List Mgmt. Dan Houston requests trade to Victoria - will stay if deal can't be done

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Needs more misogyny Papa
Apparently there is a TV programme called Talking W. Where people, even those that refer to themselves as he/him, are televised talking about AFLW without uncontrollably laughing or questioning their own reason for living. I know, I was shocked too.

Chris Davies has been very clear that he’s not giving up Houston for less than what he’s worth. Effectively three clubs trying to come up with the best deal with Davies saying he’s in no rush - if they’re clever they’ll let it run down to the last day of the trade period. Dan not nominating a club was fantastic for us - not sure how you can fault the way this is playing out.
Dan hasn't nominated a club YET it can still happen and it's a manager's play if things get bogged down.

Forget fair value, this doesn't even make sense. They're telling Houston is good enough that Carlton would be willing to give up a future first, a future second, and Owies for him. But Port should be willing to accept pick 14 and Owies?

If this was a fair deal (which it isn't), why wouldn't Port just tell everyone else to get ****ed and take those picks and Owies for ourselves? Carlton are giving more to get Houston than we're getting. It makes no sense.

Dan hasn't nominated a club YET it can still happen and it's a manager's play if things get bogged down.
I don’t think there is any benefit for the manager to nominate a clubin this scenario, unless it’s a directive from Houston and he only wants to go there, but Houston would have to know he can get to that club (which means core part of the deal agreed upon), or he is also willing to wait 12 months in case it falls through

I know people will disagree but our trading and drafting team has been out only shinning light for a long while.
If you exclude the Soldo/Esava trade from last year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is say pick 13, F2, Luko and Joe Richards for Houston and a F1 really that bad?
Horrendous

Let's say you're giving up an F1 for Luko (which most on this forum don't want to do anyway)...

That means pick 13, F2 and Joe Schmoe = Dan Houston

If that was the case why not just give the F1 for Luko and keep Houston

I know people will disagree but our trading and drafting team has been out only shinning light for a long while.
Our drafting is good. Our trading is wildly overrated.

We're seemingly in the middle of effectively trading contracted dual AA Dan Houston out for less than we collectively paid or are paying for Jack Lukosius, Esava Ratugolea and Ivan Soldo, all three of whom weren't even best 22 locks at their previous clubs. That is absolutely awful list management.

Pies presumably turning an F1, John Noble (who?) and Joe Richards (even Collingwood supporters would say "who?") into a Dual AA player is incredible business.

But when you're dealing with the biggest overpayers in the league combined with the biggest undersellers it's hard not to make out like a bandit.

Is say pick 13, F2, Luko and Joe Richards for Houston and a F1 really that bad?
Yes.

One first rounder in, one first rounder out, so they cancel each other out. That leaves it as trading a contracted dual AA for a second round pick and two fringe players. It is awful.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Dan Houston requests trade to Victoria - will stay if deal can't be done

Remove this Banner Ad

Back