News Dale Thomas: Going, going, **OFFICIALLY** gone! (Please, don't feed trolls)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scully did not leave under FA rules, nor did Ablett, Campbell, Rischitelli, Brennan or Ward IIRC. So don't muddy the waters by making your argument with them.
? I only mentioned Scully and I said in the same circumstences (i.e. FA) Melbourne would get pick 2 (being second last on the ladder). Nothing muddied.

You call 14 and 8 (H&A) losing? Add in the players missing (Thomas one of them) and I'd hardly call that losing. Go back and look at our injuries from 2010 and you won't find many, same as 2011 before the end of the year when they started happening and funnily enough, we lost form. People underestimate injuries far too much.
Never mind the fact that MM was supposed to be there still now, and part of his role would be to manage the players and guide Bucks in this role (what Eade was doing). But nah he didn't wanna do that, he was a premiership coach again finally and was above that crap.
For Melbourne it would have been an outstanding success. With the list we have, even taking injuries into account, our season was very poor. It was a failure of a season - a dismall failure in fact which culminated in a final that remined me of the 2003 GF. Poor leadup, poor selection, poor tactical response and poor post match by the coach.

The way the players competed and comments made publicly through the year were CLEAR evidence of internal issues and that is catagorically backed up by the post season. I don't see how any of that can be debatable other than if you are clouded by bias and loyalty. Fault and rectification are debatabe, the existance of significant internal issues are not.

2013 was an unmitgated failure for Collingwood and why the hell 80,000 members aren't angry as hell would have me confused if I didn't expect it based on our medicrity embrassing history over half a centurty. When we fail we simply redefine failure to exclude our results. That's why we fail so often.

2014 was an unmitgated failure for Collingwood and why the hell 80,000 members aren't angry as hell would have me confused if I didn't expect it based on our medicrity embrassing history over half a centurty. When we fail we simply redefine failure to exclude our results. That's why we fail so often.

:eek:

Don't like that crystal ball of yours :(

He won't turn up but if he does, I'd love for the players to show some passion for the club and tell him to F... OFF!

I'd like them to show some passion for the club and welcome (and farewell) him as a premiership player.

Let's try to be a bit balanced about this. No one is looking at the flip side of the coin - the club is clearly not paying him what he is worth on the market (despite having the opportunity to do exactly that and retain him). And the club is clearly not backing him to get over his injury.

This doesn't need to be a messy break-up. Thanks Dale, you were a major contributor in getting us a flag, you have unfortunately sustained a bad injury which means we are not able to take the risk on a long term contract, we understand this isn't what you want, and wish you the best in 20 games next year.

I'd like them to show some passion for the club and welcome (and farewell) him as a premiership player.

Let's try to be a bit balanced about this. No one is looking at the flip side of the coin - the club is clearly not paying him what he is worth on the market (despite having the opportunity to do exactly that and retain him). And the club is clearly not backing him to get over his injury.

This doesn't need to be a messy break-up. Thanks Dale, you were a major contributor in getting us a flag, you have unfortunately sustained a bad injury which means we are not able to take the risk on a long term contract, we understand this isn't what you want, and wish you the best in 20 games next year.

Yeah I hope they take it so well that next year instead of breaking out in an all in brawl after Grundy knocks him out in the opening minutes we instead take a picnic blanket and set up some butterflies in the centre circle.

Enough with the niceties he's a flog that held our club to ransom every contract he got, created division in the playing group plus undermined the new coach then pissed off to the arch enemy!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is pick 11 adequate compensation for Daisy or can we do better? It does not sit well with me that Carlton can take one of our senior players. I would lke to see Collingwood match the offer and force a trade. Put the ball back in their court and try and hurt them. Yarran off the HBF sounds alright.

#11 much better than Yarran!!!

The egg on people's faces if he announces he has signed with us at the Copeland tonight. No chance of happening but it would be hilarious.

Don't think it would matter tbh he is lost to a lot of fans after the way this has all gone down, playing silly games, wreaking every last cent he can from the club and threatening to walk, in consistent talks with Mick, acting like a petulant child under Buckley.

Hawks get pick 20 something for Franklin while in the same circumstance Melbourne would get pick to for scully.

Collingwood, a strong club, lost Thomas after last year picking up Lynch and Young.

The fact don't bear your theory out.

Free agency will be good for well run clubs and bad for poorly run clubs.

More so in the fact that the strong sides can top up with the weaker sides better players.

Good players, playing for lower clubs are leaving.

For Melbourne it would have been an outstanding success. With the list we have, even taking injuries into account, our season was very poor. It was a failure of a season - a dismall failure in fact which culminated in a final that remined me of the 2003 GF. Poor leadup, poor selection, poor tactical response and poor post match by the coach.

The way the players competed and comments made publicly through the year were CLEAR evidence of internal issues and that is catagorically backed up by the post season. I don't see how any of that can be debatable other than if you are clouded by bias and loyalty. Fault and rectification are debatabe, the existance of significant internal issues are not.

2013 was an unmitgated failure for Collingwood and why the hell 80,000 members aren't angry as hell would have me confused if I didn't expect it based on our medicrity embrassing history over half a centurty. When we fail we simply redefine failure to exclude our results. That's why we fail so often.

Great post MarkT2

He want's to hold the announcement over till next week to go to the Copeland?
Are we ******* serious!!!!!! no way should he be allowed to go! People talk about "If another company offered you more" and "In the real world, money money blah blah blah", well in my line of work and most, if you DEFECT to a competitor you do not get time to say goodbye.

We are marched out the door pretty much in an instant, no need to give notice, just get out!.

Instead this guy has the arrogance to use our facilities post season to get his ankle and fitness right, to get a head start for what is our biggest competitor? Get stuffed!

And NOW! NOW!!!! he wants to sit there, drink free piss, have a seared marlin and wasabi starter, poached Quail in sherry with juniper berry jus, entree, maybe a pistachio and herb crusted rack of lamb with sweated red cabbage and juelienne carrots finished with a bloody BLOOD ORANGE PANNA COTTA TOPPED WITH FRICKEN STRAWBERRY AND HONEY FOAM!!!! PISS OFF MATE, GO TO MACCA'S AND LET THE 'COLLINGWOOD BOYS' ENJOY THE NIGHT!!!!!!

Just on the whole FA thing, what I really don't understabnd is why Carlton don't offer a trade for Thomas. Let's say they offer us their second round pick. Then they get a pick after their first pick for losing Betts. We get a second round pick and they get a first round pick. If they do nothing they get nothing for Betts.

Surely SOMEONE could figure out a deal? Are both clubs that dumb?

Just on the whole FA thing, what I really don't understabnd is why Carlton don't offer a trade for Thomas. Let's say they offer us their second round pick. Then they get a pick after their first pick for losing Betts. We get a second round pick and they get a first round pick. If they do nothing they get nothing for Betts.

Why would we do that?

On the other hand being a flag contributor does not erase what has transpired since. Loyalty should not be a retrospective thing. If he is unwilling to buy in then his loyalty and commitment is in question. The club will not and should not match an inflated offer. I wouldn't be surprised if Malthouse has been in constant contact with some of his boys and passing comment on what is transpiring within the club. If he is willing to make public comment, imagine what he is saying in private to 'his boys'. It certainly wouldn't be "Stick with the club mate". The influence in impressionable people would be profound. If this was the case, I wouldn't be so quick to forgive just because he is coached a premiership 3 years ago.

Why the heck would we do that deal! and further more why the feck would you WANT them to do that?

Betts is only Band 2 - They would only get a pick after their 2nd round pick anyway.

Have you thought that through? We give up pick 11 so we can get Carltons 2nd round pick, and allow them an extra 1st rounder? I don't actually think we are that dumb. I don't think anything Carlton will offer us will be better than pick 11.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back