D3 Section Ammos 2007

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys...Guys...Guys

I have seen all the teams in D3 play this season except Monash so I am in a position to make some relevant comments.

1. Hawthorn are a team of arrogant tossers. Their coach is a tool, Jackomos is a ****er but Lauletta is all class as a player and a good bloke on and off the field. Pity they can't all be like him. Ridley rules their defence with toughness and class but they are hard to like because of their attitude and disrespect of all opposition AFTER the final siren. Will lose another grand final.

2. Old Westbourne are easily the flag favorites with Jeka and Connors dominating and causing all opposition defences plenty of problems but their real strngth is their onballers and running halfbacks. They have an even spread of talent and contributors. A good team.

3, Elsternwick will win enough games to play finals but the big games that count in September are not played on their "postage stamp" ground and they will struggle. They are keen to make amends for their shock loss in last years preliminary final but can Grace keep his cool? Are they fit enough?

4. Latrobe Uni are a strange team. They have been smashed by the better teams (Hawthorn and Elsternwick) but beaten mediocre opposition easily. If they make the finals, they will not travel far.

5. Ivanhoe. They love a drink the boys from Ivanhoe but they will struggle on bigger grounds. Pace is a good target for them but in an ironic twist, his lack of pace on the big dry grounds in September (if they get there) will prove his undoing. Looks like he has been spending his training nights at the bar with a souvlaki in each hand and a slab to wash them down. Should win enough games at home to make the play offs but that's as far as they will go.

6. Swinburne. Higgins is injury prone and plays unfit and their lack of depth is obvious. Will be in relegation contention.

7. West Brunswick have 2 of the best midfielders in the competition (Irving and Gibson) but nothing else. Have had some shock losses (to Power House) and are the roller coaster side of 2007.

8. Power House are poor at the moment playing good quarters or halves but not 100 minutes. They are struggling to adjust to the tempo of D3. Edwards will kick another 100 this season but they have too many injuries to be a threat. Will do enough to survive and surprise a few sides but that's about it.

9. Kew has been hit with a great number of injuries but even with a full list still wouldn't trouble the top sides. The much vaunted pre season "merger" has proven a failure.

10. Monash. I can't comment as I wont get to see them until a few weeks.

As for the comments on umpiring, it will continue every week for ever and ever and ever, so get over it.

Don't worry about Hawthorn never drinking with any opposition because they are a terrible bunch of blokes to drink with.

I think the best drinking blokes are the Ivanhoe boys. Hate to drink, especially after they win.

And the best trainer award is the nice young lass from Power House.
10/10 quality so get on board!

Guys...Guys...Guys

I have seen all the teams in D3 play this season except Monash so I am in a position to make some relevant comments.

1. Hawthorn are a team of arrogant tossers. Their coach is a tool, Jackomos is a ****er but Lauletta is all class as a player and a good bloke on and off the field. Pity they can't all be like him. Ridley rules their defence with toughness and class but they are hard to like because of their attitude and disrespect of all opposition AFTER the final siren. Will lose another grand final.

2. Old Westbourne are easily the flag favorites with Jeka and Connors dominating and causing all opposition defences plenty of problems but their real strngth is their onballers and running halfbacks. They have an even spread of talent and contributors. A good team.

3, Elsternwick will win enough games to play finals but the big games that count in September are not played on their "postage stamp" ground and they will struggle. They are keen to make amends for their shock loss in last years preliminary final but can Grace keep his cool? Are they fit enough?

4. Latrobe Uni are a strange team. They have been smashed by the better teams (Hawthorn and Elsternwick) but beaten mediocre opposition easily. If they make the finals, they will not travel far.

5. Ivanhoe. They love a drink the boys from Ivanhoe but they will struggle on bigger grounds. Pace is a good target for them but in an ironic twist, his lack of pace on the big dry grounds in September (if they get there) will prove his undoing. Looks like he has been spending his training nights at the bar with a souvlaki in each hand and a slab to wash them down. Should win enough games at home to make the play offs but that's as far as they will go.

6. Swinburne. Higgins is injury prone and plays unfit and their lack of depth is obvious. Will be in relegation contention.

7. West Brunswick have 2 of the best midfielders in the competition (Irving and Gibson) but nothing else. Have had some shock losses (to Power House) and are the roller coaster side of 2007.

8. Power House are poor at the moment playing good quarters or halves but not 100 minutes. They are struggling to adjust to the tempo of D3. Edwards will kick another 100 this season but they have too many injuries to be a threat. Will do enough to survive and surprise a few sides but that's about it.

9. Kew has been hit with a great number of injuries but even with a full list still wouldn't trouble the top sides. The much vaunted pre season "merger" has proven a failure.

As for the comments on umpiring, it will continue every week for ever and ever and ever, so get over it.

Don't worry about Hawthorn never drinking with any opposition because they are a terrible bunch of blokes to drink with.

I think the best drinking blokes are the Ivanhoe boys. Hate to drink, especially after they win.

Mate, I have only been involved at Hawthorn since last season, but I challenge you to name an away game since the start of last year when at least a dozen Hawks players haven't hung around for a beer (apart from OW). The real reason that none of the players hung around was that one of the young blokes was having his 21st starting at 8 and everyone wanted to get home, eat dinner & get changed before they went.
I would suggest that OW use that big ice tub at the canteen to fill with VB tinnies after the game. Dispite the heckling from a few peanuts after the game, the guys from the 2's I spoke to were really good blokes and I would happily buy them all a beer (especially the bloke I played on, sorry mate, can't remember your name, but we did have a chat about this forum while the ball was in your forward line) and thankfully I'll get to do that later in the year.
Another thing, how do you see us as arrogant? Do you have any examples?

Mate, I have only been involved at Hawthorn since last season, but I challenge you to name an away game since the start of last year when at least a dozen Hawks players haven't hung around for a beer (apart from OW). The real reason that none of the players hung around was that one of the young blokes was having his 21st starting at 8 and everyone wanted to get home, eat dinner & get changed before they went.
I would suggest that OW use that big ice tub at the canteen to fill with VB tinnies after the game. Dispite the heckling from a few peanuts after the game, the guys from the 2's I spoke to were really good blokes and I would happily buy them all a beer (especially the bloke I played on, sorry mate, can't remember your name, but we did have a chat about this forum while the ball was in your forward line) and thankfully I'll get to do that later in the year.
Another thing, how do you see us as arrogant? Do you have any examples?
They are arrogant all right particularly that tosser Jackomos who continually likes talking to the crowd about how good he reckons he is during a game but when it comes to winning a hard contest he is often found skirting around the sides of most packs waiting for an easy one to come out

What an interesting week...I finally got a few tips right 4 to take my total to 14 from 30 matches, yes I'm good (need a new Guru!).

Chimp still in love with 'Eddo'. Whispers i hear are that the House are desperate to get Chimp to pull a jumper on to give them a second option to get a score. Especially as he must have once been a superstar in B or C grade to have played against a mid 90's Ivanhoe, any truth in that Chimp??

Another rumour is that after convincing 6 teams that he is clearly the biggest goose in the league, #24 at Hawthorn has been asked to take on a role with the UN as a good will ambassador, that right Jacko?

And finally, Kew are about to launch their season and have asked me to start the bandwagon, I need to see my guru, decide if i continue with him or not, then I'll get back to you Oldtimer (before the end of the week).

ETE - great to hear from you mate. Ok ......

1) 14 from 30 .....look out tipsters the man is on a roll.
2) 2nd option up forward for the House .....nup sorry. Don't play for them, never have, just liked a game or two i saw and of course EDDO !!!!!!
3) 90's superstar....wrong again ......just did my best, but just a GOP.
4) Jackomos - hummmmm....saw him play .......this guy needs help with humility.
5) Kew - not far away - as previously suggested - next two weeks HUGE. If they drop both of these then that will make it tough to play finals action.

Finally, nice work on getting Swinney on the roll ETE - you are a gifted person indeeed.;)

Guys...Guys...Guys

Well next time u run into big Ange Pace why dont you ask him about those souva's tool? He is probably the in the best 2-3 forwards in the comp and one of the best body on body players. I wouldnt worry bout the lack of pace in september (if everything goes ok) will be ok.

Guys...Guys...Guys

One spoilt apple in the box doesn't make the rest of the apples taste bad. Don't judge the club (hawthorn) on 1 player. Every club has a few players who like to squark a bit and Jackomos is ours. If you can't handle words then you shouldn't be playing football. At the end of the day they are just words we should all let football do the talking. Old Westbourne were better on the day I accept that and from the blokes I was talking to in the 2's seem pretty decent blokes on and off the field. To say our club is arrogant is a load *hit. Just because the place is Hawthorn people associate it money and with money comes arrogance. Hawthorn is a richly multicultural club with players from such diverse economic and social backgrounds. Arrogance would not have got us back from 67 points down against the Hoe's. Confidence in our ability and our respect for our teamates got us back in the game. To say us blokes a terrible bunch to drink with then go to the bridge hotel in Richmond one Saturday night ask for Damo. I will glady buy you a drink but then again I must be arrogant.............

All smoke in regards to drinking after the game.

Old West, stop making big issues out of nothing, i have stepped into your rooms earlier in the year and there would have only been 15 blokes there, so stop heckling over nothing PATTY!

My breakdown -

Elsternwick, Very good when winning the stoppages.

West Brunswick - 2 onballers Irving and ?? if they can be stopped then all over.

Old West - Very good running ball off half back. Can anyone tell me the name of their half backer who continually runs the ball, very quick! Great running forward this team, they heavily dependent on their backline to win the ball.

Ivanhoe - very good starter from what i have seen, can start to lack a bit of pace come end of game.

Hawks - number 2 in backline, number 8 on ball and number 14. Number 8 great around stoppages gets the ball moving quick. Number 15 in ruck good player!

I would say it will come down to OW and Hawks.

One spoilt apple in the box doesn't make the rest of the apples taste bad. Don't judge the club (hawthorn) on 1 player. Every club has a few players who like to squark a bit and Jackomos is ours. If you can't handle words then you shouldn't be playing football. At the end of the day they are just words we should all let football do the talking. Old Westbourne were better on the day I accept that and from the blokes I was talking to in the 2's seem pretty decent blokes on and off the field. To say our club is arrogant is a load *hit. Just because the place is Hawthorn people associate it money and with money comes arrogance. Hawthorn is a richly multicultural club with players from such diverse economic and social backgrounds. Arrogance would not have got us back from 67 points down against the Hoe's. Confidence in our ability and our respect for our teamates got us back in the game. To say us blokes a terrible bunch to drink with then go to the bridge hotel in Richmond one Saturday night ask for Damo. I will glady buy you a drink but then again I must be arrogant.............
Damo you clown,

Talking about Hawthorn being an affluent suburb with money is absolute cr*p you first grade tosser. You drink at the Bridge Hotel in Richmond every Saturday night...that shows a distinct lack of class.

Interesting point is that an address can't buy class. Just look around you one night at training.

Well next time u run into big Ange Pace why dont you ask him about those souva's tool? He is probably the in the best 2-3 forwards in the comp and one of the best body on body players. I wouldnt worry bout the lack of pace in september (if everything goes ok) will be ok.
Hey OMR, the "problem" with "Big Ange Pace" is that when he plays, the defenders can't see the other end of the ground...or the sun...or the suburb!

He needs to get off the grog, join Jenny Craig and reduce his weight by about 25kgs.

In recent times, I have seen smart defenders run off him and create...in fact didn't Power House's full back run off him last week and kick their only goal of the first half.

That's right, "Big Ange Pace" was ordering his half time "snack" from the trainer at the time and couldn't be bothered chasing!

The real reason that none of the players hung around was that one of the young blokes was having his 21st starting at 8 and everyone wanted to get home, eat dinner & get changed before they went.

Old Bullman reckons the 21st was in Hamilton. I'm no cartographer, but wouldn't it be a bit hard to go home, have dinner, and drive to Hamilton to get there before the 21st was over? Unless you lived somewhere west of Werribee... in which case you are a strange cat for playing with Hawthorn.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why is Swinburne's lack of depth so "obvious"? The Reserves have been more than competative and there is a lot of quality young players down at the club, who are improving every week and knocking on the door of the Seniors.

Higgins has only missed one game for the year (which Swinburne won) and is always a difficult player to match up on.

But just becasue Swinburne have a quality player at full forward why do you assume that they are a one man team?

Hey OMR, the "problem" with "Big Ange Pace" is that when he plays, the defenders can't see the other end of the ground...or the sun...or the suburb!

He needs to get off the grog, join Jenny Craig and reduce his weight by about 25kgs.

In recent times, I have seen smart defenders run off him and create...in fact didn't Power House's full back run off him last week and kick their only goal of the first half.

That's right, "Big Ange Pace" was ordering his half time "snack" from the trainer at the time and couldn't be bothered chasing!

Dee Three - whilst Big Ange is no EDDO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I would have to say that the run off that some players could get from 'bigger body' players should be factored into the game plan of clubs and not left to the bigger guys. You should use the strength of the bigger guys in one on one contests and then 'cover for them ' in situations of running plays.

Just as smaller quick types generally need the bigger bodied fellas in and around the packs to get it out to them or bring it to the face of a pack - rather than SQT having to body guys for a touch.

From what I watched the full back had his hands full with Pace - and at a Souva per goal - Pace could have been found at Lambs in Carlton around 3.00am with a big smile on his face!!

" Theres only one Tony Lockett .......there's only one Tony Looookeeetttt "

Why is Swinburne's lack of depth so "obvious"? The Reserves have been more than competative and there is a lot of quality young players down at the club, who are improving every week and knocking on the door of the Seniors.

Higgins has only missed one game for the year (which Swinburne won) and is always a difficult player to match up on.

But just becasue Swinburne have a quality player at full forward why do you assume that they are a one man team?

Swinnys ressies team is the best I have seen this year. They will have a very good year IMO. FF #48 if he plays only 2's games should lead the goal kicking.

How is Macca (#32 did his knee on the weekend?)

Swinnys ressies team is the best I have seen this year. They will have a very good year IMO. FF #48 if he plays only 2's games should lead the goal kicking.

How is Macca (#32 did his knee on the weekend?)

Iceberg,

Macca should be ok. Injury not as bad as first thought. Last I heard 4 weeks was the diagnosis.

Damo you clown,

Talking about Hawthorn being an affluent suburb with money is absolute cr*p you first grade tosser. You drink at the Bridge Hotel in Richmond every Saturday night...that shows a distinct lack of class.

Interesting point is that an address can't buy class. Just look around you one night at training.
At least I can afford to drink you bocco. :)

Mate, your a goose!!! The Big guy had no problem winning a flag at fitzroy reds!!!!

Ive seen a few backmen run off other key forwards from a few of the top sides and make them look like tools after slotting majors!!!!

Mate, your a goose!!! The Big guy had no problem winning a flag at fitzroy reds!!!!

Ive seen a few backmen run off other key forwards from a few of the top sides and make them look like tools after slotting majors!!!!

OLD MAN RIVER,

the over use of the word tool. Whats with it???

Reilly and OMR, two of the biggest tools in D3.

Mardi gras soon, are'nt I on the same float as you chumppy?

Sorry for using 1 word twice in a day tigers, didnt no every post was scrutinised.

Some coaches in the league must be tredding on thin ice with how their sides are playing.......not to mention any names or teams but one coach must be finding sleep a little hard.

Mardi gras soon, are'nt I on the same float as you chumppy?

Sorry for using 1 word twice in a day tigers, didnt no every post was scrutinised.

Some coaches in the league must be tredding on thin ice with how their sides are playing.......not to mention any names or teams but one coach must be finding sleep a little hard.

Come on OMR, name names.

Was hoping for a little bit more of a summary of the other night.

How did the defending champ fair in his defence?

Did you then support D3's latest sponsor?

Come on OMR, name names.

Was hoping for a little bit more of a summary of the other night.

How did the defending champ fair in his defence?

Did you then support D3's latest sponsor?

Oh Den,

A great nite, the defending champ was beaten quite easily by our newbie Heath. We saw many fancy out fits, but the outfit of the nite must go to the 'Prince' adie kirkland. The guy entered the catwalk with a coconut bikini and grass skirt. He wasnt sporting any underwear and when 2 of the female judges brushed the skirt his rather large didget was in full flight.

Many jagers polished off throughout the nite and when i left at 3.30 there was a few people still pumping along. Its easy to see who the best social club is in the comp.

I wont name names but i think we all no who it could be.

Didnt get 2 barrys, did u grace that fine establishment. Heard a whisper that chump was seen entering the peel sunday morning????

Oh Den,

A great nite, the defending champ was beaten quite easily by our newbie Heath. We saw many fancy out fits, but the outfit of the nite must go to the 'Prince' adie kirkland. The guy entered the catwalk with a coconut bikini and grass skirt. He wasnt sporting any underwear and when 2 of the female judges brushed the skirt his rather large didget was in full flight.

Many jagers polished off throughout the nite and when i left at 3.30 there was a few people still pumping along. Its easy to see who the best social club is in the comp.

I wont name names but i think we all no who it could be.

Didnt get 2 barrys, did u grace that fine establishment. Heard a whisper that chump was seen entering the peel sunday morning????

My favorite gay couple - together again - hello ladies !!! LD and OMR - when is the comittment ceremony?

OMR - more chatter about male digits? you sure do love the tool!! ( sorry Tiger, my fault ).

Yes , i was seen entering the Peel sunday morning - LD sent me a private message saying the House were doing a Roast for EDDO !!!!!!! ( must have been a spit roast? ) Nice blokes there though .....they all wanted to buy me a drink?

Good luck this week OMR - i think Swinney just might give you a big run for your money!! Go Higgoooooooo !!!!

Myself, might have a look at West Brunswick and Kew - very important game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back