List Mgmt. Dan Houston requests trade to Victoria - will stay if deal can't be done

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So how do we get Lukosius and retain the 13 pick? Assuming of course we get the 13.

We do not want a situation where Houston and Lukosius are virtually a straight swap.

If we somehow finish with Lukosius and Richards plus a second round pick but lose Houston it might be a passable trade.

Sooner or later we have to invest in the National Draft. We are forever trading for future picks which don't eventuate and then wonder why we have a SANFL side full of middle of the road players.

Cal Twomey the one talking sense here. Houston has to be open to any one of Carlton, Collingwood or North. North not counting themselves out at all, have a 5 year, $4million offer on the table and are willing to use a future first or split pick 2 to get the deal done.

He's the only one that ever seems to talk sense.

The annoying thing is Port are going to have to wait while Carlton fluff around because that is Dan's preference.

In fact that is probably his managers plan.

Fluff around til all the other clubs take up other options and use their capital so that Carlton is the only choice.

If that's the case then he should stay. Simple.

Give him a deadline to accept the best offer for us or he stays.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Houston is contracted. We have nothing to gain by taking an F1 now. If we're going to take a 2025 pick, keep him for a year and do it next year when we actually know what the pick will be.
My bad, I didn't mean just a F1, my thinking was more so instead of having our F1, I'd have theirs and give ours away to get 13 back in some form + other picks

The annoying thing is Port are going to have to wait while Carlton fluff around because that is Dan's preference.

In fact that is probably his managers plan.

Fluff around til all the other clubs take up other options and use their capital so that Carlton is the only choice.

If that's the case then he should stay. Simple.

Give him a deadline to accept the best offer for us or he stays.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

It's fine.

The longer it takes, the more desperate Houston might be to go to North.

Worst case is that he stays, the club is in the position of power here.

Someone on twitter tried to convince me that Daniel Rioli is a better player than Dan Houston

Dicktorians are delusional

Dear Carlton Football Club,

Thank you for your interest in Dan Houston, and for submitting your offer.

Get stuffed.

Yours sincerely,

The Port board on Bigfooty

Richmond wanting pick 6 and more for Daniel Rioli just baffles me, its flat out ridiculous.

Vic media think we are insane for asking for 2x firsts for dan

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Please trade him to us because we are Carlton. Here are some Aldi biscuits. They're like Tim Tams. You really couldn't tell the difference.

ALN1075_ALDITestersClub_QUOTES_MOBILE_1416x720__23.jpg

Just Divine sounds tasty, most probably made in Poland.

He's the only one that ever seems to talk sense.

Unlike all the Murdoch shock journos, he actually talks to the clubs and knows where things stand.

In what world is pick 12-13 the starting point - our club has been pretty weak on this. Certainly have made it sound like 12/13 and a reserves player is a fair price.

What statement has the club made that confirms this? Chris Davies said yesterday they're not commenting on media reports this early, it serves no purpose. Wait and see what time shakes out when it comes to offers.

Why are Collingwood suddenly "frontrunners"? Surely North can and would offer more than them or anyone else. Not sure why it seems North are not at the forefront of this.

Because they said they are.

Meanwhile in the real world

North Melbourne has also been strongly linked to Houston, who hasn’t nominated a preferred club yet.
Kangaroos list boss Brady Rawlings on Monday declared his club was “still in the hunt” for Houston
“We’ve met with Dan. It’ll come down to whoever has the best value for Port Adelaide. We think we’re still a chance,” he said.
Rawlings wouldn’t confirm reports the Kangaroos had offered the Power two first-round picks for Houston, saying: “I’m not sure there’s been an asking price. It’s whoever comes up with the best deal.”

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/af...s/news-story/c8c8a299bc460040b6e344959b0c1ef6

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Dan Houston requests trade to Victoria - will stay if deal can't be done

Remove this Banner Ad

Back