List Mgmt. Dan Houston requests trade - but will stay if deal cannot be done

Remove this Banner Ad

lets say it’s Carlton or north,

hurts them a hell of a lot more than it does us this trade not happening.

Leave it till the last day, don’t accept under.

Unfortunately lately ports trading has been quite average, the Sinn pick trade on draft night, the Howard trade, the ratugolea trade come to my mind straight away

[emoji[emoji6][emoji6]]" data-quote="Ford Fairlane" data-source="post: 0" class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeBlock--expandable bbCodeBlock--quote js-expandWatch">
May as well say ][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji6]]]edgie is mates with Text because he's from the wasteland

Everyone here knows that edgie loves Tex…….

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

[emoji6][emoji6]" data-quote="Peninsula Boy" data-source="post: 0" class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeBlock--expandable bbCodeBlock--quote js-expandWatch">
Houston should seriously consider North Melbourne. They are an up and coming team and he will be their QB seagull until he retires.

Isn’t that what Sheezel already does?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Don't care what, if anything, we get for him. Just want the lying dog out of the club. Our club is full of good people and lying to Will and Penbo on the wireless makes Dan Houston a bad person.

I actually doubt any other team will want him after he lied to everyone.
I really hope you are just having a lend.

Don't care what, if anything, we get for him. Just want the lying dog out of the club. Our club is full of good people and lying to Will and Penbo on the wireless makes Dan Houston a bad person.

What a wierd and terrible take.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Carlton's position all along has been they won't trade 11. They will want to give us 12 and a future pick.
Sure, but this future pick needs to be a first round pick. Rumours are they are trading their F1 to get 12 so I have no idea how a deal gets done without that 11 being involved or another first rounder coming our way

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The amount of value placed on draft picks in the AFL is OTT.
Dan is a 2xAA that will probably play until 35, the guy is rarely injured and a proven gun.

People arguing that 2 x 1st round draft picks, which have the potential to be the next Toumpas & Bootsma is too much to pay.....righto.

Lying to Penberthy should be a minimum expectation for any of our players.

Dream scenario:
  • Houston to North for pick 2
  • Then assuming Richmond get 6 and 10 for Rioli and Baker: 2 + F1 for 6 + 10 + F2

Just not sure that given the quality of the first round in this draft whether Richmond, or any team really, would be willing to trade 2024 picks for 2025 picks.

Look North's pick next year is probably going to be top 5 again, however I wouldn't be willing to take that risk. They have to finally start playing better football soon. They have an enormous amount of top end first round draft picks, that surely will start to click soon.

Clarko is gonna need to do the sell of the century to get Dan to nominate them.
What's his history with indigenous players like?

Good luck with that for a player who will be 28 next year.
One 1st rounder & with something else is more realistic.
I think what'll end up happening is it'll be 2x1sts and we will send a 2nd rounder + maybe more change back. Port certainly wont let him leave for anything less than 2x1sts. They'll want to be able to sell that to the members. That doesn't mean it is a pure 2x1sts, it'll probably be 1 + an upgraded pick by switching a future 1st and future 2nd.

Dream scenario:
  • Houston to North for pick 2
  • Then assuming Richmond get 6 and 10 for Rioli and Baker: 2 + F1 for 6 + 10 + F2

Just not sure that given the quality of the first round in this draft whether Richmond, or any team really, would be willing to trade 2024 picks for 2025 picks.
Yeah dream scenario is North break 2 into a couple low picks somehow, and we get one of them. Not sure we need to do the heavy lifting as you're indicating there. Let North do the deal and then come to us.

Houston would be worth a pick around 5-7 on it's own. Then as you move up into the 8-10 you want some change however that is worked out, 10+ you want another first for sure.

Can't see him picking North though, he'll go to Carlton, and it'll be 12 + Future 1st.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Dan Houston requests trade - but will stay if deal cannot be done

Remove this Banner Ad

Back