List Mgmt. Dan Houston requests trade to Victoria - will stay if deal can't be done

Remove this Banner Ad

Jon Ralph is literally the least trustworthy journo out there. Constantly copying others journalists hard work, when he does put work in and break a story it’s usually wrong

Unsure if trustworthy is the right choice but got to understand trade period is all about agents feeding fake news to force trades to happen.

It almost worked against us, we were apparently bullied into accepting the mega trade.

I reckon that's a bit unfair when he has always said he'd come back to Port Adelaide if the right deal wasn't done. ....
He was also adamant up until his exit meeting in September 2024 that he was not requesting a trade to Victoria for 2025.

Jon Ralph is literally the least trustworthy journo out there. Constantly copying others journalists hard work, when he does put work in and break a story it’s usually wrong
Jon Ralph is literally the most trustworthy journo out there when it comes to predicted suspension time being handed out to Port players by the AFL judiciary. Always add the Port tax in his predictions

We're going to cave in within the final hour tomorrow
If True that the board vetoed the last trade proposal the next one better be bloody good or davies and cripps risk having the board doing it again which could end their careers at our club and possibly any club in the future. I think no deal is done now and Dan stays another 12 months

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't blame Port for not being satisfied at the Port-GC-Coll 3 way deal.

I think GC is the one making things difficult because they have committed 6 and 23 to Richmond for Rioli.

If GC can convince Richmond to accept 6 and 29 for Rioli, which will allow pick 23 to be sent to Port, I think the deal gets done. Collingwood also has to give up Pick 36 or a future 2nd back to GC, as they haven't brought enough value to the deal.

Giving up a Future 1st, plus Noble plus Richards is not enough value for Dan Houston. Its close though.

If one of the other clubs adds something that shows demonstrable value for taking Ratkins then the deal will likely get done. Basically we would need another pick that we could add to what we have for an upgrade or the F1 comes off the table.

It's not ideal but seems to be where it's heading.

I don't blame Port for not being satisfied at the Port-GC-Coll 3 way deal.

I think GC is the one making things difficult because they have committed 6 and 23 to Richmond for Rioli.

If GC can convince Richmond to accept 6 and 29 for Rioli, which will allow pick 23 to be sent to Port, I think the deal gets done. Collingwood also has to give up Pick 36 or a future 2nd back to GC, as they haven't brought enough value to the deal.

Giving up a Future 1st, plus Noble plus Richards is not enough value for Dan Houston. It’s close though.
it’s not close.

Your F1 is 10-15. Richards is at best a pick in the 30s. Noble isn’t even coming to us and even if he was he’s another pick in the 30s.

Dan is a two time reigning AA with 3 years to run on a deal.

It ain’t in the ballpark, it ain’t the same league, it ain’t even the same ****in sport.

"Port Adelaide could easily finish bottom 6 next year" - Kane Cornes

good because that would mean ken goes, thanks for the good news Kane!

I get a lot of enjoyment out of this board, and a mental release by venting frustrations about the club, but I find the idea that we're influencing list management decisions fanciful to say the least. Just my uninformed opinion.
The fact that we have spent 8 years saying sack Hinkley and he's gonna be there in 2024 probably puts any alternative theory to bed.

If one of the other clubs adds something that shows demonstrable value for taking Ratkins then the deal will likely get done. Basically we would need another pick that we could add to what we have for an upgrade or the F1 comes off the table.

It's not ideal but seems to be where it's heading.

Oh yeah, like one of the other clubs demanding more from us for taking him instead? :p

IMHO Dan’s a better footballer than Rozee & only sits behind JHF & Butters when it comes to pure talent & class. Thank heavens the board shot the deal down, get him to the Roos & be done with it.
I don't even have him behind JHF and Butters. Maybe Butters has more tricks and JHF has more potential but the consistency of Houston has him right in their company.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Dan Houston requests trade to Victoria - will stay if deal can't be done

Remove this Banner Ad

Back