated in 2008
9. Therry - Bannister is a big loss
10. Bentleigh - May struggle
What do other's think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back