D4 Section Ammos pt 1 (2005-2007)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: D4 Section Ammos

Mr Blagrove is far from injured, trained last night, was an inspiration as always...:thumbsu: Turltes have had one intra club, went well with no dramas, new players were impressive

Anny razorbacks follow you Manny ? a Higgins or Murchie(even on one leg) would be very handy.

Lakey11 that is one of the more pathetic posts I've seen on BigFooty.

I played against Nth Brunnie for 10 years 95-04 and thoroughly enjoyed the contest they gave. Football is a contact sport and generally speaking they didn't overstep the line anymore than some of the other ammo teams running around in that time. Eltham for one was a much dirtier, cowardly team than Nth Brunnie.

Lakey11 that is one of the more pathetic posts I've seen on BigFooty.

I played against Nth Brunnie for 10 years 95-04 and thoroughly enjoyed the contest they gave. Football is a contact sport and generally speaking they didn't overstep the line anymore than some of the other ammo teams running around in that time. Eltham for one was a much dirtier, cowardly team than Nth Brunnie.

Oh Platters you disappoint me......you bag Lakey11 and then decide to do exactly the same thing and slander the turtles???
I can recall one 'cheap shot' incident in 1999 involving a guy who never played for the club again, other than that, I can't even recall a melee between our clubs! Is that what is driving your crack at our club?
Always stayed around for a beer at Sayers Rd too, Ivan would give away a few beers and then we would head back up the ring road.
Not sure what an experienced ammo person such as yourself is trying to achieve with a comment like that.

:cool:I start out in the centre so I'm putting myself there again, with the comments of criticism of various teams by others;spent the last hour going over my reports for several years and guess what???ALL sides come out just about even,so by me,their are a lot of glass houses in danger here,and more importantly sportsmanship and friendships are being put in jeopody,a friendly crack is one thing fellars,but this is pushing the envelope,COOL IT DOWN:cool:

:cool:I start out in the centre so I'm putting myself there again, with the comments of criticism of various teams by others;spent the last hour going over my reports for several years and guess what???ALL sides come out just about even,so by me,their are a lot of glass houses in danger here,and more importantly sportsmanship and friendships are being put in jeopody,a friendly crack is one thing fellars,but this is pushing the envelope,COOL IT DOWN:cool:

Is that a yellow or red card you are reaching for Nelly?
Surely not the dreaded BLACK card?

I do agree though; let he without sin, cast the first forearm.....sorry, stone.

Trainend in the rain last night boys, not a massive downfall but cant hurt. Training on Port Colts ground at the moment and could already notice the difference with some new grass amongst the dirt patches.

Anyone else feel like professional trainers, we had a praccy game this weekend but was cancelled. Only one more shot for a game on the 14th against the Hawks fingers crossed.

Any other team a shot of starting the season without a game against an opposition???

Trainend in the rain last night boys, not a massive downfall but cant hurt. Training on Port Colts ground at the moment and could already notice the difference with some new grass amongst the dirt patches.

Anyone else feel like professional trainers, we had a praccy game this weekend but was cancelled. Only one more shot for a game on the 14th against the Hawks fingers crossed.

Any other team a shot of starting the season without a game against an opposition???

South yarra are looking for a practice game after easter... give Bruce Hill a yell.

Oh Platters you disappoint me......you bag Lakey11 and then decide to do exactly the same thing and slander the turtles???
I can recall one 'cheap shot' incident in 1999 involving a guy who never played for the club again, other than that, I can't even recall a melee between our clubs! Is that what is driving your crack at our club?
Always stayed around for a beer at Sayers Rd too, Ivan would give away a few beers and then we would head back up the ring road.
Not sure what an experienced ammo person such as yourself is trying to achieve with a comment like that.

If you're talking about the cheap shot that broke Mal Gibb's jaw on the eve of the finals then yes that does come to mind. In the same game I remember Matthew Best giving out a few.

I also remember Matthew Best telling one of our guys, who is also a very good mate of mine, that he was a weak c*nt as he was being taken off the ground on a stretcher after breaking his leg a year or so later.

I remember Gasporotto giving one out after a bit of a push and shove at our ground, the siren then going and still refusing to shake his opponent's hand.

The bloke who always wore an Australian olympic tracksuit everytime I saw him and had a pair of gold boxing gloves hanging from a chain around his neck was always one to look out for.

My post is completely different to Lakey's. He is a racist. I am a turtlist.

M.Best who played with you blokes in 2001 was possibly the dirtiest footballer going around. I think he was only there for a year and missed most of that with suspension. How did the club handle him or did he leave on his own?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

M.Best who played with you blokes in 2001 was possibly the dirtiest footballer going around. I think he was only there for a year and missed most of that with suspension. How did the club handle him or did he leave on his own?

Not sure if any club could handle Matthew Best, we tried but clearly failed. He could really play, but had a severe case of white line fever. Played in 99 and some of 2001 before being suspended big time. Went back to DVFL.

If you're talking about the cheap shot that broke Mal Gibb's jaw on the eve of the finals then yes that does come to mind. In the same game I remember Matthew Best giving out a few.

I also remember Matthew Best telling one of our guys, who is also a very good mate of mine, that he was a weak c*nt as he was being taken off the ground on a stretcher after breaking his leg a year or so later.

I remember Gasporotto giving one out after a bit of a push and shove at our ground, the siren then going and still refusing to shake his opponent's hand.

The bloke who always wore an Australian olympic tracksuit everytime I saw him and had a pair of gold boxing gloves hanging from a chain around his neck was always one to look out for.

My post is completely different to Lakey's. He is a racist. I am a turtlist.

Fair enough, I can see it is a deep seated hate and I would much prefer you to be a turtlist than a racist!
I am just observing that you are passing judgement on a club based on a handful of blokes from many years ago, none of those blokes have played since 2001. I think anyone who has been connected with a club for any length of time would be able to recall poor acts made by players at their club. Can't condone any of those incidents, sorry you dislike the club so much.

Fair enough, I can see it is a deep seated hate and I would much prefer you to be a turtlist than a racist!
I am just observing that you are passing judgement on a club based on a handful of blokes from many years ago, none of those blokes have played since 2001. I think anyone who has been connected with a club for any length of time would be able to recall poor acts made by players at their club. Can't condone any of those incidents, sorry you dislike the club so much.

I last played against Eltham in 2004. The first time we played you that year at your ground one of your blokes belted me in the back of the head when I was standing under a mark. That in itself is okay, as I mentioned earlier footy is a contact sport and there are times when you want your opponent to earn their kicks. However, on this occasion I saw red and thumped him back - at least he got to see his coming. A small scuffle followed, no damage done, the game went on.

The bloke who was coaching you along with the runner couldn't leave it at that though and spent the next two quarters telling me how I was f*cked - from the safety of the boundary line. I didn't mind that too much as the dills couldn't concentrate on coaching their team and we proceeded to win comfortably.

Couldn't help but think not too much has changed from the Matthew Best days. Hopefully they're not involved with your club anymore also.

In itself an isolated incident, but when looked at along with others is pretty typical from a club I don't have much respect for.

I last played against Eltham in 2004. The first time we played you that year at your ground one of your blokes belted me in the back of the head when I was standing under a mark. That in itself is okay, as I mentioned earlier footy is a contact sport and there are times when you want your opponent to earn their kicks. However, on this occasion I saw red and thumped him back - at least he got to see his coming. A small scuffle followed, no damage done, the game went on.

The bloke who was coaching you along with the runner couldn't leave it at that though and spent the next two quarters telling me how I was f*cked - from the safety of the boundary line. I didn't mind that too much as the dills couldn't concentrate on coaching their team and we proceeded to win comfortably.

Couldn't help but think not too much has changed from the Matthew Best days. Hopefully they're not involved with your club anymore also.

In itself an isolated incident, but when looked at along with others is pretty typical from a club I don't have much respect for.

build a bridge and get over it mate

Hey clown you have way too much bitterness and unresolved anger for someone who hasn't dealt with our club for several years.

Don't get high and mighty about highlighting isolated incidents from years gone by. They are as relevant to the current Turtles coaching staff and playing list as former Saint Robbie Muir's feats ( a talented player but tortured soul ) are to the current day St.Kilda team.

You blokes were far from clean skins yourselves. Clean up your own backyard before trying to sh*t in someone elses.

Every club has clowns that float in an out evey year. No one knows what a new player is capable off until they play. It's the old scenario A: we need players B: we don't need f'wits at the club, sometime A wins, sometimes B wins

Every club has clowns that float in an out evey year. No one knows what a new player is capable off until they play. It's the old scenario A: we need players B: we don't need f'wits at the club, sometime A wins, sometimes B wins

Exactly. Couldn't put it better.

So someone yelled at u from the bounary line, and u got a knock to the head in a marking contest in 2001 - 2004, so 6-3 years ago, and u still use a box of Kleenex every time you hear the name Eltham?????

Your a sook mate....

quote=Falcons07;7061458]Thanks mate, will get onto it.

Probably just finding a ground will be the problem.[/quote]
:)Try contacting Mentone Grammar re hiring their sports fields,many clubs are playing prac games their,grounds watered with bore water and are in pretty good nic.:rolleyes:

Is that a yellow or red card you are reaching for Nelly?
Surely not the dreaded BLACK card?

I do agree though; let he without sin, cast the first forearm.....sorry, stone.
:mad:Could be BLACK AND BLUE CARD the way things are going here:mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back