List Mgmt. Dan Houston requests trade - but will stay if deal cannot be done

Remove this Banner Ad

This is ultimate moneyball. We turned a rookie pick into 2 AA seasons, plus a number of solid years into potentially 2 first round draft picks
How about this for the Saints; Houston for Phillipou and change and picks for Solda to pay for Luko and some change.

I know Luko is not too popular with some, I still think he would be a much better player along side of Georgiades, super skilled as a second tall.
With carbon rod Dixon almost gone and Marshall with his concussion concerns, a forward set up with Mg, luko and Lord could be a potentially potent forward set up. If we could also somehow get Cossie Pickett I would be stoked.

Lachie Neale deal in 2018 should be a guide. Neale was 2 years younger but had never been AA at Freo (went back to back AA at Brisbane straight after the deal).

So more certainty for the new club that Houston is an elite player coming off dual AAs. Obviously Houston will never win a Brownlow but if there were a Brownlow for HBs he would already have one and would be odds on for a couple more.

Neale (and pick 30) went for 6 and 19.

Dan Houston has done this in a very respectful way.

Good on him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Give him a break ffs, he's said he's happy to stay if the club don't get what they need in the trade. I don't think Dan actually does wan't to leave but he's found himself in a situation where he's having to think about others - he's doing what he can to make everyone happy.
Dan has a new relationship with a female who happens to live in Melbourne.
Philosophicaly Port has asked for either; two late first rounders or one low + steak knives.

2 x first round picks, the moment you try to get players involved it dilutes the value because of the valuation of the other player.

Get 2 picks then you can use them as you please. A top 10 pick this year, take to the draft.

2 x first round picks, the moment you try to get players involved it dilutes the value because of the valuation of the other player.

Get 2 picks then you can use them as you please. A top 10 pick this year, take to the draft.
Bang on.

Even if one is used for Lukocious. Need two for him and then we can barter from there.

Bang on.

Even if one is used for Lukocious. Need two for him and then we can barter from there.
Think we should get the Luko deal done first before the Dan deal, don't show our hands with first round picks, give GC a F2 and may a sweetener and tell them we're helping them out with their salary cap

Can see a 3 way trade here between Pies, Suns and Port

Noble and F2 Port and lots of picks from Pies to Suns
Luko to Port
12 to Pies and they give up a plethora of picks to help match the Lombard bid

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Dan Houston requests trade - but will stay if deal cannot be done

Remove this Banner Ad

Back