List Mgmt. Dan Houston requests trade - but will stay if deal cannot be done

Remove this Banner Ad

The chance with NM handing over pick two is if, as they say, the draft for this year from 1-8 or so is that even that NM take a view they are only really trading one top eight pick for Houston. Then it makes sense for everyone. I can’t see us getting anything else if we get pick 2.

The fact you have already committed to Lukosius & potentially others like Perryman and not having any 1st round picks Houston will need to go to get some picks in, it just won't be two 1st rounders.
Not a problem second rounder for Solda should be enough for a salary dump trade (for Luko).

Most amicable trade exits in our history

1. Chad Wingard
2. Dan Houston
3. Jared Polec

Like I said previously, the crows can offer as big a contract as they want, but at the end of the day, you will have to play for ... the crows.

eat GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The fact you have already committed to Lukosius & potentially others like Perryman and not having any 1st round picks Houston will need to go to get some picks in, it just won't be two 1st rounders.
Carlton fan. What a surprise.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

The most respectful request for a trade I've heard for I don't know how long. He's promised someone that he'd try to get there, now it's on us to make best efforts to get a worthwhile deal. Hopefully it doesn't get too entangled with the Luko trade, like say the club offering the right set of picks turns out to be a Vic club Dan or any self respecting footballer might have err second thoughts about.

Not sure how many of the "but but he lied" posts are trolls (why??) or actually 'communication-challenged' individuals. Dan said he wasn't leaving and has explicitly said he 'still might not and that would also be ok'. Have a bit of nuance people FFS
He sort of has to be respectful after announcing on radio 23 days ago that he's not leaving.

I’m afraid we’ll have to take whatever we can get at this point. If we hold onto him he’ll just end up lying again. If we can twist Carlton’s arm for Docherty in a straight swap that would be good outcome. Like for like
He hasn't lied to us as a club. He's lied to Will and Penbo on 5aa which at the beginning of a finals series was the best thing he could to do. I think Dan has been really clever and as up front as he possibly could be without sharing all the intricate details of his personal situation right now. As someone who has travelled with a partner to six different countries each move has had to work for both parties and family. Dan can now say he tried to move to Melbourne for his partner and it either did or didn't work depending on how the trade period panned out. His partner can't say he didn't try. Port won't let him go if they can't get what they want. I think we've all been clear on that haven't we? We do not have to take whatever we can get he's signed to us for years - if he stays with us I imagine he and his partner will set themselves up here and do the best they can.

Carlton is attempting to secure Gold Coast’s No. 12 draft pick to make a play at Port Adelaide All Australian Dan Houston as the Blues and North Melbourne haggle over the departing star.

North Melbourne has offered up a trade that would include its future first-rounder, which in the past five seasons has either been the first or second selection.
Clubs asking about Houston have been told the Blues and Roos are the strong front-runners despite him examining his options in recent weeks.
Carlton wants to keep its No. 11 draft pick to secure a young talent in a bumper 2024 national draft crop so is attempting to secure another first-round pick.
The Blues would offer up a future first-rounder to Gold Coast for their No. 12 pick, and then would on-trade that selection to the Power for Houston.
Quite clearly the Power would prefer a Roos selection that will surely be in the top five draft selections even if North Melbourne makes some improvement next year.
Gold Coast might accept a future first-rounder for Jack Lukosius, who chose Port Adelaide as his club of choice on Tuesday.
So accepting another future first-rounder for their No. 12 pick is not ideal but the Suns have academy selections including potential No. 1 selection Zeke Uwland next year.
Houston will have to decide on his future club after meeting with a raft of teams that included Carlton, Collingwood and the Western Bulldogs in recent weeks.
The Blues are attempting to clear some cap space and list spots as Matt Kennedy and Lewis Young consider their futures, with Carlton open to them moving on despite contracts for next year.

Perryman is a free agent , not costing us picks and we’re not hard up on cap. Planned for him long before Dan even thought about going back.

We can do luko trade without trading Dan.

We have a future 1st, and we could easily get permission to trade it considering we’ve traded out our other firsts to get young players in, how many first round pick players we’ve gotten in lately , the age profile of our list and the fact we would be trading it for a young player.

Or we could get creative and use our future 1st and split it and use soldo and trade into picks to satisfy.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Dan Houston requests trade - but will stay if deal cannot be done

Remove this Banner Ad

Back