List Mgmt. Dan Houston requests trade to Victoria - will stay if deal can't be done

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I cannot believe this club. Why are we such cucks when it comes to our players. We were so hardline a few months ago that he would be going for nothing less than two good first rounders.

We’ve had Victorian clubs treat us like the arrogant tossers they are and refuse to even pay what he’s worth for a dude with THREE YEARS LEFT on his contract. FFS! grow some balls and tell him he’s staying unless any team can beat norths offer. Or tell him it’s north or NOTHING. Sick of this crap. We got screwed for ratugolea. F****ing Mitch McGovern went for pick 13! Insane.

Last edited:
Norf or stay is my preferred stance but I’d rather him go to Collingwood than Carlton. I think he could take Carlton to the next level, imagine him working across their half back and using his lovely long kick to break lines and hit their elite talls up forward. It’s a scary thought.

Collingwood I just don’t see contending again. They seem really old now and their forward line is still missing quality talls.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I don't understand why they aren't just doing that? He must have flat out said no to going there? How does a contracted player have this much sway.
Are we trying to help him more than us? ****en soft campaigners.

Let Collingwood and Carlton have time to see if they can do better than North.

If Houston is desperate enough to go back to Victoria, he'll agree to go to North.

We're playing this process right, as long as we don't accept less than what we initially asked for.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why would you trade him to make one of your competitors stronger? Both Colllingwood and Carlton will be around us on the ladder next year.

EIther trade him to North or no deal.

Why would you trade him to make one of your competitors stronger? Both Colllingwood and Carlton will be around us on the ladder next year.

EIther trade him to North or no deal.
No issues trading him to Carlton or Pies. But has to be only for 2 firsts. Idm throwing in a F3, 2 firsts and Richards for Houston and F3. But we need to get 2 firsts somehow. Mortgaged too many for Ken. Also if Houston is Pick 13 and sweeteners, Luko is a late 2nd at best but I'm to believe the Vic media thinks Luko is also a first rounder 😂

Every year.

Every year if you're leaving a Victorian club you're worth the world, if you're trying to get to a Victorian club you're not worth much at all.

The bias and outright bullying by the Victorian footy media shows how corrupt they are.

If Houston does go then we need something very good in return. For a dual AA, leadership player, consistently high B&F finisher and not to mention a guy that has multiple years left on a contract it's what we deserve.

And today I'm hearing a flaky, softish, GC player who may have been a high draft pick but isn't close to being worth that now, a 25yr old less than 10 game Collingwood guy that appears a little injury prone that hasn't done anything of note and a mid-late first round pick.

That's horrible for us.

You don't get value out of a heap of averageness.

At least 1 pick must be between 5-8 IMO. Without a pick in that range everything else is pointless and in a way, insulting.

If it's not really good for us, then Dan must stay. We shouldn't be entertaining talks to be nice, or liked, or whatever other metric Koch or Davies believes in, and you don't fix list management mistakes of the past by creating present or future ones trying to cover for those before.

Every year.

Every year if you're leaving a Victorian club you're worth the world, if you're trying to get to a Victorian club you're not worth much at all.

The bias and outright bullying by the Victorian footy media shows how corrupt they are.

If Houston does go then we need something very good in return. For a dual AA, leadership player, consistently high B&F finisher and not to mention a guy that has multiple years left on a contract it's what we deserve.

And today I'm hearing a flaky, softish, GC player who may have been a high draft pick but isn't close to being worth that now, a 25yr old less than 10 game Collingwood guy that appears a little injury prone that hasn't done anything of note and a mid-late first round pick.

That's horrible for us.

You don't get value out of a heap of averageness.

At least 1 pick must be between 5-8 IMO. Without a pick in that range everything else is pointless and in a way, insulting.

If it's not really good for us, then Dan must stay. We shouldn't be entertaining talks to be nice, or liked, or whatever other metric Koch or Davies believes in, and you don't fix list management mistakes of the past by creating present or future ones trying to cover for those before.
For years we have traded in too many average players and not enough blue chip players. We have a blue chip player who has 3 years left on his contract NO WAY am I letting him leave.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Dan Houston requests trade to Victoria - will stay if deal can't be done

Remove this Banner Ad

Back