News Dale Thomas: Going, going, **OFFICIALLY** gone! (Please, don't feed trolls)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He instantly becomes their best mid really IMO or on a par with Murphy. Judd is past it. Gibbs is flaky and the rest are just goers like McLean, Curnow, Cachia etc.

We will see what he is really made of and to what level he can contribute over there.

At least he will be familiar with the game plan so there won't be any teething problems for him.

His best is better then Murphy's but will he get back to his 2010/2011 best is a big IF.

Matty I feel differently about this. He didn't have to go to the extent he did to try to convince us he was staying (get the kids to pull the #13 jumpers out of the rubbish bins etc).

And, a different point, I don't think we can all blame 'the system' for the way we behave. Of course systems constrain us in some ways. But there's always some element of choice about whether we go one way or another.
Didn't know about the comment on the kids getting the guernseys back out of the rubbish at that stage of proceedings. That is poor form, to be honest.

Hawks get pick 20 something for Franklin while in the same circumstance Melbourne would get pick to for scully.

Collingwood, a strong club, lost Thomas after last year picking up Lynch and Young.

The fact don't bear your theory out.

Free agency will be good for well run clubs and bad for poorly run clubs.
Scully did not leave under FA rules, nor did Ablett, Campbell, Rischitelli, Brennan or Ward IIRC. So don't muddy the waters by making your argument with them.

Didn't know about the comment on the kids getting the guernseys back out of the rubbish at that stage of proceedings. That is poor form, to be honest.

Very poor form but by then most had worked out he was full of shit and just discounted it and stated it was true to form for this arrogant little shit.

Guys, I'm really struggling to understand the anger re Daisy leaving.

He helped us win a flag, a rare experience in a now 18 team competition.

He's got a stuffed ankle.

He's taken his ankle to Carlton and loaded up 625K of their salary cap.

He's given us zilch, nada for two years whist on 500+ whatever.

We'll now get a great young kid and have salary cap room for another gun.

Footy's a business nowadays ( sadly ) but that's the truth.

I'm grateful for what he did, would wish him well at most other clubs, but TBH pretty relieved to see the back of him.

We'll have an exciting team on the park next year with less of the look at me type players and more of the hard professional types.

I think he's done us a massive favour by leaving and I even wonder if deep down he knows that.

As I think about it more I can see your point. Still have loved watching Daisy since that 1st match he played in Adelaide and knocked himself out jumping against their ruck. Wish his departure was more seamless but hard with the profile. It can yet be a win for us but if Daisy gets up and going again it is a big loss. If his ankles are a risk to go again it makes sence to take the 4 years with good coin.

I'm getting petty now but has anyone noticed whenever Daisy puts on his big boy pants and talks to the media he always bobs and tilts his head?

What's up with that?
It's an illiterate carlscum thing.

Just to check, is this good as done?

I know it can't be official until Friday but judging by the non appearance at the copeland and lack of comment by the club, it must be done.

Here's the crux for me. If he's ankle is screwed I agree with everything you say. Having said that the comment on radio about kids getting their jumper out of the bin is pretty ordinary.

IF his ankle is good & we know it, he knows it & they know it, then he's a dog & should be booed for eternity. We have paid him handsomely even during his last two years of doing bugger all.

This is IMHO the only time loyalty in the game, possibly the last bastion, is where you do owe the club.
(I don't want to have an argument about loyalty so don't respond if that's your comment)

I don't boo Pies, it's not something I say lightly, the last player I booed was Nick Davis.

I know that you said that you don't want a discussion about loyalty but that is what is burning me up.
We all expect loyalty from our players but our players don't get the same from the club unless the club deems it to be necessary. Chris Dawes had loyalty, (he signed an 'unders' contract in 2011 in an attempt to show the sort of loyalty that could keep a premiership group together) he's gone, Heater made some mistakes but his heart was always with us, his loyalty unquestionable, he's gone. The Shaw family is almost Collingwood royalty but now we have thrown aside our final tie to them.
Didak refused to be traded back to his home state because he wanted to be a 'Pie' and despite all of his foibles that desire never wavered, he's gone.
Everyone is expendable, we are a business now, with all the humanity and compassion of a corporate giant. What if the supporters took the same attitude, if we only expend our resources where there is a profit to be made or a return on investment that has a fiscal return greater than our investment, why would we pay for a membership ( as I have done, a full social club membership even though I live in Perth and can't afford to get to Melbourne to make use of my game ticket entitlements in the last couple of years. In fact all of the years that I have been a member I have never been able to make use of this on more than even 3 occasions in any year.). In Eddies eyes I must be a real mug, especially since I'll even renew it again for 2014. Don't think for a second that I am one of those people that has been anti Eddie, Bucks or anyone else at the club, I have until now been supportive and enthusiastic in my belief that our people are the right people. Such faith means that my disappointment and disillusionment is even more painful than that of the cynics we hear from so often.
I will always be a Pies supporter but some of the lustre has been removed.

Some on here are being very harsh towards daisy. Don't forget that you will get pick 11 as well as the cap space he will leave. Which will allow to to draft a gun and hunt for a big FA next year.

I hate u guys but ur list management is first class. How you got picks in the late teens for Dawes and wellingham is beyond me, then Grundy falls from a projected top 3 pick to pick 18 FFS!!!

I hate u guys but ur list management is first class. How you got picks in the late teens for Dawes and wellingham is beyond me, then Grundy falls from a projected top 3 pick to pick 18 FFS!!!
Well good players attract a good return in trade. It's surprisingly simple.

I know it can't be official until Friday but judging by the non appearance at the copeland and lack of comment by the club, it must be done.

Non appearance?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was done weeks ago. Our discussions with him were I believe purely to drive the price up. This is not about his ankle its about his attitude, it has sucked, he has caused a lot of friction and had to go for the good of the group.

Yes he can play but he was not going to play consistent good footy for us. Hard call but I support the club and believe it had to be done.

Some on here are being very harsh towards daisy. Don't forget that you will get pick 11 as well as the cap space he will leave. Which will allow to to draft a gun and hunt for a big FA next year.

Players come and go, we all know that.

But not all players play the games this prick has. He has tried to be a smart arse all year and succeeded in pissing off our supporters to the point were most are glad to see the back of him. Even last week he was at it with his 'egg on the face', 'get your jumpers out of the bin', comments.

If you plan to leave say nothing.

Well he is not going? What are the right words that are not past tense? I thought about that before I posted but couldn't think of right words.

Maybe you are the word smith amongst us. :)
Intent to boycott?

Well good players attract a good return in trade. It's surprisingly simple.

Seeing as you needed to get rid of wellingham and Dawes for cap reasons getting picks 17 and 19 (or whatever it was) was massive overs. There is no way they were worth that.

Grundy and Kennedy will be much much better players and I am still gobsmacked at how you got those deals done!

His best is better then Murphy's but will he get back to his 2010/2011 best is a big IF.

And neither are in the same league as Beams, the same galaxy as Pendles or the same universe of Swan

Seeing as you needed to get rid of wellingham and Dawes for cap reasons getting picks 17 and 19 (or whatever it was) was massive overs. There is no way they were worth that.
Who says we needed to get rid of them for salary cap reasons? One was under contract already, the other was offered a contract but decided not to stay. Subsequently, we, as any competent sporting club would, devised a contingency plan.

Your mealy-mouthed assessment of our premiership players is not welcome, nor does it hold up to scrutiny in light of the compensation provided by the recruiting managers of AFL clubs who actually know what they are talking about, given that they do it for a living.

I know that you said that you don't want a discussion about loyalty but that is what is burning me up.
We all expect loyalty from our players but our players don't get the same from the club unless the club deems it to be necessary. Chris Dawes had loyalty, (he signed an 'unders' contract in 2011 in an attempt to show the sort of loyalty that could keep a premiership group together) he's gone, Heater made some mistakes but his heart was always with us, his loyalty unquestionable, he's gone. The Shaw family is almost Collingwood royalty but now we have thrown aside our final tie to them.
Didak refused to be traded back to his home state because he wanted to be a 'Pie' and despite all of his foibles that desire never wavered, he's gone.
Everyone is expendable, we are a business now, with all the humanity and compassion of a corporate giant. What if the supporters took the same attitude, if we only expend our resources where there is a profit to be made or a return on investment that has a fiscal return greater than our investment, why would we pay for a membership ( as I have done, a full social club membership even though I live in Perth and can't afford to get to Melbourne to make use of my game ticket entitlements in the last couple of years. In fact all of the years that I have been a member I have never been able to make use of this on more than even 3 occasions in any year.). In Eddies eyes I must be a real mug, especially since I'll even renew it again for 2014. Don't think for a second that I am one of those people that has been anti Eddie, Bucks or anyone else at the club, I have until now been supportive and enthusiastic in my belief that our people are the right people. Such faith means that my disappointment and disillusionment is even more painful than that of the cynics we hear from so often.
I will always be a Pies supporter but some of the lustre has been removed.

First part you are correct about the corporate aspect & certainly the examples you gave our player loyalty.

Second are you Salty Malty?:p (first bolded)

Second bolded, haha, we do, we desert the ship at the drop of a hat, in comparable context, We are members when things like look like a premiership, the premiership is the investment.

Grundy and Kennedy will be much much better players and I am still gobsmacked at how you got those deals done!
Carlton supporter talking about salary caps. How ironic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back