List Mgmt. Dan Houston requests trade to Victoria - will stay if deal can't be done

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why are Collingwood suddenly "frontrunners"? Surely North can and would offer more than them or anyone else. Not sure why it seems North are not at the forefront of this.
Probably because Richards requested a trade to us. If we bring him in we’re going to have to trade with Collingwood, so why not make it a bit more convenient? That’s probably the line of thinking I’m assuming they’re going with.

Probably because Richards requested a trade to us. If we bring him in we’re going to have to trade with Collingwood, so why not make it a bit more convenient? That’s probably the line of thinking I’m assuming they’re going with.
Sounds like the sort of lazy, half-arsed approach the current PAFC would pursue.

split pick 2 to get the deal
I have read North are contemplating splitting pick two into two picks.
It is the first I have heard one of the new picks could used in a trade for Dan.

Maybe thay could ask Richmond after the Tigers have received all their trade goodies; say, 6, 10, 11 etc.

If we somehow finish with Lukosius and Richards plus a second round pick but lose Houston it might be a passable trade.

I'm interested in the report that Collingwood is trying to extract picks 13 and 23 from GC as part of a John Noble trade, because I reckon pick 23 probably isn't too far off a fair price for Lukosius.

My immediate reaction to Houston for Pick 13, Lukosius, and Richards is that it's neither horrific unders nor a "start the car" type deal, so maybe it's not too far off?

If Carlton got pick 13 from GC, you might consider accepting pick 12 and 13 from them, but they’ve made it clear they wouldn’t offer that.
12 & 13 would be very, very close but the Blues have said their pick 12 will obe used in the Draft.
So who blinks first?
I'm interested in the report that Collingwood is trying to extract picks 13 and 23 from GC as part of a John Noble trade, because I reckon pick 23 probably isn't too far off a fair price for Lukosius.

My immediate reaction to Houston for Pick 13, Lukosius, and Richards is that it's neither horrific unders nor a "start the car" type deal, so maybe it's not too far off?
Gold Coast said no to picks 13 & 23 who replied with a pick 13 offer only.
Pies must return serve, perhaps replace 23 with a request for 29.
And the Pies still have their pick 36 on the table.

The annoying thing is Port are going to have to wait while Carlton fluff around because that is Dan's preference.

In fact that is probably his managers plan.

Fluff around til all the other clubs take up other options and use their capital so that Carlton is the only choice.

If that's the case then he should stay. Simple.

Give him a deadline to accept the best offer for us or he stays.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app
We are in an increasing price auction where the longer it takes the better the results will be for Port.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

12 & 13 would be very, very close but the Blues have said their pick 12 will obe used in the Draft.
So who blinks first?

Gold Coast said no to picks 13 & 23 who replied with a pick 13 offer only.
Pies must return serve, perhaps replace 23 with a request for 29.
And the Pies still have their pick 36 on the table.

The version I saw had the Pies sending GC their future first and Noble in exchange for 13, 23, and 29. I think GC is right to reject that deal. I think GC should also reject Noble for 13, and I think Collingwood should reject Noble and F1 for 13. What else Collingwood might have to tip in to extract one or both of 23 or 29 from GC would be largely irrelevant to us - the big thing would be making sure that we hand over one of those picks (rather than 13) for Lukosius. I don't think it would be impossible to work out a 3-way trade, in that case.

As I posted it is a pass mark for the loss of Dan Houston. I reckon Collingwood and the Gold Coast are going to be the key players in any deal. Carlton are not prepared to give enough and I don't blame Dan for not wanting to go to North.

I am happy enough to hang onto Dan Houston if a deal cannot be worked out.

Just ride this out til next Wednesday and see what the best offer is that lands on the table. There's no rush.

As Cal Twomey said, even if Carlton offer their first round pick, what else do they have? Nothing.

You’re not interested in a superstar such as Matt Owies?

Wikipedia tells me he probably has a degree in Exercise & Sports Science from Deakin, so we’re also getting a future physio.

You’re not interested in a superstar such as Matt Owies?

Wikipedia tells me he probably has a degree in Exercise & Sports Science from Deakin, so we’re also getting a future physio.

And only wants to be paid $800K a year.

Should look at new management ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Dan Houston requests trade to Victoria - will stay if deal can't be done

Remove this Banner Ad

Back