News Dale Thomas: Going, going, **OFFICIALLY** gone! (Please, don't feed trolls)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's the crux for me. If he's ankle is screwed I agree with everything you say. Having said that the comment on radio about kids getting their jumper out of the bin is pretty ordinary.

IF his ankle is good & we know it, he knows it & they know it, then he's a dog & should be booed for eternity. We have paid him handsomely even during his last two years of doing bugger all.

This is IMHO the only time loyalty in the game, possibly the last bastion, is where you do owe the club.
(I don't want to have an argument about loyalty so don't respond if that's your comment)

I don't boo Pies, it's not something I say lightly, the last player I booed was Nick Davis.
Interesting perspective but IMO, he's given us 150 (?) games and a flag so I don't think we owe him anything, personally. I'd hate to think we wouldn't look after an injured player after service like that. Just like I'd like think my employer would look after me if something happened.

It's a business and I can't blame him, considering we lowered our offer after his injury.

I agree with you on the Davis hate and, as he's at the Blues I'll boo him & wish him all the misfortune I the world. I never begrudged any other ex-pie (Taz, Sav, Willo, Wellers, etc...)

Look at the Carlton flogs all happy that they have paid massive overs for a injury prone sometimes on baller.

If he is so good why won't we match the offer, we have the right to so we won't we Carlton flogs?

One, his ankle is ******, two he is a massive problem at the club and three we build sides, we do not seek to take other people's 'stars'. How's Judd worked out? How many flags has he played in with the Tankers?

Oh yeah and with Dids rumoured to be joining also enjoy the special things they will bring to your club. They are 'volcanic' personalities.
This

Look at the Carlton flogs all happy that they have paid massive overs for a injury prone sometimes on baller.

If he is so good why won't we match the offer, we have the right to so we won't we Carlton flogs?

I'll answer this! It's because we don't have the salary cap!

Hang on a minute........

We need to change the system so that you can trade or agree to sign free agents at least before their final season begins at a club. If Daisy, Buddy and GAJ had the chance to inform their clubs fans of their choices 6-12 months in advance it would end the need to lie repeatedly.

Thomas was always going to Carlton, that much is clear.

Love the outside the box thinking Matty but imagine the uproar if Buddy told the Hawks faithful etc 12 months that he would be leaving to join the side that just beat them for the 2012 flag.

We're stuck with it for the time being but most areas surrounding FA suck.

Guys, I'm really struggling to understand the anger re Daisy leaving.

He helped us win a flag, a rare experience in a now 18 team competition.

He's got a stuffed ankle.

He's taken his ankle to Carlton and loaded up 625K of their salary cap.

He's given us zilch, nada for two years whist on 500+ whatever.

We'll now get a great young kid and have salary cap room for another gun.

Footy's a business nowadays ( sadly ) but that's the truth.

I'm grateful for what he did, would wish him well at most other clubs, but TBH pretty relieved to see the back of him.

We'll have an exciting team on the park next year with less of the look at me type players and more of the hard professional types.

I think he's done us a massive favour by leaving and I even wonder if deep down he knows that.

Yeah sure that's his real intention cmon swooop...

I agree it isn't a huge loss in the scheme as good as Daisy was at his best but in no way shape or form was he thinking of Collingwood's best interests in this otherwise he would of signed on then asked to be traded to GWS for Tom Boyd.

My only anger around this whole situation is that Thomas had to lie to us fans for months, maybe even 12-18 months because of the current system. Other players to be forced to lie recently included Gary Ablett Jnr and of course Buddy.

We need to change the system so that you can trade or agree to sign free agents at least before their final season begins at a club. If Daisy, Buddy and GAJ had the chance to inform their clubs fans of their choices 6-12 months in advance it would end the need to lie repeatedly.

Don't like it, it seems like your advocating a NRL style system where players tell fans in round 4 they are gone.

As much as it's annoying & frustrating I'd rather see stoney faced players say "No Comment" all the time until reporters never ask the question again!

My only anger around this whole situation is that Thomas had to lie to us fans for months, maybe even 12-18 months because of the current system. Other players to be forced to lie recently included Gary Ablett Jnr and of course Buddy.

This is why, I have been saying for a few months now on the main board. That now we have free agency players should be able too say during the year "I will be playing for X next year" like they do in the NRL. If Thomas came out and said in July "I will be playing for Carlton next year but for now my focus is Collingwood and winning a premiership" Id be like fine, fair enough.

But having to listen to all the garbage "The kids might need to take those jumpers out of the bin" etc etc just makes me sick. Hes a prick and that is why he can **** off right now even if he stays he can get ****ed.

He instantly becomes their best mid really IMO or on a par with Murphy. Judd is past it. Gibbs is flaky and the rest are just goers like McLean, Curnow, Cachia etc.

We will see what he is really made of and to what level he can contribute over there.

At least he will be familiar with the game plan so there won't be any teething problems for him.
I was joking. Their midfield is rubbish.
Did you see Murphy's year? An injured DT is easily better. If you don't believe me then head over to their board and read some comments about him.
Gibbs is a joke of a footballer and Thomas has more courage in one of his pubes than that useless hack ever will.
Judd, I didn't see much of his WC days as I was living interstate at the time and only saw Pies & Swans matches. I've been watching him at Carlton & I rarely see him hit targets. His marking & kicking is awful. I've noticed that people stop calling his errors 'uncharacteristic' after a year or do.
Kruiser... well, I think he has a slight form of ******ation TBH. Grundy has show more in 8 games or so.
Robinson. Yeah...no 'think' air 'slight form'... Then who?

Before the a Essendon anomaly, their Board was a laugh. Meltdown Central.

People say that Malthouse can get the best out of a rubbish list.

Well, now is the acid test, as their list is rubbish. Especially their mids.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When do we officially find out what compensation pick we get.we may use that pick for a trade so I would think once the flog signs for the scum we find out.

Don't like it, it seems like your advocating a NRL style system where players tell fans in round 4 they are gone.

As much as it's annoying & frustrating I'd rather see stoney faced players say "No Comment" all the time until reporters never ask the question again!

My suggestion would be for any player who is FA eligible at the end of an upcoming season to simply nominate that they will "seek other offers" at seasons end. No need to name the club they might be going to, because that may change in that time period also but at least tell fans they are probably leaving.

It would be a bloodbath with supporters openly booing their own players ferociously when they play badly...every loss would be blamed on them for not trying, heart not in it blah blah blah.
Then, when the team wins & that player stars, it's then depressing knowing they will be gone next year.
I would rather not know.
Besides, Buddy only made his mind up 20 minutes before GWS blew the whistle on him :).

Spoiled little brat running back to daddy because the poor little fella wasn't getting his way.

I don't want to wish injury on a player however I do hope he never recaptures his 2010-11 form.

My suggestion would be for any player who is FA eligible at the end of an upcoming season to simply nominate that they will "seek other offers" at seasons end. No need to name the club they might be going to, because that may change in that time period also but at least tell fans they are probably leaving.
Its interesting matty and I agree we need to tinker with the ciurrent system

But with your idea, wouldn't the club just drop the player to their 2nds and promote a kid because there is no upside in the Free Agent?

I don't see how that really helps the situation. There will still be speculation as to which club. Plus people may hate on the player all year, even though he may want to stay?

Sounds pretty much like FA as we have it now.

Matty I feel differently about this. He didn't have to go to the extent he did to try to convince us he was staying (get the kids to pull the #13 jumpers out of the rubbish bins etc).

And, a different point, I don't think we can all blame 'the system' for the way we behave. Of course systems constrain us in some ways. But there's always some element of choice about whether we go one way or another.

Its interesting matty and I agree we need to tinker with the ciurrent system

But with your idea, wouldn't the club just drop the player to their 2nds and promote a kid because there is no upside in the Free Agent?

Nah, judging by other sports in the world (NRL, MLB, NBA) the player actually use plays their guts out as to try and increase their "market value" at the end of the year, and forces the club to include them.

I'm getting petty now but has anyone noticed whenever Daisy puts on his big boy pants and talks to the media he always bobs and tilts his head?

What's up with that?

I don't see how that really helps the situation. There will still be speculation as to which club. Plus people may hate on the player all year, even though he may want to stay?

Sounds pretty much like FA as we have it now.

I think we'd have to get used to it though, I wouldn't hate any player who made his decision public, I'd accept it for what it is and that's free agency. I have always been an advocate for FA but believe the current system is too restrictive both on the players and the clubs in terms of what they can say prior to the actual FA period at the end of their term.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back