4 Eltham OC 12.00 6.00 1.80 51.00 101.00
5 Monash Gryphons 15.00 7.00 2.20 51.00 101.00
6 Hawthorn 16.00 8.00 2.40 51.00 101.00
7 Elsternwick 21.00 11.00 2.40 5.00 61.00
8 St. Johns 41.00 21.00 5.00 1.90 6.00
9 Swinburne Uni 51.00 25.00 10.00 1.90 6.00
10 La Trobe 1,001.00 501.00 201.00 1.20 1.40

Thank you rooster..

Only seniors. Was a sight to behold and a good spectacle for D3 football. Sorry u were not there nikko, we understand they only let u out after 6 to act as a doormat for the Zoo`s twilight musical evenings.

The zoo just hasnt been the same since Teddy the Tapir and Andy Aardvark left, i used to be in good with the mokeys too, they couldnt stop talking about u, although 1 of the howlers were convinced it was u who passed the aids virus from monkeys to humans..

Sportscover looked like a good ground, what was it like to play on?

Dee Three Round 5 Review boys.

I travelled out to the Eastern suburbs to watch the Power Hosue Lakers match up against old rivals the Hawthorn Hacks.

I got there just in time for the start of the last quarter of the Reserves and the scores were close but up stepped the fattest footballer in D section...Jason Jackomos.

He booted 3 in the last quarter, with a pie in one hand, to wipe the floor with the Power House reserves full back. Apparently he had not had a touch before the last quarter blitz.

He now is officially the "before" poster boy for Jenni Craig.

The Hacks clown reserves umpire gave 2 x 25 metre penalties AGAINST THE POWER HOUSE SUPPORTERS for verbal abuse. Astonishing. This guy must be stopped. Please someone...do something!

The sausage rolls were great at the canteen thank you very much but the coffee was crap.

In the Seniors, The Hacks lifted for this game and smashed a very disappointing Power House side.

Eddo was well held by Avery and was restricted to 2 goals for the day and the Lakers had no other avenue.

The Hacks had a couple of bigs in the forward line that got them home.

Back to the lake and the drawing board for the House while the Hacks keep on keeping on.

The Schoolboy Turtles easily accounted for the Monkeys from the Zoo by a handy 5+ goals. No real surprise here and for once it wasn't the Garrard boys who got the Turtles home. The Zoo Boys have found out their real level and it's not good enough to match it with the big boys in D3.

The Williamstown Drinking Club easily accounted for the Parolees from St Johns.

My sources tell me that on the long trip from Dandenong, a few of the Parolees stopped off at Young and Jacksons for a quiet beer before the game and kept on drinking until they went across to the MCG to watch the Dream Team. Apparently they got home after curfew and might not be available this week.

The Swinny Pigs pulled away from Latrobe in the last quarter to get up by 21 points. The Latrobe Boys left at 3/4 time to get back to a "Toga Party" they were invited too. And I think it was a good choice! Swinny Pigs were still celebrating at the Geebung Polo Club late Sunday night.

And in the Night game, The Monash Indians were the only ones still awake late into Saturday night winning easily against the Bowls Club. At half time, the Wicks boys were curled up with their rugs and "hot toddies" complaining about the cold and the late night.

The Indians were pumped by the possibility of their idol Harbhajan Singh returning to the IPL this week and played out of their skins. "Hindi Hip Hop" was heard blasting out of the Elsternwick Hotel very late on Saturday night.

Rumours suggest that veterans Missaglia and Murphy might get selected for the Bowls Club Seniors this week.

The ladder is separating into 3 groups with a gap forming between the haves, the have nots and the Uni Teams...

I'm Dee Three, that's my take.

Dee Three, It's clear from your long winded babblings that you rate yourself quite highly as some sort of pseudo journalist forum scribe on this league. You kicked off the year with at least a little insight and I must admit I did look forward to your posts. No longer. Your contributions have degraded into a shandy of recycled jokes and stupid canteen critiques (humorous the first time). Your post this week terrible. You have it in you to bring something better to the table pal. Lift your game.

Dee Three, It's clear from your long winded babblings that you rate yourself quite highly as some sort of pseudo journalist forum scribe on this league. You kicked off the year with at least a little insight and I must admit I did look forward to your posts. No longer. Your contributions have degraded into a shandy of recycled jokes and stupid canteen critiques (humorous the first time). Your post this week terrible. You have it in you to bring something better to the table pal. Lift your game.

Well said Marching.

He`s hit the nail on the head with the Hawks ump. Awarding double 25`s for crowd abuse is blatant cheating. What disappoints me with this guy is that 2`s players train just as hard at most clubs only to be stripped of 4 points by one eyed umps(Hawks). He is clearly up there with the fat barrel sth melb ump of a couple of years ago.

4 from five last wk missed on latrobe... this wk i'll take -

willy over monash by 19 pts in the match of the round
eltham to strong at the turtle dome over wicks by 33 pts
hawks over latrobe by 45 pts
house over swinburne by 38 pts
st johns over uni high in a tight one by 13pts

He`s hit the nail on the head with the Hawks ump. Awarding double 25`s for crowd abuse is blatant cheating. What disappoints me with this guy is that 2`s players train just as hard at most clubs only to be stripped of 4 points by one eyed umps(Hawks). He is clearly up there with the fat barrel sth melb ump of a couple of years ago.

Wafer?????? Shying away from Nikko??????? PS Free kicks against the crowd/coaches etc are allowed in the VAFA.

i remember that guy, he was garbage, the hawthorn bloke wasnt that bad in rnd 1 4 us, lucky.. I still think the worst umpires i have seen this year, actually, prob on par with the sth melb guy, 1's or 2's, without a shadow of a doubt was the 2 senior vafa umps when we played elsternwick. They were an absolute joke.

Time to talk a little footy. I know it's only round five but my take to date is that there are only 5 teams who have enough quality to make the 4 this year. I list these sides below. Despite the Hawks convincingly beating House on the w/end I still think the Hawks are crap and let’s face it, even if they do make the 4 they will lose all their finals as easily as G Norman misses important 3 footers on playoff greens. On to St John’s who despite being a few brain-cells short of the rest of the population are quite a good side and have some talent to bring in. These guys are probably the hardest side in D3. They are better than the performance they put up on Sat against Willi suggests and will bounce back hard. If they can improve their fitness they could be G/F candidates. Eltham are clearly an OK side given they got reasonably close to Willi but have only taken 1 scalp from the teams below and with the pitiful Elsternwick this week we will all have to wait another week before they come up against any notable opposition in Monash but I would say the more telling game will be St John's the week after - tipping two losses from these two games so if there is anyway the chokers could break into my 5 potentials it might be here. Who am I kidding, they won’t break in. They're terrible. The House have two fantastic big forward targets, a gun midfielder and potentially the best ruckman in the league in Jesus (who gives as many cheepies as that little Greek kid from Monash). It's just the rest of their line up that worries me. These guys have also been quite unlucky with injury and should have a strong back half. Might squeeze in for fourth but I would say 5th is probably more likely. Monash have flown under the radar for most of the year and are clearly good on big grounds despite playing half of their games and training on small ones - go figure. They have still not really beaten any notable opposition but have beaten the riff raff quite convincingly. Narrow losses to two of the teams below have brought them into my top five as well as the knowledge that they have some real class still on the sidelines. This post is not designed to p1ss people off, more to provoke interesting discussion and not just poor quality sledging.

Willi
Eltham
St Johns
Power House
Monash
(not necessarily in that order)

Round 6 Preview

Game 1 Win Under 39.5 Over 39.5
Monash Gryphons $2.40 $ 3.65 $ 5.60
Williamstown CYMS $1.50 $ 2.60 $ 2.85

Will anyone be brave or foolish enough to tip against Willy? Monash are flying with 10 and 15 goal wins in the last fortnight, but not to be outdone
the CY's have beaten better opposition by 5 and 10 goals, the latter without their spearhead Lee.

Both sides will be without some stars this weekend, for Monash, Rose, Dooley and fullback Gomizel will struggle to be fit after leaving the ground early Saturday night, while for Williamstown, from what I hear, Iceburg's news was absolutlely correct. Lee is still only 50/50 with a slight muscle strain (not bruising), Wheeler is unlikely to play while Hynes will need a test but should be ok. My sources tell me however, that both sides have guys coming back to more than cover these losses.

Monash have had a great home record over the past 2 years (for a side that's only won about 10/36) and Willy hasn't been as dominant away from Fearon Reserve, will all this add up to a Monash victory? The short answer is NO. Willy by 36, they'll be too good in the air up forward and have far to much run for the overly confident Gryphons.

Game 2 Win Under 39.5 Over 39.5
Eltham $1.30 $ 2.20 $ 2.55
Elsternwick $3.20 $ 4.60 $ 8.40

Another game the EOC's will think they can win easily while Elsternwick will need to show some pride after last weeks embarrassment. The Wicks will be without prime ball winner and chief play maker Mahony after he was also injured and failed to reappear after half time last week. Still don't have any contacts up at the Turtles so info is scarce. If anyone feels like sending me a PM with some more info, I can include it in my weekly reports.

Elsternwick are still..... or again claiming injuries, but for this team that won a D4 premiership in 2005, I think the only way is down. The Wicks need to rejuvenate their list with some young blood and stop relying on the same 36 year olds to win them games. I know this is a big call, but it could be D4 for the Wicks in 2010 without some new blood.

Turtles by 68 for me.

Game 3 Win Under 39.5 Over 39.5
La Trobe Uni $7.00 $ 8.00 $ 44.80
Hawthorn $1.05 $ 3.60 $ 1.20

What is there to see here, perhaps Dan Lauletta's comeback match is the only interest here and he is still no certainty to play with his age requiring some caution in regards to hamstring injuries, and the weakness of La Trobe convincing the Hawks he won't be required. The hawk match committee are correct here, the Trobers are struggling big time and with their captain breaking his arm last week, the season is only going to get longer for them.

So with or without big Dan, the Hawks by 72

PS When do La Trobe get their ground back?

Game 4 Win Under 39.5 Over 39.5
Power House $1.12 $ 2.00 $ 2.05
Swinburne Uni $5.35 $ 6.00 $ 39.50

Game 4 and another one sided affair. How Swinburne could use Mary Higgins this week, if only to play on Edwards. The introduction of VSU and resulting cut in sports funding really has the pigs squealing as it appears to have hurt both them and La Tobe significantly over the past 18 months.

Swinburne won a premiership in 2003, and since then have failed to attract enough quality players. They are perhaps 1-2 years further down the 'playing really good 38 year olds' path the Wicks are on and have had significant retirements hurting the club in the last 2 years. (Another warning for Elsternwick)

Don't know what happened to the House last week, perhaps they were looking forward to this weeks bye. Power House's big bodies will be too strong for Swinburne and Eddo will kick more than Swinburne combined. House by 72

Game 5 Win Under 39.5 Over 39.5
St John's OC $1.30 $ 1.90 $ 3.30
UHS-VU $3.20 $ 4.40 $ 9.40

Just the third game of any interest this week. St John's are struggling for numbers as seen by the rapid decline in the performance of their 2's, and while it seems they lack enough truly top line players for success at the moment, UHS have plenty of depth. I think this might be a deciding factor in this match.

St John's have failed to impress and without a ruckam in the side, they've been failing to win enough ball out of the middle to be competitive against good sides. Only just beating Elternwick 2 weeks ago now looks to be a fairly average result. Uni High's on ball division led by Little is clearly the strength of this team and I just think they will have enough to get over the line here. Uni High by 10

Relegation Double Odds

Could have got $31 pre season on Swinburne & La Trobe both going down

1 Swinburne Uni La Trobe $ 1.10
2 UHS-VU La Trobe $ 7.40
3 UHS-VU Swinburne Uni $ 7.50
4 Elsternwick La Trobe $ 51.00
5 Elsternwick Swinburne Uni $ 51.00
6 Powerhouse La Trobe $ 61.00
7 Powerhouse Swinburne Uni $ 61.00
8 Hawthorn La Trobe $ 81.00
9 Hawthorn Swinburne Uni $ 81.00
10 Monash Gryphons La Trobe $ 81.00
11 St. Johns La Trobe $ 81.00
12 Monash Gryphons Swinburne Uni $ 81.00
13 St. Johns Swinburne Uni $ 81.00
14 Elsternwick UHS-VU $ 351.00
15 Eltham OC La Trobe $ 401.00
16 Eltham OC Swinburne Uni $ 401.00
17 Powerhouse UHS-VU $ 451.00
18 Hawthorn UHS-VU $ 551.00
19 Monash Gryphons UHS-VU $ 551.00
20 St. Johns UHS-VU $ 551.00
21 Williamstown La Trobe $ 1,001.00
22 Williamstown Swinburne Uni $ 1,001.00
23 Eltham OC UHS-VU $ 2,501.00
24 Powerhouse Elsternwick $ 2,651.00
25 Hawthorn Elsternwick $ 3,351.00
26 Monash Gryphons Elsternwick $ 3,351.00
27 St. Johns Elsternwick $ 3,351.00
28 Hawthorn Powerhouse $ 4,501.00
29 Monash Gryphons Powerhouse $ 4,501.00
30 St. Johns Powerhouse $ 4,501.00
31 Monash Gryphons Hawthorn $ 5,751.00
32 St. Johns Hawthorn $ 5,751.00
33 St. Johns Monash Gryphons $ 5,751.00
34 Williamstown UHS-VU $ 6,751.00
35 Eltham OC Elsternwick $ 14,951.00
36 Eltham OC Powerhouse $ 20,351.00
37 Eltham OC Hawthorn $ 25,851.00
38 Eltham OC Monash Gryphons $ 25,851.00
39 Eltham OC St. Johns $ 25,851.00
40 Williamstown Elsternwick $ 40,801.00
41 Williamstown Powerhouse $ 55,501.00
42 Williamstown Hawthorn $ 70,501.00
43 Williamstown Monash Gryphons $ 70,501.00
44 Williamstown St. Johns $ 70,501.00
45 Williamstown Eltham OC $318,701.00

Good Work Rooster..

Willy Cy's by 29 pts over Monash
Eltham at home by 8 goals
Hawthorn by 15 pts
High by 25
House by the same

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i thought wells was the monash fullback? have heard he is the best fullback goin around? weather may play a part in some games this weekend. does anyone agree that reserves results is a good indication of how sides will fair later on in the season,depth wise? if so,then willy seem to be in a good posi at the moment,with their ressies beating 2nd and 3rd places by over 100pts.as for st.johns being a hard side? please........since the loss of pattie they arent much.he was a great player for them,cant see them doin too much.

Time to talk a little footy. I know it's only round five but my take to date is that there are only 5 teams who have enough quality to make the 4 this year. I list these sides below. Despite the Hawks convincingly beating House on the w/end I still think the Hawks are crap and let’s face it, even if they do make the 4 they will lose all their finals as easily as G Norman misses important 3 footers on playoff greens. On to St John’s who despite being a few brain-cells short of the rest of the population are quite a good side and have some talent to bring in. These guys are probably the hardest side in D3. They are better than the performance they put up on Sat against Willi suggests and will bounce back hard. If they can improve their fitness they could be G/F candidates. Eltham are clearly an OK side given they got reasonably close to Willi but have only taken 1 scalp from the teams below and with the pitiful Elsternwick this week we will all have to wait another week before they come up against any notable opposition in Monash but I would say the more telling game will be St John's the week after - tipping two losses from these two games so if there is anyway the chokers could break into my 5 potentials it might be here. Who am I kidding, they won’t break in. They're terrible. The House have two fantastic big forward targets, a gun midfielder and potentially the best ruckman in the league in Jesus (who gives as many cheepies as that little Greek kid from Monash). It's just the rest of their line up that worries me. These guys have also been quite unlucky with injury and should have a strong back half. Might squeeze in for fourth but I would say 5th is probably more likely. Monash have flown under the radar for most of the year and are clearly good on big grounds despite playing half of their games and training on small ones - go figure. They have still not really beaten any notable opposition but have beaten the riff raff quite convincingly. Narrow losses to two of the teams below have brought them into my top five as well as the knowledge that they have some real class still on the sidelines. This post is not designed to p1ss people off, more to provoke interesting discussion and not just poor quality sledging.

Willi
Eltham
St Johns
Power House
Monash

Marching...

Feel free to use any sort of punctuation. Paragraph spacing... returns...ANYTHING SON!

Just break it up and make it readable!!!

Monash v Willy @ east caulfield reserve saturday will be a ripper. Will Lee play? Shootout on the cards?

From what i hear they have similar game styles with willy showing more depth at the moment. I for one can`t wait its gotta be Match of the round.

Monash v Willy @ east caulfield reserve saturday will be a ripper. Will Lee play? Shootout on the cards?

From what i hear they have similar game styles with willy showing more depth at the moment. I for one can`t wait its gotta be Match of the round.

Hear Hear Wafer!

Top of the table clash too. Heard it on good authority that Powerhouse played an unregistered player against Monash in Round 3 and the points will hence be awarded to Monash. This will leave The Gryphons 4 and 1. Should be a belter!

Willi
Eltham
St Johns
Power House
Monash

your pretty quick to can the turtles, then jump on board, then bag them again. then after u bag them u put them in your top 4?

we're happy to be sitting 4 and 1 regardless of who we have beaten, and looking forward to all the challenges the rest of the d3 season has to offer! prob should have beaten willy and anyone from there would agree. shitcan us all u want, we're enjoying d3 and looking fwd to the rest of the yr win lose or draw...

Hear Hear Wafer!

Top of the table clash too. Heard it on good authority that Powerhouse played an unregistered player against Monash in Round 3 and the points will hence be awarded to Monash. This will leave The Gryphons 4 and 1. Should be a belter!

Need to be sure about things like this quasi before posting rumours, but if this is true, I think the bigger story is that Power House would drop to 1-4!

They were certainly in my top 4 only last week but it'll be tough to make it from there

I also don't agree the game this week will be any better because Power House forfeitted a match against Monash in Round 3. Still match of the round though

Need to be sure about things like this quasi before posting rumours, but if this is true, I think the bigger story is that Power House would drop to 1-4!

They were certainly in my top 4 only last week but it'll be tough to make it from there

Rooster, I can confirm that the comment is not true - Power House will remain 2 and 3 in the seniors. Quasi, check your facts and stop spreading rumours without the proper information.

I guess they wont be happy little Vegemites, when they find out that this rumor is FACT. I guess you can expect a announcement at training tonight.

I guess they wont be happy little Vegemites, when they find out that this rumor is FACT. I guess you can expect a announcement at training tonight.

Considering my position at Power House, I know for a FACT that this is not a FACT and that this rumour is a result of misconstrued information. Now that is a FACT. For the record, I would one of the persons who would make such an 'announcement' and I have no intention to do so. I know what you might be referring to and you are wrong!

Considering my position at Power House, I know for a FACT that this is not a FACT and that this rumour is a result of misconstrued information. Now that is a FACT. For the record, I would one of the persons who would make such an 'announcement' and I have no intention to do so. I know what you might be referring to and you are wrong!

Well I guess it could be in relation to the Ressies, and only time will tell

i thought wells was the monash fullback? have heard he is the best fullback goin around? weather may play a part in some games this weekend. does anyone agree that reserves results is a good indication of how sides will fair later on in the season,depth wise? if so,then willy seem to be in a good posi at the moment,with their ressies beating 2nd and 3rd places by over 100pts.as for st.johns being a hard side? please........since the loss of pattie they arent much.he was a great player for them,cant see them doin too much.

They have not played uni high yet who are second.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back