D3 Section Ammos 2007

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I enjoyed my time there - but not on that particular day.

Interesting you know so much about D3 Chimp.....cant ever recall Marcellin being lower than about C-Grade. Would have thought all your wisdom would have been thrown about on the higher grades threads? You really must enjoy just watching local footy, taking notes of random teams and their players. Me thinks you might be a dribbler

Interesting you know so much about D3 Chimp.....cant ever recall Marcellin being lower than about C-Grade. Would have thought all your wisdom would have been thrown about on the higher grades threads? You really must enjoy just watching local footy, taking notes of random teams and their players. Me thinks you might be a dribbler

HotShoeShuffel - sorry to dissapoint you and your theory, but I have actually not been involved with or even watched Marcellin for many years. I was involved ( and watched ) alot of DVFL over the past 8 or 9 seasons and have recently gained an interest in the VAFA D3 grade as I do know a few blokes from a couple of the clubs in this grade.

The one area you have got spot on is that I am a dribbler! Congratulations and I hope your team is going well.

Firstly, in regards to Umpires, we couldn't supply one for the ressies on sat and the House umpire did it alone and a great job, straight down the line.
In fairness we pumped house, but they appeared to have a lot of injuries and the movement off the house bench have ( more moves than a rap dancer) seemed to unsettle a few. OW will annihialate house on Sat

Firstly, in regards to Umpires, we couldn't supply one for the ressies on sat and the House umpire did it alone and a great job, straight down the line.
In fairness we pumped house, but they appeared to have a lot of injuries and the movement off the house bench have ( more moves than a rap dancer) seemed to unsettle a few. OW will annihialate house on Sat

Pumped? In fairness......to who? 3goals would hardly be called a pumping....

Chimp, who did you play for and "watch" in the DVFL, or would that give away your identity.

Pumped? In fairness......to who? 3goals would hardly be called a pumping....

Chimp, who did you play for and "watch" in the DVFL, or would that give away your identity.

HSS - that would give it away to a few guys I know who have the odd look on this forum......and I might try and hold onto that so a few blokes from local clubs don't 'catch up with me' whilst walking the dog past training.

Mr Down, I agree with HSS, 3 goals is no pumping or were you still refering to the ressies as you were about the umpire? If so, I think an 8 goal loss could hardly be called a pumping either!!

Are Hawthorn the new South Melbourne of D3?

Are they the club everyone hates and even despises having a drink with after the game. Are they the club everyone hopes bombs out in straight sets in the finals?
No. They were disliked by opposing teams long before SMD apperaer in 2000! As for finals, v West Bruns 2002 runners up, v Power Hse 2006 runners up. Just another case of history repeating....

No. They were disliked by opposing teams long before SMD apperaer in 2000! As for finals, v West Bruns 2002 runners up, v Power Hse 2006 runners up. Just another case of history repeating....

So it's an OW V Hawks GF for you sidewinder?

The Students gave them a 5 goal loss a few weeks back.

Monash over Wicks by 8 (Gryphs playing well and Wicks cannot make finals and wont be relegated. What have they to play for then?)
Hoes over West Brunswick by 4 (WB know their season is on the line. Lose and they are in D4, so this is a real danger game for the Hoes)
Latrobe over Swinny by 36 (Swinburne had better hope that both The Gryphs and WB don't win. Latrobe playing too well at the minute)
Hawthorn over Kew by 45 (No brainer! Hawks are better than I gave them credit for last week)
Old Westbourne over Powerhouse by 81 (OW on the rebound and at home. Ouch! The House have got to do some serious mitigation so as their % doesn't disintergrate)

Bring on the weekend!

Good luck to all teams

I think I will follow suit with you Quazzie and MOST of your selections and comments, but some rain may close the gap on a couple of these results.

E-wicks to beat the Gryphs - 11 points
Hoes to beat West brunny - 12 points
La Trobe over Swinney - 14 points ( will Higgins play?)
Hawks over Kew - 39 points
OW over The House - 43 points

Good luck all.

My tips this week

Monash over Elsternwick by 1 point
Hawks over Kew by 47 points
OW over the House by 51 points
Ivanhoe over WB by 17 points
La Trobe over Swinny by 31 points

Good luck all...

Which game you watching this week Chimp??? Would like a detailed review on monday please.

Hi ETE,

not sure yet - might stay local - two good games on there :

The Students V Swinney - like watching the students play and will be interesting to see how they handle the physical pigs.

Hoes V West Brunny - huge game for WB and so the second half of that might be worth a look - especially in the rain. Ivanhoe are playing better away than at home - so WB a real cahnce.

That being said - and the price of fuel not too bad - the game of the round might be E-wicks and Gryphs. If Gryphs win this they would stay up your would think.

What game do you think ETE?

For what its worth, scores do not necessarily reflect on a game, I was talking about the senior game, I thought that we dominated without converting. It certainly was a diffrent game than the first time we met, where houses small players dominated the second half and nearly overrun us. This time we dominated those players, although as stated , must have injuries as they rotated off the bench all day. Reason behind my prediction for OW whitewash, is the fact that towards the end of the game the house bench were the walking wounded.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Students V Swinney - like watching the students play and will be interesting to see how they handle the physical pigs.

Hoes V West Brunny - huge game for WB and so the second half of that might be worth a look - especially in the rain. Ivanhoe are playing better away than at home - so WB a real cahnce.

What game do you think ETE?
Chimp, forget the students battle, that will be one sided, if these are the two you are tossing up between I'd be going to Ivanhoe Park, one team preparing for finals the other desperate to avoid relegation, battle royale! But best match would be Gryphs V Wicks

Mr Down, your boys must have been very worried when House got within 8 goals first time round! Or was the score again not a reflection of them nearly over-running you??

Chimp, forget the students battle, that will be one sided, if these are the two you are tossing up between I'd be going to Ivanhoe Park, one team preparing for finals the other desperate to avoid relegation, battle royale! But best match would be Gryphs V Wicks

Mr Down, your boys must have been very worried when House got within 8 goals first time round! Or was the score again not a reflection of them nearly over-running you??

ETE - might take your advice....but .....if Swinney lose and West Brunny and the Gryphs get up then it's % that separates. It is alot of %, but something that the Pigs would want to play for ........as they have the E-Wicks away last round. If they beat La trobe - they are safe. I think that with some rain and if Higgins is back at FF then this could be a little closer that you think.

No doubt - West Brunny a huge show - they have everything to play for and looking at the VAFA website Ivanhoe have really had a struggle at home.

ETE - might take your advice....but .....if Swinney lose and West Brunny and the Gryphs get up then it's % that separates. It is alot of %, but something that the Pigs would want to play for ........as they have the E-Wicks away last round. If they beat La trobe - they are safe. I think that with some rain and if Higgins is back at FF then this could be a little closer that you think.

No doubt - West Brunny a huge show - they have everything to play for and looking at the VAFA website Ivanhoe have really had a struggle at home.

Chimp, what do you do for a living?? For someone who repeatedly states that you just go and watch some local footy as you live nearby, you seem to take a massive interest in this grade of football. % this and % that, Eddoooo and Higggooooo, Hoes home ground disadvantage. What gives ?

And Bob from Ivanhoe, you dont make alot of sense. What are you trying to say ?

He's not the only one, HSS. I also keep close tabs on D3 as my boys play for OW juniors and I've occasionally helped out at the seniors. My work takes me all over Melbourne on Saturday so I tend to call in at a nearby A or B grade game to see who scores what. Doesn't stop me from supporting OW (or, for that matter, cheering on Richmond Centrals in D4).

Go Warriors!

Chimp, what do you do for a living?? For someone who repeatedly states that you just go and watch some local footy as you live nearby, you seem to take a massive interest in this grade of football. % this and % that, Eddoooo and Higggooooo, Hoes home ground disadvantage. What gives ?

And Bob from Ivanhoe, you dont make alot of sense. What are you trying to say ?

Good afternoon HSS - well, what I do is really of no concern to a football forum, but if it makes you feel better I make enough to feed the Wife, kids and our two Huskies.

As for my passion for the game - Yes, I am an addict of local football. After giving it away ( and i was ordinary ) i had a little dable in the coaching side of things and then involved with some junior development.... again pretty ordinary at best.

After 'freeing up some time' on that front ( read: told no longer required ) I have enjoyed watching alot of local footy within the local area. The DVFL and now back to the VAFA. I have some people I know involved in both comps and some of the local teams, so it's a great way to watch our great game, drink a few cans and still feel some involvement with footy club circles.

I do hope that meets to your liking - as it's really important that i have your approval ;)

And you? who do you support / follow? Do you play? maybe I could keep an eye out and see how well you go on the field?

Good afternoon HSS - well, what I do is really of no concern to a football forum, but if it makes you feel better I make enough to feed the Wife, kids and our two Huskies.

As for my passion for the game - Yes, I am an addict of local football. After giving it away ( and i was ordinary ) i had a little dable in the coaching side of things and then involved with some junior development.... again pretty ordinary at best.

After 'freeing up some time' on that front ( read: told no longer required ) I have enjoyed watching alot of local footy within the local area. The DVFL and now back to the VAFA. I have some people I know involved in both comps and some of the local teams, so it's a great way to watch our great game, drink a few cans and still feel some involvement with footy club circles.

I do hope that meets to your liking - as it's really important that i have your approval ;)

And you? who do you support / follow? Do you play? maybe I could keep an eye out and see how well you go on the field?

I hope you dont drink cans during the games Champ. Our family friendly competition isn't about that.

Good to see you back HSS. All thing going well leading into September?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back