List Mgmt. Dan Houston requests trade to Victoria - will stay if deal can't be done

Remove this Banner Ad

Latest news:

Collingwood Getting even more pathetic, Deal with North exclusively!!!

John Ralph 7 Minutes ago- The Advertiser
Collingwood is still the resounding favourite to secure Dan Houston despite believing the Power's current demand for the dual All Australian equates to a trio of late first-round picks.
The Pies are prepared to secure Gold Coast's no. 13 and 23 picks in a swap with their future first-round selection and departing defender John Noble.
But they are not prepared to hand over 13 and 23 to the Power, believing Sydney would then trade its picks 19 and 22 for the cherished No. 13 pick.
It would leave the Power with picks 19, 22 and 23 and Richards for Houston.

Latest news:

Collingwood Getting even more pathetic, Deal with North exclusively!!!

John Ralph 7 Minutes ago- The Advertiser
Collingwood is still the resounding favourite to secure Dan Houston despite believing the Power's current demand for the dual All Australian equates to a trio of late first-round picks.
The Pies are prepared to secure Gold Coast's no. 13 and 23 picks in a swap with their future first-round selection and departing defender John Noble.
But they are not prepared to hand over 13 and 23 to the Power, believing Sydney would then trade its picks 19 and 22 for the cherished No. 13 pick.
It would leave the Power with picks 19, 22 and 23 and Richards for Houston.
****ing hilarious

FYI Jack Crisp was just interviewed on 7 News Melbourne and spoke about Houston as if he's already over the line. Threw in a 'hopefully the deal gets done' at the end but was happy to talk about what Houston will (not could) bring to Collingwood.

Port should just tell Dan you have two choices: go to North or stay at Port. What’s the ‘downside’ for Port if he says no to North. A player who’s initially disgruntled but will eventually come around.

Geelong did that with Esava 2 years ago. He was still under contract but Geelong said no to our more than fair offer.

Collingwood’s current offer isn’t even fair.
And the Dogs stopped Dunkley from joining the Lions albeit, like Esave he left the Dogs a year latter.

Jordan Lewis says Ollie Lord getting chucked in could unlock the Houston trade.

Makes absolutely zero sense when their offer isn't good enough in the first place.

But we've already got Ollie Lord?

[emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji6]]" data-quote="port_adelaide_[emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]]" data-source="post: 0" class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeBlock--expandable bbCodeBlock--quote js-expandWatch">
[emoji[emoji6][emoji6]], and is the worst trade I’ve seen in here.

Yep, no flipping way

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

[emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji6]]" data-quote="port_adelaide_[emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]]" data-source="post: 0" class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeBlock--expandable bbCodeBlock--quote js-expandWatch">
Unless it’s with north

Houston and Lord for pick , I would do it

What are you smokn mate ?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

But we've already got Ollie Lord?
What arrogance!!!!!

The Pies have not even secure Gold Coast’s no. 13 and 23 picks from GC but are saying, if they do:

They are not prepared to hand over 13 and 23 to Port, believing Sydney would then trade its picks 19 and 22 for the cherished No. 13 pick. So, the Pies are only prepared to only hand over pick 13 and departing small forward Joe Richards, believing the Port Adelaide request is over the top even.

Trying to get my head around it, me thinkith the Pies are looking for a way to back out without loosng face as they know Port will reject their mickey mouse offer of only pick 13 for Dan or they think we will blink and accept their pathetic offer.

Hopefully, we walk away from the putrid Pies and trade for Luko separately, bring on North and the Saints.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd prefer a split of 2 and take their future first also.
I'd rather something like 12 and a future first than pick 2 alone
My thoughts exactly. Get them to swap 2 with freo 11 and 12 so they can offer that to Tigers and late picks. Then North offer 12 and future 1st for Houston. Port can then send a future 1st to Sun's for Luko if required and means port still have a 1st round this and next draft.

Genuinely doubtful he ever would've played an AFL game if Port didn't take the punt on him. He owes the club a lot and the club owes him nothing. Maybe there's more to the story but if the reported reason for leaving is the only reason then it's pretty disappointing. We'll do the trade to be nice guys but it's more than he deserves.
I remember him playing half forward for the Magpies when he first came over and he wasn’t great, to leave after 2 all Australian selections would be a real kick in the guts.

I reckon you guys are definitely in a strong position then
I think Carlton might still be Dans preference (this is a guess just cause he had a good relationship with Voss), but Carlton would have to be willing to throw in enough draft capital, which they have, but aren’t willing to use. Port will hold otherwise, and North might come into play, or Dan will stay for another year

My thoughts exactly. Get them to swap 2 with freo 11 and 12 so they can offer that to Tigers and late picks. Then North offer 12 and future 1st for Houston. Port can then send a future 1st to Sun's for Luko if required and means port still have a 1st round this and next draft.
We need to break up our Gold Coast Luko & Dan trade dependency where we should trade next year’s first for Luko + second rounder and then we let the Pies wither on their vine.

I am sure there are Dan deals that could be achieved with Clubs like the Saints & North.
Despite all the white noise around the JHF trade, the North and Port list management team get on very well together.

So, the Port team must convince Dan he owes it to Port to facilitate the best trade for Port.
Otherwise, he will be living in Adelaide next year

Lyon saying Port don't owe Houston anything and should just go for the best deal at NM.....thanks Gary, never thought of that.

Also lol at the Collingwood board frothing thinking they're getting Dan + Lord for a packet of chips....

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Dan Houston requests trade to Victoria - will stay if deal can't be done

Remove this Banner Ad

Back