List Mgmt. Dan Houston requests trade to Victoria - will stay if deal can't be done

Remove this Banner Ad

Now apply this thinking to Dan Houston

Be good to get Melbourne back into this discussion

“Melbourne were absolutely prepared (to pay two-first rounders), and I think they might still be, now that they’ve seen to have almost worked through (their recent ‘crisis) - I wouldn’t shut the door on Melbourne,” Edmund stated.

Couldn’t see us getting a future first along with pick 5… could be more like the 25 they would get for Neal bullen.

Talk was consistent they melb were prepared to pay the 2 1st rounders price.

Why would we backtrack now when there’s so much interest in him and if melb still want it to go through?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Talk was consistent they melb were prepared to pay the 2 1st rounders price.

Why would we backtrack now when there’s so much interest in him and if melb still want it to go through?
I think that when they discussed that their first was looking to be a bit higher than 5. If we could get it then brilliant, but I think it will be a struggle.

Just looking at Houston in isolation, ignoring what comparable players are being traded for, I'd take pick 5 and a second rounder or F2

Presumably he hasn't nominated a club since it doesn't look like Carlton can get it done.

I think there's a real chance we end up keeping him and talk again next year. Or Melbourne come back into the conversation.

I know people will say we are being hypocrites seeing as though we got JHF in contract but that was a contract that he had no choice in, was drafted to a club he never wanted to be at, and was a homesick 18 year old.

Houston has been here 8 years, played 167 games and signed a long term deal that still has 3 years to go. Has always said how much he loves the club and he is playing the best footy of his career as a dual AA of the last 2 years.

There has not been one legitimate reason given for him wanting to break that contract. It makes no sense. I would 100% be digging our heels in with this one. Why should we just let him leave for unders?

Dan will stay if we get unders. No problems.

Just looking at Houston in isolation, ignoring what comparable players are being traded for, I'd take pick 5 and a second rounder or F2

The last part of the deal needs to be a outcome we want.

Let's say a decent pick from North and Taylor Goad. There’s something we can talk about.

( North aren't trading Goad unless they think it's a good idea but we can talk about it.)

Where did our interest in Matt Owies come from?
Since we're in the market for a small forward, Carlton are using Owies essentially as steak knives in the deal. HELL NO to that.

Also Dan please pick North or Melbourne. Preferable Melbourne since they were wiling to put pick 5 and next years 1st rounder on the table and could put those picks on the table again. PLEASE I'M BEGGING YA.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Dan Houston requests trade to Victoria - will stay if deal can't be done

Remove this Banner Ad

Back