D3 Section Ammos 2007

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think injury effected the final team too perhaps?

Surely G Connors and Smith from OW would have gone close if they played more games?

maybe there are a few others from other clubs in the same boat that we didnt see much of throughout the year?

Comments sound a little bit Ego opinionated there Berzerk. From the 3 Old West games I managed to see this year it looked like it would be reasonably easy to standout as an unaccountable midfielder when your side is winning by 20 goals.

Comments sound a little bit Ego opinionated there Berzerk. From the 3 Old West games I managed to see this year it looked like it would be reasonably easy to standout as an unaccountable midfielder when your side is winning by 20 goals.

Well if you've seen 3 games you are definitely qualified to make a sweeping statement like that!

lol :D

I do agree tho that in the end it's up to other clubs to work out how they rate OW players not us. But i can only go on what i know and see!

As no doubt you do with your own clubs players.

I think most opposition coaches rate both of them pretty highly? But i can't speak for them!

I do agree tho that in the end it's up to other clubs to work out how they rate OW players not us. But i can only go on what i know and see!

I think most opposition coaches rate both of them pretty highly? But i can't speak for them!

I have just noticed all your posts regarding the team of the year has been pumping up Smith and G. Connors. Good players they maybe I personally would have thought that captain Lever and the CHB Fairfield should have definetly made the side. Your whole half back line is Old West's form of attack. As an opposing coach I would be making sure I penetrated over that line.

I have just noticed all your posts regarding the team of the year has been pumping up Smith and G. Connors. Good players they maybe I personally would have thought that captain Lever and the CHB Fairfield should have definetly made the side. Your whole half back line is Old West's form of attack. As an opposing coach I would be making sure I penetrated over that line.

Easier to say than do....

Smith is a gun and G Connors was very quiet against us at Kew. Both didn't play the second time.

first you need to get it out of OW mid-fields hands, then hope that a forward line with several quality forwards dosen't mark it or kick a goal, then you have to get past the half back line ............walk in the park;)

I would suggest if you watch closely Old west get beaten in the centre clearences, that is where the half back line becomes so pivotal. Fairfield marks or contests everyhting then Lever and Hunter mop it up.

I would suggest if you watch closely Old west get beaten in the centre clearences, that is where the half back line becomes so pivotal. Fairfield marks or contests everyhting then Lever and Hunter mop it up.

Don't forget Balloch, I think he was very stiff to miss out on the team of the year, he has been rock solid at FB and has provided great run out of the backline all year. Will poll very well in OW's B&F.

Don't forget Balloch, I think he was very stiff to miss out on the team of the year, he has been rock solid at FB and has provided great run out of the backline all year. Will poll very well in OW's B&F.

Agree with you there Akka, Balloch has excellant results against the key forwards. I imagine it's just a case of whoever picks the side having to try and keep all in sundry happy...hence 2 players from Kew being included.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree with you there Akka, Balloch has excellant results against the key forwards. I imagine it's just a case of whoever picks the side having to try and keep all in sundry happy...hence 2 players from Kew being included.

The 2 Kew players would get a game for any of the other d3 clubs. Just because they play in bottom sides doesn't mean that they can't play. Hence Richmond having 2 players in the all australian squad.

C'mon be fair it's not all my posts is it?

I agree Fairfield and Lever should have or could have been in it along with Balloch. I guess i believe there are plenty of players from OW who could've (emphasis) gone close, not just Connors and Smith.

Jeka was a shoe in at half way but faded .........

As i keep saying, I know my own teammates who have played well, but don't know the opposition as well - as only saw them twice each?!?!?

That's why in the end I like to hear what other clubs think of OW players.

So if you don't rate Connors and Smith I'll pass it on to them!

BUT unless LennyLeonard is from OW he seems to disagree with you so why not take up the debate with him and have an impartial debate!!!!

Go the mighty Hoes :thumbsu:

A grade upward and not finished yet.

Congratulations to Pacey for 100 goals, a great achievement that a few sniping cowards on here could only dream about in the comfort of their bedroom with a trusty vaseline jar.
Im hoping and praying that Deethree finally makes good on his promise to show up and abuse Ange from behind the goals......geez mate, you haven't yet carried out your noble and tough threat, im really really hoping you will next week though....don't disappoint me will you?
Oh by the way to all OWs....it'll surely be just a soft cakewalk to the flag.............won't it??

YESSSSSS!!!!!

Hawks out in straight sets!

Couldn't have happened to a nicer bunch of blokes!

Best regards to all at Hawkland....

As for the Pizza Munching Machine from Ivanhoe...great stuff big boy. Excellent game today.

I watched today with interest from the safety of the wing where my pie was safe from Big Ange's huge grip...but he did turn his head from the goalsquare when he heard me unwrapping it.

Could smell a capriaccosa from 40 metres upwind can the big boy!

Go the mighty Hoes :thumbsu:

A grade upward and not finished yet.

Congratulations to Pacey for 100 goals, a great achievement that a few sniping cowards on here could only dream about in the comfort of their bedroom with a trusty vaseline jar.
Im hoping and praying that Deethree finally makes good on his promise to show up and abuse Ange from behind the goals......geez mate, you haven't yet carried out your noble and tough threat, im really really hoping you will next week though....don't disappoint me will you?
Oh by the way to all OWs....it'll surely be just a soft cakewalk to the flag.............won't it??

Hey BoogieKnights...how much did the ticket for the Ivanhoe bandwagon cost..or did you just jump on with everyone else?

Now that Angelo has helped another club to promotion and possibly another flag...are you acting as his agent and seeking a new club for the football journeyman to head to next year again?

More clubs than a caveman...but the boy can play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back