D4 2010 - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: D4 2010

have not heard from fuitloop lately, bit shy are we???????
peter ward your gone this week we have all heard your a dog!!

monash 2010 flag!!!!!!

Couldn't agree more with your comments.

We must remember that there isn't too many clubs in Div 4 that have won a premiership in the last 10 years like Syndal Tally Ho who are now trying to fight for survival!!

I know that if we won the Flag in 2001 like they did (seniors and Reserves) we'd be in a better position as we have the infrastructure to survive, i.e. a good working committee and good club environment (although we have had some shite happen).

Unfortunately for Chadstone, their Syndal days and the ego's involved down there in that time (Burnesy for one) may have been the straws that broke the camels back!!

Also agree that they should do what Mt. Lilydale did a few years back and head to Clubbies for a year, rebuild, and then try again. Even though i don't think much of them (only because of the callibre of some of their past players) i hope they do survive because there are good quality people down their with a love of history and that shouldn't be lost on anyone.

is this the same Andrew burns that is now doing the rounds as a vafa umpire???

It is the very same Andrew Burns, Im curious number 9 having played a year down there what exactly is it Burnsy did to bring the club down? i'm not privvy to what may or may not have happened there prior to going down (the club was already struggling when i got there, the last season with a win) but from what i could see of him he bled blue white and red and dearly loves the club, he has a big mouth but his passion and love for the club is paramount. For what its worth i think an overhaul isn't the way to go, given the instability that they have had in the last few years keeping as many familiar faces around the place would be much more conducive to rebuilding than overhauling everytime things dont go there way, they are starting at absolute rock bottom, no doubting that, but the only reason blokes will stay at this level is mateship, lose the core people already there and you will inveriably lose everyone else, they have some great clubman, just not the best footballers going around. Anyway thats what i think, but i am probably wrong.

Forgot to mention - congrats to Wazzer on his starring role on last Friday's local footy show on channel 31 (ch 44 digital).

Any fines levied on you for the end-of-season festivities?

Thanks mate... I haven't seen the show before. I should watch it one day.

Very excited about the upcoming Mt Lilly v Monash game. Its not often you'd have 2 undefeated teams in round 10 playing each other. Who is going to win it?

Well I'd suggest that Chaddy follow that as a blue print.

I don't think the VAFA admin should step in, nor do i think that they are liable to do so.

A lot of clubs struggle from time to time, and the only way to get back on top is through a lot of hard work and commitment, not through hand outs and charity.

Im pretty sure Chadstone haven't asked for help from the VAFA , nor mentioned on here about getting help.

Its players and supporters from other clubs talking about it , when really its none of their business how Chadstone run there club . Yes their having a tough time at the moment , but im sure they will deal with it internally.

Just worry about whats happening in your own back yard

Im pretty sure Chadstone haven't asked for help from the VAFA , nor mentioned on here about getting help.

Its players and supporters from other clubs talking about it , when really its none of their business how Chadstone run there club . Yes their having a tough time at the moment , but im sure they will deal with it internally.

Just worry about whats happening in your own back yard
I know. I was just replying to Big Waz suggesting that the VAFA admin should step in and help them.

Some 12 weeks ago the forum was flooded with PC knobs telling us how good they were and "how much do we have to beat RC by" to get some respect!! I want to no where all these flogs are now? and whether they still think they will be "just visiting" d4? Personally i think you should start putting your posters up on the wall you could be here a while!! any other thoughts?

Some 12 weeks ago the forum was flooded with PC knobs telling us how good they were and "how much do we have to beat RC by" to get some respect!! I want to no where all these flogs are now? and whether they still think they will be "just visiting" d4? Personally i think you should start putting your posters up on the wall you could be here a while!! any other thoughts?

Nah - don't need to go the 'we told you so' line.

The reality of D4 footy is that the standard is a fair bit better than plenty of outsiders give it credit for.

But that is not that great a surprise for the people involved in it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We will see whos is the pinhead, after we get two wins next saturday...against you dogssss.

monash 2010 flag!!!!!!!

are you fair dinks mate? no need to go round calling everyone dogs, i hardly post on here but you are quite an idiot! Pull ur head in and come back with something constructive, not everyone wants to read your dribble!

Nah - don't need to go the 'we told you so' line.

The reality of D4 footy is that the standard is a fair bit better than plenty of outsiders give it credit for.

But that is not that great a surprise for the people involved in it.
Agreed. Personally I know the standard of some of the sides has surprised me, which is great for the comp.

I think its a pretty common theme around most leagues atm. The bottom div's of most leagues really seem to be picking up the standard.

I guess that is evident by the success of both La Trobe and to a lesser extent Albert Park this year.

Genius?????????? nick ruthfords.

monash 2010 flag !!!!!!!

Yeah genius you can google (all on monash gryphons website)

2009 – D3

President: Walter Pocock
Vice President: Phil Warren
Secretary: Rob Fletcher
Treasurer: David Ratner
VAFA Member: Matt Healy
Senior Coach: Tony Naumoff
Reserves Coach: Jim Gonis
Senior Captain: Daniel Baxter
Senior B&F: Nick Rutherford
Senior Goal Kicking: Ryan Sharkey
Reserves Captain: Vaughan Coffey
Reserves B&F: Avner Kooperman
Reserves Goal Kicking: Walter Pocock

· Seniors win 6 games and finish 10th.
· Reserves win 5 games and finish 8th.
· Chris Leeton is the 6th player to play 200 games.
· Jono Watson, Vaughan Coffey & Jason Harrak play 100 games.
· Brennan Lukav played 50 games.
· Gryphons finish last and are relegated to D4.
· Tony Naumoff last year as senior coach.
· Walter Pocock last year as President.
· Chris Leeton and Nick Rutherford named in the D3 Team of the Year.

Give it up tip rat . Your not from monash . Like i said get a clue

Genius?????????? nick ruthfords.

monash 2010 flag !!!!!!!

Sorry, but without looking at their website, I couldn't tell you who won B&F at Monash last year. My interest in them only began this season. I'll certainly be in Melbourne to watch the Round 10, top of the table, clash. I might be able to comment on the standard of play after seeing that. My mail is though that the Div 4 standard is quite good. Plenty would get a run, including Nick Rutherford, in some of the bush leagues around home (and there are blokes in these on $600+ a game).
From the year to date Monash v Mt Lilydale to play in the decider in September. Dark horses, if there are to be any upsets, Eley Park or Richmond. The rest can and from what I've read so far on the forum probably will, argue amongst themselves.

Looks like all your post onto here "Up front" start with some sort of trash talk or Bagging of an opposing club so i can only assume you have lots of friends(doubtful) !!!!
Anyway , we did feel like we had a pretty good list to start the year and have a competitive season but things haven`t fallen that way for us. A few quality players who started the year have moved on and a few of the older quality players bodies are just not holding up, so they have been replaced with enthusiastic first year players , a couple that have not played before. We have so far played 42 players through the seniors in 9 rounds, hard to set things in place but no one can say they aren`t getting opportunities. Still have good numbers and i`d say other clubs respect the way we go about our footy even though we are losing.

This year our U18`s haven`t come through to play senior footy which there is alot of them who could but so far haven`t been supported by their coach to do the right thing and push up. I think you will find that things will be put in place to push the kids up over the next years to come and thats when we will be a strong team in D4 and Club over all. Hopefully they get on board in the second half of this year i really rate 6 or 7 of them highly.

I agree with the call on D4 footy being better than i thought and the eveness of D4 is great for this division and i enjoy the challenge each week knowing we are up against it. Will make the wins even sweeter when they start to come more frequently.

Oh, thanks "Up front" , hope this confirms to you that we are knobs and flogs. But i`m sure that`s just your opinion.

I agree QuickDraw... PC will be very competitive in years to come... But juniors aren't a guarantee of senior success... Take Kew for example. They have a very strong junior set up, clubbies, u19s etc... but haven't exactly set the world on fire in the seniors.

I agree with the call on D4 footy being better than i thought and the eveness of D4 is great for this division and i enjoy the challenge each week knowing we are up against it. Will make the wins even sweeter when they start to come more frequently.

My money is on PC to climb to top of D3 in four or five seasons. I'm out there three or four times a year with the junior sides and have always thought there's a good atmosphere and attitude at the club. That'll translate to success.

Look at the alternative - if you'd gone to WRFL Div2 you'd spend every second week getting done by 200 points and every other week you'd hold the aftermatch at Mercy Hospital...

Round 10 Tips

Progressive Score: 33/45

Richmond Central vs South Mornington - RC by 2 goals
Manningham vs Box Hill North - BHN by 1 point
Mt Lilydale vs Monash - MtL by 2 goals
Point Cook vs Chadstone - PC by 6 goals
Swinburne Uni vs North Brunswick - NB by 4 goals

Round 10 Tips

Progressive Score: 33/45

Richmond Central vs South Mornington - RC by 2 goals
Manningham vs Box Hill North - BHN by 1 point
Mt Lilydale vs Monash - MtL by 2 goals
Point Cook vs Chadstone - PC by 6 goals
Swinburne Uni vs North Brunswick - NB by 4 goals

Well ths is the best round for the season so far... All should be good games, and all could go either way.

RC
BHN
Mon
PC
Swin

reserves

RC
MAN
MON
Chadstone
NB

Status