D4 Section Ammos pt 1 (2005-2007)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: D4 Section Ammos

Bit late for the hard stuff Chewbacca. Mark your team down for the lower echelon at season's end. Which team?
As for a wet start to the season. Dreaming again!

If you read my post again you will realise that i said our first games in the wet. Mentioned noting about the first game of the season being in the wet.

Majority of us are here to just have a friendly chat about footy mate. If you want to pretend that you are this all knowing super brain because in real life you are actually a loser with no friends then go ahead. But do it somewhere else.

I doubt very much that my team will be in the lower echelon (great use of dictionary by the way) and i also doubt that you have much of a brain at all when you tell me my team is going to be down the ladder and then ask me in the next sentence who my team is.

If you have got an opinion on something i wrote then by all means express it, thats what we are here for, but don't be a c o c k about it.

Well the Grand Prix is done, hopefully within the next 3 or 4 weeks we can get back on our ground, its usually pretty messed up after they remove all the stands.

The season put back is not good for anyone but it means hopefully we get all our home games actually at home so a bit of a bonus out of something bad.

Any breaking news from other clubs, anyone having any trouble keeping the enthusiasm and numbers up with all the conjecture about the season???

As always just calling it as it iz.
Long odds on double; North Brunswick/North Melbourne. Previous form and the season ahead.

I'd be looking for a big improve from Nth Brunswick this year lads...6 ex-Therry Penola players, mid 20's , who have all played most of their senior footy in c-grade have signed up and are raring to go. (Couple of key position and some quick onballers)...not to mention a great level of enthusiasm around the club with a new coach and cleaning out of some trouble makers from last year..numbers in excess of 40 each night on the track....very excited about the new season...

Eltham must be feeling the pinch after dominating all year only to be bundled out in the finals like an early round opponent of roger federer.

Cheers,

Straight Sets.

Lets just pray that the rain comes down so we can get this show on the road...

just looking at eltham's website.

looks nice and positive considering how their season ended up.

took this extract from the site.

SEASON 2007
There are plenty of positive signs around the club at the moment with a good number of new pole smokers on the track and with the inclusion of Stonie’s compression sessions in his new Tarago we should be primed to get our a$$es well and truly pumped by all and sundry.

The leadership group for 2007 has been announced and Johnny “I smoke pole like a demon” Galvin will be captain again along with Ryan “Fisty” Foo as vice captain and Adam “Who stole my buttplug “ Chapman as deputy vice captain. Brendan “Soggy biscuit” Evans will once again lead the reserves for what will hopefully be another disastrous year.

This year's girls blouse presentation and player auction will be held on Sunday April 1 at The Market(Commercial Road, Prahran) and will no doubt be another great day/night. So get out the fake tan, take your top off and get on the podium!

Dont worry about Eltham if they have improved at all this year they will be top one or two, and after the dissappointment last year tough in the finals.

SEASON 2007
There are plenty of positive signs around the club at the moment with a good number of new pole smokers on the track and with the inclusion of Stonie’s compression sessions in his new Tarago we should be primed to get our a$$es well and truly pumped by all and sundry.

The leadership group for 2007 has been announced and Johnny “I smoke pole like a demon” Galvin will be captain again along with Ryan “Fisty” Foo as vice captain and Adam “Who stole my buttplug “ Chapman as deputy vice captain. Brendan “Soggy biscuit” Evans will once again lead the reserves for what will hopefully be another disastrous year.

This year's girls blouse presentation and player auction will be held on Sunday April 1 at The Market(Commercial Road, Prahran) and will no doubt be another great day/night. So get out the fake tan, take your top off and get on the podium!

pointless, immature post....I hope your walk can back up such talk...

SEASON 2007

classic! put em back in their shells smasher :)

Dont worry about Eltham if they have improved at all this year they will be top one or two, and after the dissappointment last year tough in the finals.

I heard that Eltham picked a few parade boys this year is that true?

North brunswick will be just the same as they have been the last few years. They wouldn've recruited guys that are the calibre of a few st Marys boys. I heard the full forward has really strong hands and take a grab anywhere. There's another bloke thats fit as and can play too.

Finally a praccy game, playing Lyndale (Div 2 SFL) next weekend, anybody know much about them??

I wont name names just yet....just a heads up to keep an eye out for the green and gold this year....
I'd be very surprised if they didn't finish in the top half of the ladder....

PM me with the details if you can champ, there a few of us on the D1 thread who would like to know:thumbsu:

I heard that Eltham picked a few parade boys this year is that true?

North brunswick will be just the same as they have been the last few years. They wouldn've recruited guys that are the calibre of a few st Marys boys. I heard the full forward has really strong hands and take a grab anywhere. There's another bloke thats fit as and can play too.

No new parade boys that i know of @ eltham as far as i no,

On the Nth Brunswick front, i hope they are better, last year they were a bit of a rabble, and id much rather play a team thats gonna give a good game of 'footy', rather than a few black eyes and a pretty easy win of 20+ goals, i dont think VAFA would put up with another year if they didnt pull there heads in and concentrate on footy........

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No new parade boys that i know of @ eltham as far as i no,

On the Nth Brunswick front, i hope they are better, last year they were a bit of a rabble, and id much rather play a team thats gonna give a good game of 'footy', rather than a few black eyes and a pretty easy win of 20+ goals, i dont think VAFA would put up with another year if they didnt pull there heads in and concentrate on footy........

Have seen them play and they are not that bad. VAFA put up with much worse for years from one club still in club in D1. Much worse.:cool:

Re rain and delayed seasons etc.

Just been down to East Gippy over the weekend. The NGFL will be underway as scheduled, they have had a reasonable amount of late summer rain and have 6 of 10 grounds in good shape (plus using recycled and bore water).

I wonder how many Uni students from that region have decided they'd rather head back home each week for a kick of the footy?

Just curious though how many D4 clubs have or are doing anything around installing tanks or anything else, even sinking a bore!?!?

btw - is it just me, or do other people find it a bit of a farce that D4 ammos folk should try to big note themselves - I wouldn't wish bad upon any club. Great to see the Centrals might be coming good. Just so long as none of the clubs go folding and letting the soccer prima donnas take over.

Have seen them play and they are not that bad. VAFA put up with much worse for years from one club still in club in D1. Much worse.:cool:

You obviously did not see them last year when a certain massive guy (suspended more than once for striking just last year) ran around like a fool belting the littliest blokes he could find from behind, shame was he could play footy but was just an ordinary human being.

You obviously did not see them last year when a certain massive guy (suspended more than once for striking just last year) ran around like a fool belting the littliest blokes he could find from behind, shame was he could play footy but was just an ordinary human being.

Be careful Falcon. One wouldn't want to throw stones.............I saw a reserves game at your home ground that one falcon wasn't too keen on the footy.

Be careful Falcon. One wouldn't want to throw stones.............I saw a reserves game at your home ground that one falcon wasn't too keen on the footy.

I know the game you are talking about and yeah it was a ****house effort, I love hard footy but why not just go to the pub if you want to belt blokes.

But I will take what you said onboard, defintely dont agree with that rubbish whether its my team or another!

Yep, Falcons07 you need your wings clipped. You've made cracks against Syndal & North Brunswick, you are setting your team-mates up for a couple of tough days at the office when you come up against them, why inflame the opposition weeks before you play them? I also note the latest newsletter on your club website mentions a discipline problem with a player at a club function, so maybe you need to look within before taking swipes at others. I also recall an incident a couple of seasons back where an Albert Park player took off over the fence and belted a couple of opposition spectators.

What do people think of the possibility of some leagues cancelling for the season all together and those players coming to the Ammo's for a season?
How will this impact on season predictions and promotion/relegation if a comp such as the DVFL cancelled and a fair few players ventured to some of the ammo's clubs for the season??? :eek:

What do people think of the possibility of some leagues cancelling for the season all together and those players coming to the Ammo's for a season?
How will this impact on season predictions and promotion/relegation if a comp such as the DVFL cancelled and a fair few players ventured to some of the ammo's clubs for the season??? :eek:

Good point Coach, I would be suprised if the diamond Valley got a start. After viewing some of the ground lately they look as though they would need the whole year off. I am sure the turtles would welcome any stray panthers that made their way up to research.

Good point Coach, I would be suprised if the diamond Valley got a start. After viewing some of the ground lately they look as though they would need the whole year off. I am sure the turtles would welcome any stray panthers that made their way up to research.

I was speaking with a fair few DVFL boys @ the lower last week who said they'd definately play @ turltes if no DVFL, with eltham college being pretty much right in the middle of the DVFL it would attract alot of players who want a kick

North Brunswick will never change. They've always been a bunch of thugs and these new guys will probably be the same. Syndal aren't as bad as North. At least there's a few good blokes down there that don't mind a beer after the game.

My tip is a St Marys v Eltham granny

As for the DVFL, there's no way it will be cancelled. Far too much money at stake

I was speaking with a fair few DVFL boys @ the lower last week who said they'd definately play @ turltes if no DVFL, with eltham college being pretty much right in the middle of the DVFL it would attract alot of players who want a kick

sounds great in theory, but what happens next season? The dollar players will return to the DVFL and the players shafted this season may not return. Could be a boon for one season then bust the next.
As robbieflower mentioned the DVFL needs to get a start this season to avoid more bad publicity.

sounds great in theory, but what happens next season? The dollar players will return to the DVFL and the players shafted this season may not return. Could be a boon for one season then bust the next.
As robbieflower mentioned the DVFL needs to get a start this season to avoid more bad publicity.

Its not up to the DVFL, if the councils say no footy then its no footy for the DV,

The dollar players wont come to the turltes as they are dollar players and will go to clubs with dollars like tempy, balwyn, E burwood, Ringwood etc the kids that dont care n just wana play footy would be the ones that would be interested in VAFA, and ECFC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back