List Mgmt. Dan Houston requests trade to Victoria - will stay if deal can't be done

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You’re not interested in a superstar such as Matt Owies?

Wikipedia tells me he probably has a degree in Exercise & Sports Science from Deakin, so we’re also getting a future physio.
I was just reading that the problem with another club taking Owies is the money,
reported to be 700k-800k😂.
If he can get that much Dan must be worth 2 million a year.

Here we go this should make anyone laugh.
Carlton goalsneak Matthew Owies is struggling to find a club for 2025 due to his asking price, according to the Herald Sun.

Owies is reportedly hunting a pay packet in between $700,000 and $800,000 per season, a figure that the Blues and rival clubs have baulked at so far.

Carlton goalsneak Matthew Owies is struggling to find a club for 2025 due to his asking price, according to the Herald Sun.

Owies is reportedly hunting a pay packet in between $700,000 and $800,000 per season, a figure that the Blues and rival clubs have baulked at so far.

They'll have a case of the owies if they contract him on that amount.

The only danger I see is that, as the trade deadline approaches and the offer from his preferred destination looms larger, Houston's willingness to stay for at least another year may waver.

The thing is, he has no stated preferred destination. Now that can change but he also has 3 years of his contract left so if someone has turned his head it's up to them to complete the deal. It looks really bad if you don't, as other players will steer clear.

Even Nick Stevens buckled at the end of the Port-Collingwood stand-off but there wasn't time to do the deal with Melbourne.

Probably prefer he goes to Notth anyway. Seem to be less acting like we owe them something like the other 2.

Our recruiting people have a decent relationship with North's. All the JHF supporter brouhaha aside, we worked a very good trade with them and other clubs to pull off a massive four club mega-trade that nobody thought could work. And everyone did well out of.

The version I saw had the Pies sending GC their future first and Noble in exchange for 13, 23, and 29. I think GC is right to reject that deal. I think GC should also reject Noble for 13, and I think Collingwood should reject Noble and F1 for 13. What else Collingwood might have to tip in to extract one or both of 23 or 29 from GC would be largely irrelevant to us - the big thing would be making sure that we hand over one of those picks (rather than 13) for Lukosius. I don't think it would be impossible to work out a 3-way trade, in that case.
Saw two Gold Coast titbits; GC is prepared to hand over pick six for best-and-fairest winner Rioli as part of an exchange.

AND: The Suns could also look to involve pick 23 in a deal as the Suns prepare to send Jack Lukosius to Port Adelaide in exchange for the Power’s top selection next year.

I may be wrong but my take is, we trade next year’s F1 for Luko and pick 23 where presumably we pay all his contract.
It looks too good to be true but it sure is an enjoyable read. If so, it makes our trade hand for Dan a hell of a lot stronger.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Saw two Gold Coast titbits; GC is prepared to hand over pick six for best-and-fairest winner Rioli as part of an exchange.

AND: The Suns could also look to involve pick 23 in a deal as the Suns prepare to send Jack Lukosius to Port Adelaide in exchange for the Power’s top selection next year.

I may be wrong but my take is, we trade next year’s F1 for Luko and pick 23 where presumably we pay all his contract.
It looks too good to be true but it sure is an enjoyable read. If so, it makes our trade hand for Dan a hell of a lot stronger.

So our 2025 first for Luko and 2024 #23?

That keeps Collingwood out of the trade and makes the Houston trade harder for them.

So our 2025 first for Luko and 2024 #23?

That keeps Collingwood out of the trade and makes the Houston trade harder for them.
Then we could trade Houston, 23, 2025 2nd to North for pick 2. I'd be happy to throw in Wines as well as we will get a better mid with pick 2

Will be funny if he ends up on a VFL salary as a result.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Then we could trade Houston, 23, 2025 2nd to North for pick 2. I'd be happy to throw in Wines as well as we will get a better mid with pick 2

Why would you give up that much for pick 2? That's a straight swap for Houston. Then split 2 into a top 10 and teens pick and have 23.

Our recruiting people have a decent relationship with North's. All the JHF supporter brouhaha aside, we worked a very good trade with them and other clubs to pull off a massive four club mega-trade that nobody thought could work. And everyone did well out of.

This.

There is a bit of goodwill with North.

The other two clubs, not so much.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I was just reading that the problem with another club taking Owies is the money,
reported to be 700k-800k😂.
If he can get that much Dan must be worth 2 million a year.
Me thinks this money hungry douchebag might be going back to Carlton with cap in hand and tail between his stupid legs

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Dan Houston requests trade to Victoria - will stay if deal can't be done

Remove this Banner Ad

Back