D3 Section Ammos 2007

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never seen either level, however know of a few Nth Kew boys running around last year who could have walked into D1 sides- they may have been top paid players, and have moved on elsewhere- but the fact remains, they could play football-

I think every club in the lower grades of the VAFA would have at least 1 or 2 players that could get a start in A or B section! Some may have more, but the gap in skill between your first picked and player 22 (depth) is what holds back many clubs in the D sections.
With this in mind looking at Kew, who were yuk last year, they would need more than a few top Nth Kew players to consider finals action.
Good luck to them.

I have played D1 amateurs so dont think I dont know what I am talking about, and I'd say in my opinion that sfl div3 and ammos div 3 are at least on the same level, if not SFL Div 3 is better

But of course we are going to say this, me being a player in Div3 SFL and you guys being players in Ammos D3 so obviously this is probaly a pointless topic!!

Anyways good luck to Kew this year

You would consider a praccy match the equivalent of playing for the four points?

No one goes their hardest in praccy matches. Blokes are on cricket trips or playing finals, some blokes haven't started training while coaches are mixing and matching to make sure they get the right combination for round one.

You may get close in a practice game Madman, but not when it comes to the four points...especially having seen second play third last season.

No corridor work all day, no free flowing footy, nothing direct - that's how SFL Divvy 3 footy is played. D3 Ammos can at least go down the guts to their main forwards.
Mount Wav played St Mary's in a praccy match and smashed them to the tune of 19 goals, thats the guide and thats all you can go by.:confused:

Mount Wav played St Mary's in a praccy match and smashed them to the tune of 19 goals, thats the guide and thats all you can go by.:confused:

2006 D3 Premiers South Melbourne scraped in against St Marys by around 25 goals in home and away last year. St Marys i'm sure would love to forget 2006 and hopefully find some form in D4 this year.

A mate at work who plays Div 1 sfl watched the bentleigh v south final last year confidently says that both teams would beat the bottom 5 clubs in SFL Div 1. Big call, but some more food for thought.

Hard to say really as clubs from the two leagues will never fight it out for 4 points and as many have said praccy matches aren't a good gauge.

Doesn't the rep side for VAFA C-D4 play against a SFL rep side? What was the result last year?

I think every club in the lower grades of the VAFA would have at least 1 or 2 players that could get a start in A or B section! Some may have more, but the gap in skill between your first picked and player 22 (depth) is what holds back many clubs in the D sections.
With this in mind looking at Kew, who were yuk last year, they would need more than a few top Nth Kew players to consider finals action.
Good luck to them.

Can anyone from Kew confirm whether their former captain - David Mainsbridge will be suiting up in 2007? I think he was overseas last year and didn't play. Just wondering if he was going to be back.....:confused:

Can anyone from Kew confirm whether their former captain - David Mainsbridge will be suiting up in 2007? I think he was overseas last year and didn't play. Just wondering if he was going to be back.....:confused:

Not at the moment. I don't think any of the players that went away at the end of 05 will be back.

Can anyone from Kew confirm whether their former captain - David Mainsbridge will be suiting up in 2007? I think he was overseas last year and didn't play. Just wondering if he was going to be back...
I spoke to him last week and he'll be back in March for a few weeks. Being a man who places high importance on physical appearance he is currently working hard to shake off the UK pounds (no pun) before then. No doubt he will be hitting the track for a few sessions with the Kew Boys to both prove he's not a fat bastard and also show off his guns and his array of rediculously tight footy shorts. Whether he sticks around longer than March is another question, as I think he finds european life rather appealing.
ps. Don't think he was ever Captain of Kew. VC plus BnF in 05 though i thinks.

...also show off his guns and his array of rediculously tight footy shorts.. .

Anyone who has an 'array' of tight footy shorts would fit in perfectly in the "European" lifestyle

Good luck to him. And good luck to Kew as well - it seems to be all the rage.

2006 D3 Premiers South Melbourne scraped in against St Marys by around 25 goals in home and away last year. St Marys i'm sure would love to forget 2006 and hopefully find some form in D4 this year.

A mate at work who plays Div 1 sfl watched the bentleigh v south final last year confidently says that both teams would beat the bottom 5 clubs in SFL Div 1. Big call, but some more food for thought.

Hard to say really as clubs from the two leagues will never fight it out for 4 points and as many have said praccy matches aren't a good gauge.

Doesn't the rep side for VAFA C-D4 play against a SFL rep side? What was the result last year?

what's been the result every year this match has been played?
ok. the SFL side never has all the guns playing but then the VAFA side never does either. VAFA have won 5 in a row, SFL yet to win.
that's not to say there are no good SFL clubs. but the overall standard is not great after you tak out the top 5-6 div 1 teams.

I've heard there's been a few new recruits down at training. Two on-ballers from the Ballarat league and a full forward from the GV league. Ones Assistant coach and the others are his Housemate and his brother from what i'm led to believe. Haven't seen all of them but have seen the Full Forward and assistant coach. Both look likely types!

Can anyone compare the leagues for some idea of what they might be like?

Any news on whether Kew kept most of their reserves GF winning side from last year? Or have they taken off to pursue senior opportunities elsewhere? They had a classy half forward (M Pope) who clearly should have been in the ones, along with a couple of other handy types.....

Any news on whether Kew kept most of their reserves GF winning side from last year? Or have they taken off to pursue senior opportunities elsewhere? They had a classy half forward (M Pope) who clearly should have been in the ones, along with a couple of other handy types.....

Hey Popey - always like a bloke who likes to beat his own chest and proclaims himself to be a champion!!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Classy player that Popey, quite the goalsneak. Some tired critics may suggest that Kew's reserve side may have returned to A grade from whence they came.

Saw Swinburne running the streets of Hawthorn Monday night and numbers seemed a bit low (max 20). Are early numbers a sign of things to come? What are early numbers like at other clubs?

Classy player that Popey, quite the goalsneak. Some tired critics may suggest that Kew's reserve side may have returned to A grade from whence they came.

Saw Swinburne running the streets of Hawthorn Monday night and numbers seemed a bit low (max 20). Are early numbers a sign of things to come? What are early numbers like at other clubs?

Would have thought that 20 while not great isnt too bad in January, especially for teams with lots of uni students who havent started yet

Good research Old Timer - sprung bad!!!!!

50 - 60 is a fair turn out at any training session for a club with only 2 teams. Powerhouse must be stoked. Will be interesting to see if:
1. the numbers increase leading into the season
2. many of them hang around
3. any of them can play
4. Powerhouse do any better this time in D3 - they seem to have hovered (like many) for a while.

50 - 60 is a fair turn out at any training session for a club with only 2 teams. Powerhouse must be stoked. Will be interesting to see if:
1. the numbers increase leading into the season
2. many of them hang around
3. any of them can play
4. Powerhouse do any better this time in D3 - they seem to have hovered (like many) for a while.

I'd imagine the club is pleased with the turn out and quality.
1. the numbers increase leading into the season - not all have returned yet (like most teams)
2. many of them hang around - hopefully - the newies seem keen enough
3. any of them can play - hard to tell for sure but the signs are promising
4. Powerhouse do any better this time in D3 - they seem to have hovered (like many) for a while.[/quote] - Power House appear to be on the rise. The trip to D4 has shaken them up.

Turbs23,

did you get lost between watching swimburne run around in hawthorn and training at north balwyn on monday night.

Not sure if i'm on the right thread but can anyone tell me anything about a bloke by the name of Travis Bull apparently play's up forward .

plays c grade for Old Carey- monster man- CHF if he applied himself could be anything- bit lazy and we exploited that, but if he fires he is almost unstoppable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back