D4 Section Ammos pt 1 (2005-2007)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: D4 Section Ammos

Guy's, looking for a praccy match for 21st April, if you are aware of anyone looking please have them contact Syndal FC.

Manny DeBono

Those who are looking for praccy games may want to contact SEN 1116, I heard them the other day running a segment on local footy clubs, one section related to those who were looking for praccy games, but I didn't get the full details. Worth a crack contacting the station though.

Can someone from Bullen confirm if a Dinh Nguyen was at training on Monday/Tuesday night?

Good little goal sneak with plenty of dash, will be a ones player when fit and handy round the goals!

Yep he sure was. Looks pretty handy.

Yes please.... We are still off our ground, though it doesn't look in too bad a condition. Had a run around on it the other day and the ground was very soft, but sandy rather than grassy.

I heard the council was going to reseed the surface... any idea how long that takes? That'll probably be when we get back on with the goal posts in the ground.... PLEEEEASE!!!

I've seen a reference that there needs to be about a month after reseeding.

I also saw somewhere that it's about $20K to tanker in & water a ground, and about $60K to re-seed a ground.

Currently only certain hardy weeds are looking content on the half-forward line!

Anyway - perhaps the whole playing squad should be obliged to turn up to training with runners, shorts and a couple of jerry cans of bucket collecter shower water to apply to the centre square area after training......

.....reminds me of 82/83 when Ian Botham was encouraged to NOT stop spitting as the outfield needed the 'water'.

Heard from Whitehorse council that grounds will be available for one night training a week. They will also permit any practise games to be played on the weekend. That is the plan for April.
On a similar matter, turns out Whitehorse Reserve, home of the Sharks, is off the 07 agenda. Vic Roads won't have it up this season at all, or so they have advised the council. They are presently training at International College in Hay St Box Hill, but have told Council they are not happy with this allocation.
Council had intended to fob them off to share with Box Hill Nth, as they did 2 years ago. Only problem is that now BH have a clubbies team that play there on every other Saturday. Council did not realise the implications of this, so a whole new rethink is needed on the plight of the Sharks.
I believe there are no lights for training, but surely the ideal place for game day would be their original home at Eley Park.
Any Sharks like to give an opinion?

North Brunswick will never change. They've always been a bunch of thugs and these new guys will probably be the same. Syndal aren't as bad as North. At least there's a few good blokes down there that don't mind a beer after the game.

My tip is a St Marys v Eltham granny

As for the DVFL, there's no way it will be cancelled. Far too much money at stake

I agree with robbieflower. The problem is far more deepseeded, as it also occurs in the 2's. As long as "the old boys" are still running around there, prolonging this thug stereotype, it will be a long time coming before they are viewed in a different light. I hope they retire quickly & give the club a chance at a new life as a premier team in the league.

Hey. I heard that Powerhouse lost a bunch of players back to the reformed South Yarra. They should still be pretty strong though.

South Yarra and SKOB both tried to secure our ground at KB this season without success, so we all get to enjoy playing there again this year. Yay! Thanks Council!

Back under lights again this week guys... cant wait!

Heard from Whitehorse council that grounds will be available for one night training a week. They will also permit any practise games to be played on the weekend. That is the plan for April.
On a similar matter, turns out Whitehorse Reserve, home of the Sharks, is off the 07 agenda. Vic Roads won't have it up this season at all, or so they have advised the council. They are presently training at International College in Hay St Box Hill, but have told Council they are not happy with this allocation.
Council had intended to fob them off to share with Box Hill Nth, as they did 2 years ago. Only problem is that now BH have a clubbies team that play there on every other Saturday. Council did not realise the implications of this, so a whole new rethink is needed on the plight of the Sharks.
I believe there are no lights for training, but surely the ideal place for game day would be their original home at Eley Park.
Any Sharks like to give an opinion?

Correct SPY. We are training at oval in Hay St. VicRoads were around there on Wed night of last week having a look. It has no lights and is in very poor condition. I believe they will be putting some temporary road lights in for the next couple of weeks, but a big rumour is that they have decided it will cost too much to get the ground up and playable that they may turf Whitehorse Reserve - if that is the case it will be ready by about Rd 4. Otherwise I have no idea where the council or VicRoads may decide to ship us. Haven't been down to original Eley Park for quite a few years so don't know how it is looking, but surely must be another option.

try mont albert cricket ground, big ground, and i think ****ter la crosse boys play on it on sundays. worth a try!

I agree with robbieflower. The problem is far more deepseeded, as it also occurs in the 2's. As long as "the old boys" are still running around there, prolonging this thug stereotype, it will be a long time coming before they are viewed in a different light. I hope they retire quickly & give the club a chance at a new life as a premier team in the league.

Agree, however its also a location problem as well......and as long as the area is a "mecca" for trouble makers - they will struggle to change. However having spoken to Nth Brunnies heirachy, they have been VERY committed to implementing changes. (So far as telling some to re-locate out of the west bank!)

Crikey, if the UN can't stop the fighting in the middle east, how do we stop the thuggery in the Nth Suburbs?

Agree, however its also a location problem as well......and as long as the area is a "mecca" for trouble makers - they will struggle to change. However having spoken to Nth Brunnies heirachy, they have been VERY committed to implementing changes. (So far as telling some to re-locate out of the west bank!)

Crikey, if the UN can't stop the fighting in the middle east, how do we stop the thuggery in the Nth Suburbs?

I still don't understand why North Bruswick have got this big thug reputation. Yeah they have a couple of try hard tough guys down there but i don't think they are worth the talk on here.

Agree with Chewbacca 15:38 today.

Have played out some great, and very important games, with North Brunswick over the years - and no complaints what so ever. Reality - no complaints about any one club. The odd twit individual. But they normally (get) move(d) on - dunno where to??

You can't throw out the whole carton just because of a few bad eggs. I mean seriously the sheit Lakey has just dished up upon the whole Nth Brunswick club from the actions of a few is pathetic!
I played against them and got along famously with the majority, who were ashamed with their fellow team mates actions(and yes they shared the same ethnicity& religion!)
If they have retained the same ripping blokes and culled the trouble makers (as has been stated) then give it a rest!

Seriously poor form by you Lakey11.

From my experience over the years, North have had as many good blokes as they have had drop kicks, regardless of religion.

For example you'd have to go a long way to meet a more decent bloke in footy than big Huss Hussein.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

:thumbsu:Glad to see some,sanity,fairness and the aussie "fair go" back here;this is the stuff of D4 footy that I see every week,great stuff:thumbsu:

Lakey11 very ordinary call!

Back to footy, we just had out praccy game this weekend cancelled at the last minute due to the council.

I was as optimistic as anyone a month ago but geez it is not looking good unless the skies open within the next couple of weeks, bar takings Friday nights in Melbourne over winter will be at an all time high haha

Syndal is finally able to train on our ground, council conditions are one night per week only - at least its a start. The ground is looking worse for wear, hard, dead grass will need a fair bit of TLC from local Waverley Council

Guy's, looking for a praccy match for 21st April, if you are aware of anyone looking please have them contact Syndal FC.

Manny DeBono

Did you get a praccie match organised yet Manny? We've had all ours cancelled until after Easter, but were lucky enough to reschedule with Warrandyte & Mernda for the 14th & 21st.

Have any other clubs played yet or got games on this weekend?

If you blokes want a game, move to NZ!! Having played my career in the Ammos (D4, D3), I moved to Wellington last year and found out they have a comp. Sure, it's only 4 teams but it's still serious business. The funny thing is it's played over summer. 9 rounds of footy and 2 dry days. Colder the frikkin Melbourne winter! Still, we took out the flag so it was sweet! But only cos we adjusted the best to wet weather footy!

If you blokes want a game, move to NZ!! Having played my career in the Ammos (D4, D3), I moved to Wellington last year and found out they have a comp. Sure, it's only 4 teams but it's still serious business. The funny thing is it's played over summer. 9 rounds of footy and 2 dry days. Colder the frikkin Melbourne winter! Still, we took out the flag so it was sweet! But only cos we adjusted the best to wet weather footy!

NZ actually won the 2005 International Cup. And have competed (not that well) in last years Australian Country Championships. They also now play Maffra on an annual basis.

Anyone not familiar with the international spread of AFL (should keep away from AFL.com.au as it still refers to the upcoming 2005 International Cup...hmmmm!!!!) should look at WorldFootyNews.com,

For those who don't know:
International Cup (NOT Int Rules) involves teams representing (from 2002 and 2005) countries such as Spain, Denmark, USA, Canada, PNG, NZ, Great Britain SthAf, Nauru, Japan, Ireland etc - and NOT involving expat Aussies.

There has even been a 'full junior international' between Denmark and England.

While Aussies can't really represent their nation, last year Denmark, Sweden and Germany had a tri-nations series of 'Internationals'. Denmark itself has a league that is now over 15 years old with some juniors.

Have a look also at the Australian Convicts - they toured Sth Af earlier this year (and actually LOST a game!!!). They'll be heading to the US later this year.

It'll never take on soccer - and who really want's that, but it's pretty damn cool that Melbourne is the centre of this little 'universe'.

Did you get a praccie match organised yet Manny? We've had all ours cancelled until after Easter, but were lucky enough to reschedule with Warrandyte & Mernda for the 14th & 21st.

Have any other clubs played yet or got games on this weekend?

Syndal are scheduled play a game on 14th (confirmed) and waiting on confirmation for the 21st (subject to availability of ground). I am currently in New Zealand with work and the grounds here look magnifiicent, green well grassed and yes is currently raining in Auckland - no dodgy ground issues here from what I can see.

Regards

Manny

Can anyone confirm any practice games over the next few weeks? Even intra club that may be worth a mention?
Any truth that Mr Blagrove is carrying a back related hammie?

Anyone aware of any other old Box Hill Pioneer players pulling on the boots this season. Just caught up with Gangus who is burning up the track.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back