News Dale Thomas: Going, going, **OFFICIALLY** gone! (Please, don't feed trolls)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm confident we've got this one right.
Mate I disagree with most things you post but on This point I agree:thumbsu: and I like it as well.

Thomas lasted less than 2 qtrs in the VFL the last time he attempted to play and if there is a god that hopefully will be the outcome next time he tries to play.

you didn't read the post which i was replying to. it said he would be paid 2.5 million over 4 years which if i'm not mistaken is 625k per year.

It's a points based system using the new contract value and the age of the player. Not just contract value.

Agree.like Thomas but stinks of nepotism.and vindictive.I'm getting worried
Wouldn't surprise me if it's just a way to split the cash. Put $1.25 mill each in Micks and Daisy's account and call it even. Haha I seriously thought he was finished like Rusling. Unbelievable that there's so much money being thrown around especially when there's a salary cap in place.

Firstly, I hope Thomas' professional career including commercial viability is a failure from now on and support attempts to personally abuse him and belittle him when the opportunity presents itself.*

I hope we get 11 for him as that will set us up nicely in terms of potential trade or a draft pick.

From an outsiders perspective , I would have been more keen on holding on to Betts and seeing whether you could then snare Thomas with him. Losing Betts but gaining Thomas with where Thomas is at, doesn't necessarily make Carlton more threatening. They have 3 small forwards but Betts for me was a class above Garlett and had Yarran comfortably covered, as a forward and with the ability to do the magical.

*Not endorsing physical violence or harrassing of family- due to obvious classiness

We were in an EF this year! up to our eyeballs late in the last qtr.
All with Daisy missing most of the year.
He wants almost Cloke like money to stay at the club that made him.

Shove it brother, just keep walking.

Enjoying chowing down on one of the silver haired liars snags at his next apology for being shit sausage sizzle.

I would believe nothing until an official from either club makes a statement.

The Herald Sun reported Carlton’s offer is 2.5 million over 4 seasons. It then went on to say the deal is worth $700k per season. Now I'm not sure if anyone else picked up the error but by my calculations $700k per season is 2.8 million over 4 seasons.

So if there is an offer and it is $2.5 million over 4 seasons that would mean we would have to commit 650k per season to retain him.

What are your thoughts? Does that amount represent enough value for us to consider matching the offer keeping in mind that he will be considered a veteran in 2 years time?
Or do we just match the offer and put him back on the trade table there after?

Personally I don’t care which option we take as long as we get the best outcome for the club.

Don't know if your joking but he is correct.

First things first, any ASA element counts toward the TPP. So Thomas' wage + ASA = his wage so far as the compensation is concerned.

If you have served 8 years and are in the top 25% of the TPP, you are by definition a Free Agent. If you've served 8 years and are not in the top 25% then you are defined as an Unrestricted Free Agent.

Thomas is a young Free Agent, earns in the top 25%, a high achiever and is a marquee player. If anyone is a band one, it is Dale Thomas.

Hope he cops it next year, disgusting sell out flog

Running back to daddy micky coz it got too hard :(

I will let him have it that is for Sure. When he comes out as a Scum Player:mad:

Look at this guy - this is F'in commitment you lazy footballers who command millions of dollars..
look at this guy

home2.jpg

BVMZdDyCAAAM-Zs.jpg

Thats right- 5:30 AM after the season is over. Dragging Seedsman with him - WHAT A F"IN CHAMP
Where did you see this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who cares. Gets to play on a team with a coach he got along well with, being a bigger fish in a smaller pond than he would be here, and get paid more for it.

Probably the right decision for him. Won't set us back much at all.

The Herald Sun reported Carlton’s offer is 2.5 million over 4 seasons. It then went on to say the deal is worth $700k per season. Now I'm not sure if anyone else picked up the error but by my calculations $700k per season is 2.8 million over 4 seasons.

So if there is an offer and it is $2.5 million over 4 seasons that would mean we would have to commit 650k per season to retain him.

What are your thoughts? Does that amount represent enough value for us to consider matching the offer keeping in mind that he will be considered a veteran in 2 years time?

Personally I don’t care which option we take as long as we get the best outcome for the club.
Give Adams 2 million for 4 years. Watch him light it up in round 1 while Daisy is giving Mick a cuddle in the coaches box for half a season!

First things first, any ASA element counts toward the TPP. So Thomas' wage + ASA = his wage so far as the compensation is concerned.

If you have served 8 years and are in the top 25% of the TPP, you are by definition a Free Agent. If you've served 8 years and are not in the top 25% then you are defined as an Unrestricted Free Agent.

Thomas is a young Free Agent, earns in the top 25%, a high achiever and is a marquee player. If anyone is a band one, it is Dale Thomas.

I don't have the 5 criteria points on hand, think it was 5. Point one said $650K is band one comp.
That's all I'm saying, now maybe he OVER qualifies on other points, maybe they say he ticks 3 other points & is close enough on the wage part & we get band one. I think it's another black op deal where it also can come down to AFL discretion.

Edit: Yeah I forgot about the ASA component so maybe he makes it anyway.:thumbsu:

Who cares. Gets to play on a team with a coach he got along well with, being a bigger fish in a smaller pond than he would be here, and get paid more for it.

Probably the right decision for him. Won't set us back much at all.

Hi Smidz. Finally our debate about Thomas v Murph can be settled.

I agree until Clubs and AFL Announce it then is just Rumors

Agree.like Thomas but stinks of nepotism.and vindictive.I'm getting worried
We liked him also but he has treated our club badly and he deserves all the vitriol he is getting. Last off season His ankle was getting worse and he should have had surgery before the end 2012 season but he put that off until after his end of year trip to europe because he thought rest would work and we know how this has ended.It all gets back to this ankle injury and he has carried it for 2 years now and every time he has attempted to play it fails him.As expected most of us here hope this trend continues but good luck to you anyway but in all honesty I wish only ill luck for Thomas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back