D3 Section Ammos 2007

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
C. Hudson = Critter

is he a risk OT?

ask me tomorrow at 4:30

Thak God Akka - someone else from Ow to give me a hand with the bashing I have copped. I can't wait until the Big Footy ban is lifted!!

I think it's more about the supply from Smith and Connors that will tell the tail ;)

correction oldtimer,
one chris hudson has been out of footy only a week......he played last week!!!

no risk at all!!

rumour has it OW full list to pick from!!
look out hoes!!
look out pigs!!!

Would not matter anyway - OW looked too strong without the returning stars. Smith and Connors to play tomorrow.

Star CHB David Elliman is ready to step up for Swinburne tomorrow. Bye, bye Old Westbourne. The ones are all yours, but Swinburne have got the magoos all sewn up

Very quiet on the D3 forum the last couple of days.

This is why.

1. OW players are out on their "Mad Monday" spending their match payments (Canteen Money) on drinks.

2. The "Pizza-by-the-Metre" King Angelo (Lack of) Pace is somewhere in Lygon Street trying to drown his sorrows with his face in a Cappriciosa with double anchovies and a slab of Lasagne.

3. I hear the whisper that Aziz didn't play for Ivanhoe in the Grand Final because the club couldn't arrange day release for him.

Very quiet on the D3 forum the last couple of days.

This is why.

1. OW players are out on their "Mad Monday" spending their match payments (Canteen Money) on drinks.

2. The "Pizza-by-the-Metre" King Angelo (Lack of) Pace is somewhere in Lygon Street trying to drown his sorrows with his face in a Cappriciosa with double anchovies and a slab of Lasagne.

3. I hear the whisper that Aziz didn't play for Ivanhoe in the Grand Final because the club couldn't arrange day release for him.

This is why it has been quiet:

1. Swinburne reserves players are out on their "Mad Monday/Tuesday" listening to that inspirational music they sometimes share with opposition on match days.

2. Ang Pace is carefully reconstructing each and every goal of season 2007 for an SBS documentary. Eddo and Higgoooo are tipped to star as Ang - auditions are next week.

3. I hear the whisper that Dee Three is on day release from the Peel to post on this forum. Their wireless broadband 'went down'.

Congratulations to OW for being premeirs in 07, deserved the flag. And well done to swinny in the two's.
See some of you next year

I thought Champ or Chump played well although some of his kick outs late in the game were ordinary. Well done Champ on a great career, although I am sure you will go round again next year and so you should.:thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought Champ or Chump played well although some of his kick outs late in the game were ordinary. Well done Champ on a great career, although I am sure you will go round again next year and so you should.:thumbsu:

G'day Crazy - and Yes, I would think that the mantlle of kick-in's should go to someone else ( not some of my finest work that's for sure ).

Well done to OW on their win - very much deserved and were the outstanding team for the year. They simply outplayed us on the weekend and should enjoy the victory. Congratulations to akkadakka, Berzerk 22 and Patty O !!!

A special mention to Nick Smith and his kind words after the game to myself. ( he didn't mention the kick-ins :p).

I would also like to congratulate our boys on gaining promotion and turning around the club this year. It is a credit to all involved especially Doni and Browny as the club leaders.

To all the boys at Ivanhoe - I have enjoyed you trying to find out 'who this pri.k is called Champ or Chump who kept bagging Ivanhoe'. Well now we all know. It was this old hack, just having some fun and trying to motivate a few of our team.

Congrats to Swinney in the two's as well - fine effort to come from fourth and win the flag.

It's been a good year of footy well done to all and sundry for the spirit in which it was played.

Cheers and beers Chump.

I have no doubt that both teams will do well in D2 next year and

One of the years best kept secrets. Hot shoe shuffle looked striking in the green t shirt on saturday.

Well done to Westbourne in the ones, very good football side and will do very well in D2. Great year from the Hoes and hopefully they will go well next.

Crazy Out and off to D4

Have been a regular reader of Big Footy during the year and have enjoyed the banter. Now the season's over and having seen all sides at least four times during the year, I thought I might throw in my two cents worth on the competition.

1st-Old Westbourne. Clearly the best side in the competition and thoroughly deserved their premiership. Served by the best on ballers in the competition in B Connors and Smith, they are able to get first use of the ball and get it down to their multi-pronged attack of Hutton, Jeka & Horsburgh. With handy support in the larger Connors, Perez & Collins there are too many options to shut down to a losing score. When coming out of defence they like to make the transition through Chalmers, who is damaging if left alone. Their backline lead by Hudson and Lever, is good at reading the play and cutting off attacks. However, it is a backline that shows little respect for opponents and as they progress up the grades, this may cost them.

Too much class and depth for the opposition; expect them to keep progressing up the grades.

(Key players: C.Hudson, Chalmers, B.Connors, Smith, Hutton)

2nd-Ivanhoe-Good effort to recover from a hiding from the premier and a comprehensive loss to the wooden spoon. Rarely able to field their best side and as they got a few players back towards the end of the year the performance improved.

Contrary to popular opinion, they have good foot speed and run the ball well with the aim of getting it into Pace quickly. However, will need to improve their depth with key defenders, stronger midfielders and a crumbing goalkicker to make good progress next year.

(Key players: Pace, Brown, Wood).

3rd-Hawthorn-Well performed until late in the year when a couple of injuries and unavailabilities caused things to unravel.

Dawson and Collins gave them first use and Collins in particular was a constant threat resting up forward. Running backs in Ridley and Avery gave them a great springboard for attacks from defence and D.Lauletta, Ogge and Stonehouse gave them multiple scoring options.

Excellent at kicking big scores but not so good at shutting down the opposition. Apart from Aitken, the midfield lacked class and depth and if they weren't winning contested ball, they were in big trouble.

Losing collins at finals time was a massive blow.

Presented themselves poorly in public and the behaviour of a few people probably tarnished the good majority. At the crossroads.

(Key Player:Collins, Ogge, Ridley, Avery, Aitken).

4th-LaTrobe-Did an excellent job. Well coached side that ran hard and delivered the ball well with good foot skills.

Lacking height and strength, Sheldrick was used as a general in defence to release Bence and Adamthwaite who used their skills to hit up multiple leading options up forward in Ludeman, O'connor and Long.

Well supprted by Ganino, Cam and Shiels and fast wings, especially Wallace-Burns.

If they can add muscle to the midfield to take some of the load of Vanooi and a strong key forward, they will have a good chance of progressing in the near future.

(Key Players: Sheldrick, Ludeman, Ganino, Bence, Long).

5th Elsternwick-Cruelled by key injuries and loaded with talent, they will be early flag favourites next year.

Look to get numbers ball side of the ground and use Mahoney in transition to switch the ball to runners from defence such as Patey to run the ball through the vacant side of the ground to attack.

Excellent midfield support for C.Mahoney in B.Mahoney and Beddingfield to Thiele and Cummins combining with Glassenbury and S.Grace to give them multiple scoring options.

Would have been more dangerous had Convery been fit for the year.

However, even considering injuries, given their available talent nothing excused some insipid mid year performances (eg. Latrobe at Latrobe) when the season was on the line.

A bright future but their mental toughness remains the question mark over them going forward.

(Key players: Convery, Beddingfield, C.Mahoney, S.Grace, Thiele, Glassenbury).

6th-Powerhouse-Did extremely well to finish as high as they did given that they rely hevily on a few players to do all of the work.

Made their Albert Park home a fortress with their physical style. Relied on winning contested ball to get the pill into Edwards one out who was a reliable goal kicker.

Sosic was an outstanding small whether back or in midfield and taylor provided a great mobile target. Boland did a fantastic job in defence.

Missed Cooper in the midfield for a lot of the year.

Could look dangerous if getting edwards a lot of the ball but could also look slow, static and were undiscplined.

A good effort but will need to add depth to their running brigade to do better.

(Key Players: Edwards, Sosic, Taylor).

7th-Swinburne-Made a real run at the finals mid year at full strength but dropped their bundle once the chance had gone.

Whiting lead an honest midfield that needed to get the ball to Higgins who was a class act on the lead.

A team to respect when they were at their best but just lacked a couple of class players all over to give them polish.

Pressnell was solid in defence and Walsh was a dangerous third forward.

Expect much of the same going forward.

(Key Players, Whiting, Higgins, Pressnell, Walsh).

8th-Monash Gryphons-Honest side who were affected by injuries mid year but made a great recovery to avoid relegation.

Great win against ivanhoe mid year and twice troubled Old westbourne when they were brushing others aside with ease.

Wells was a stand out forward or back and often held the key to a win or loss.

Rutherford gave them midfield grunt and was well supported by Boutbon.

Baxter was often the lone creative runner from defence and their tall forwards were disappointing, their wingers and flanks inexperienced.

Having said that, have plenty of heart and a great effort to get out of jail and rumour has it their is talent returing so expect an improved performance next year.

(Key Players: Wells, Rutherford, Baxter, Bourbon).

9th-West Brunswick-Like most, when their best player weren't on the park, they looked ordinary.

Any side that wins six games and gets relegated is unlucky.

The midfield, lead by irving and Lehmann worked hard, often without much support.

Looked good at times to move the ball quickly into Sudholz and Haysey who started deep and used their pace and mobility to lead into the open spaces at centre half forward at royal Park.

Brookshaw provided a dangerous third option.

Lacked physical strength and as their bodies mature they will be a better unit.

Were also let down at critical times by some poor second efforts.

Expect a short stay in D4.

(Key players: Irving, Sudholz, Haysey, Brookshaw, Lehmann).

10th Kew- Disappointing year after a great second round win against ivanhoe.

Cruelled by injuries, their confidence dropped and they often fell just short of getting the job done.

Missed Horne badly And were clearly more dangerous with him playing.

Williams was a real find in the ruck and Looker was impressive back or forward.

Without gettng smutty, there weren't enough fingers to plug the holes in the dyke.

Must get back on the bike quickly next year.

Key Players:Horne, Looker, Williams.

Team of the Year:
B Sosic, Boland, Ridley,
HB C.Hunter, Sheldrick, Wells.
C Chalmers, C.Mahoney, Brown
HF Ogge, Hutton, Irving,
F Wood, Pace, Ludeman.
R Collins, Smith,
R B.Connors.
Int Beddingfield, Perez, Whiting, Edwards.

Just my opinion!!!

Have been a regular reader of Big Footy during the year and have enjoyed the banter. Now the season's over and having seen all sides at least four times during the year, I thought I might throw in my two cents worth on the competition.

1st-Old Westbourne. Clearly the best side in the competition and thoroughly deserved their premiership. Served by the best on ballers in the competition in B Connors and Smith, they are able to get first use of the ball and get it down to their multi-pronged attack of Hutton, Jeka & Horsburgh. With handy support in the larger Connors, Perez & Collins there are too many options to shut down to a losing score. When coming out of defence they like to make the transition through Chalmers, who is damaging if left alone. Their backline lead by Hudson and Lever, is good at reading the play and cutting off attacks. However, it is a backline that shows little respect for opponents and as they progress up the grades, this may cost them.

Too much class and depth for the opposition; expect them to keep progressing up the grades.

(Key players: C.Hudson, Chalmers, B.Connors, Smith, Hutton)

2nd-Ivanhoe-Good effort to recover from a hiding from the premier and a comprehensive loss to the wooden spoon. Rarely able to field their best side and as they got a few players back towards the end of the year the performance improved.

Contrary to popular opinion, they have good foot speed and run the ball well with the aim of getting it into Pace quickly. However, will need to improve their depth with key defenders, stronger midfielders and a crumbing goalkicker to make good progress next year.

(Key players: Pace, Brown, Wood).

3rd-Hawthorn-Well performed until late in the year when a couple of injuries and unavailabilities caused things to unravel.

Dawson and Collins gave them first use and Collins in particular was a constant threat resting up forward. Running backs in Ridley and Avery gave them a great springboard for attacks from defence and D.Lauletta, Ogge and Stonehouse gave them multiple scoring options.

Excellent at kicking big scores but not so good at shutting down the opposition. Apart from Aitken, the midfield lacked class and depth and if they weren't winning contested ball, they were in big trouble.

Losing collins at finals time was a massive blow.

Presented themselves poorly in public and the behaviour of a few people probably tarnished the good majority. At the crossroads.

(Key Player:Collins, Ogge, Ridley, Avery, Aitken).

4th-LaTrobe-Did an excellent job. Well coached side that ran hard and delivered the ball well with good foot skills.

Lacking height and strength, Sheldrick was used as a general in defence to release Bence and Adamthwaite who used their skills to hit up multiple leading options up forward in Ludeman, O'connor and Long.

Well supprted by Ganino, Cam and Shiels and fast wings, especially Wallace-Burns.

If they can add muscle to the midfield to take some of the load of Vanooi and a strong key forward, they will have a good chance of progressing in the near future.

(Key Players: Sheldrick, Ludeman, Ganino, Bence, Long).

5th Elsternwick-Cruelled by key injuries and loaded with talent, they will be early flag favourites next year.

Look to get numbers ball side of the ground and use Mahoney in transition to switch the ball to runners from defence such as Patey to run the ball through the vacant side of the ground to attack.

Excellent midfield support for C.Mahoney in B.Mahoney and Beddingfield to Thiele and Cummins combining with Glassenbury and S.Grace to give them multiple scoring options.

Would have been more dangerous had Convery been fit for the year.

However, even considering injuries, given their available talent nothing excused some insipid mid year performances (eg. Latrobe at Latrobe) when the season was on the line.

A bright future but their mental toughness remains the question mark over them going forward.

(Key players: Convery, Beddingfield, C.Mahoney, S.Grace, Thiele, Glassenbury).

6th-Powerhouse-Did extremely well to finish as high as they did given that they rely hevily on a few players to do all of the work.

Made their Albert Park home a fortress with their physical style. Relied on winning contested ball to get the pill into Edwards one out who was a reliable goal kicker.

Sosic was an outstanding small whether back or in midfield and taylor provided a great mobile target. Boland did a fantastic job in defence.

Missed Cooper in the midfield for a lot of the year.

Could look dangerous if getting edwards a lot of the ball but could also look slow, static and were undiscplined.

A good effort but will need to add depth to their running brigade to do better.

(Key Players: Edwards, Sosic, Taylor).

7th-Swinburne-Made a real run at the finals mid year at full strength but dropped their bundle once the chance had gone.

Whiting lead an honest midfield that needed to get the ball to Higgins who was a class act on the lead.

A team to respect when they were at their best but just lacked a couple of class players all over to give them polish.

Pressnell was solid in defence and Walsh was a dangerous third forward.

Expect much of the same going forward.

(Key Players, Whiting, Higgins, Pressnell, Walsh).

8th-Monash Gryphons-Honest side who were affected by injuries mid year but made a great recovery to avoid relegation.

Great win against ivanhoe mid year and twice troubled Old westbourne when they were brushing others aside with ease.

Wells was a stand out forward or back and often held the key to a win or loss.

Rutherford gave them midfield grunt and was well supported by Boutbon.

Baxter was often the lone creative runner from defence and their tall forwards were disappointing, their wingers and flanks inexperienced.

Having said that, have plenty of heart and a great effort to get out of jail and rumour has it their is talent returing so expect an improved performance next year.

(Key Players: Wells, Rutherford, Baxter, Bourbon).

9th-West Brunswick-Like most, when their best player weren't on the park, they looked ordinary.

Any side that wins six games and gets relegated is unlucky.

The midfield, lead by irving and Lehmann worked hard, often without much support.

Looked good at times to move the ball quickly into Sudholz and Haysey who started deep and used their pace and mobility to lead into the open spaces at centre half forward at royal Park.

Brookshaw provided a dangerous third option.

Lacked physical strength and as their bodies mature they will be a better unit.

Were also let down at critical times by some poor second efforts.

Expect a short stay in D4.

(Key players: Irving, Sudholz, Haysey, Brookshaw, Lehmann).

10th Kew- Disappointing year after a great second round win against ivanhoe.

Cruelled by injuries, their confidence dropped and they often fell just short of getting the job done.

Missed Horne badly And were clearly more dangerous with him playing.

Williams was a real find in the ruck and Looker was impressive back or forward.

Without gettng smutty, there weren't enough fingers to plug the holes in the dyke.

Must get back on the bike quickly next year.

Key Players:Horne, Looker, Williams.

Team of the Year:
B Sosic, Boland, Ridley,
HB C.Hunter, Sheldrick, Wells.
C Chalmers, C.Mahoney, Brown
HF Ogge, Hutton, Irving,
F Wood, Pace, Ludeman.
R Collins, Smith,
R B.Connors.
Int Beddingfield, Perez, Whiting, Edwards.

Just my opinion!!!

Well done Swinny boys on taking out the Magoo's!!!

Wish I was there to take Mon/Tues off work for a good hard session on the pi$$

Someone tell me how Texas ended up?

See you all next year!

G'day Crazy - and Yes, I would think that the mantlle of kick-in's should go to someone else ( not some of my finest work that's for sure ).

Well done to OW on their win - very much deserved and were the outstanding team for the year. They simply outplayed us on the weekend and should enjoy the victory. Congratulations to akkadakka, Berzerk 22 and Patty O !!!

A special mention to Nick Smith and his kind words after the game to myself. ( he didn't mention the kick-ins :p).

I would also like to congratulate our boys on gaining promotion and turning around the club this year. It is a credit to all involved especially Doni and Browny as the club leaders.

To all the boys at Ivanhoe - I have enjoyed you trying to find out 'who this pri.k is called Champ or Chump who kept bagging Ivanhoe'. Well now we all know. It was this old hack, just having some fun and trying to motivate a few of our team.

Congrats to Swinney in the two's as well - fine effort to come from fourth and win the flag.

It's been a good year of footy well done to all and sundry for the spirit in which it was played.

Cheers and beers Chump.

I have no doubt that both teams will do well in D2 next year and

G'day mate, safe to assume you were the bloke who wore 2 different boots and copped a bit of sh!t from the OW boys behind the goals? if so i congatulate you for taking it so well and congrats on the year :thumbsu:

G'day mate, safe to assume you were the bloke who wore 2 different boots and copped a bit of sh!t from the OW boys behind the goals? if so i congatulate you for taking it so well and congrats on the year :thumbsu:

Poopa - no probs at all mate - that's what supporters behind the goals are all about. They were enjoying the day ( as they should ) and were pretty good about it to be honest. After 20 years of senior footy you learn what is fun and what is over the line. Just a bit of fun from those guys.

As for the two boots - yeah - ripped the sole of the black left foot in the first 1/4 - so borrowed a spare from our runner. maybe i should have kicked in with that one :eek:

Enjoy - Chump.

Can anyone tell me more about Greg Williams from Kew, I'll be up against him next year and am interested in his age, style, strength etc.

Can anyone tell me more about Greg Williams from Kew, I'll be up against him next year and am interested in his age, style, strength etc.

He's 24, Likes to dress casually but can be quite formal if the occasion suits, and can be very strong without dominating. He also likes quiet nights over home cooked meals and latin dance. I'm sure you'll enjoy your time 'up against him'.

Can anyone tell me if Panda - that big bloke in the ruck for OW - played in the ones or twos for the grand final?

Im proud to say i had the privilege of playing alongside the big Panda in the winning ones grand final team. He was a big part of swinging the game our way via the centre breaks and clearances after a very slow start!

Go Warriors! :thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back