List Mgmt. Dan Houston requests trade to Victoria - will stay if deal can't be done

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I had a theory that had Port keeping their F1 but Port fans didn't like it.

Port get
Richards-Lukosius-Pick 13
Port Lose
Houston - F2

Pies get
Houston
Pies Lose
Richards - Noble - F1

GC get
Pies F1 - Noble - Port F2
GC Lose
Lukosius - Pick 13

Port want - Luko and Richards
Coll want Houston
GC want Noble

A three way trade between the clubs can work but only if all parties look through a positive lens.
Replace Port's F2 with Collingwood's F2 and you've got a fair trade there.

A contracted Houston for 13 + Luko + Richards is entirely fair if not unders. Port shouldn't be giving up one cent more than that to get that return.

A late F1 + two fringe players for a contracted Houston is an absolute bargain. If F1 and Noble doesn't get 13 and Lukosius by itself, then it's Collingwood who should be kicking more in to satisfy Gold Coast, not Port.

Deal with North, I know we love Dan but in coming years he is going to hurt us on field. Once he steps outside of Alberton he's the enemy.

Dan is the one that wants to break a contract and head to Malbun so he should go where it suits Port, he never nominated a particular club.

We have to stop looking at him as a Port player, unless he chooses to stay. We have to remember we are making our competitors stronger.

Deal with North, I know we love Dan but in coming years he is going to hurt us on field. Once he steps outside of Alberton he's the enemy.

Dan is the one that wants to break a contract and head to Malbun so he should go where it suits Port, he never nominated a particular club.

We have to stop looking at him as a Port player, unless he chooses to stay. We have to remember we are making our competitors stronger.
This. The only club we should be dealing with is North. Why we would even consider making Carlton or Collingwood stronger beggars belief.

I ****ing hate this club. We throw away future first rounders like candy and then desperately try to trade our way back in for a premium price the year after. It's a joke.
We've done it once last year while paying overs for Soldo, Esava and Sweet.

Our previous times trading out a future first have been used in bringing in Charlie Dixon, fed into the Todd Marshall & SPP picks, Georgiades and Jason Horne-Francis.

Yeah poorly spent first rounders there.

And we didn't desperately trade back in after any of those selections. Georgiades we even still picked up Lachie Jones ahead of the future pick we gave up for him.

Would have loved to do something like Houston and pick 39 for pick 5 and pick 12.

After the recent drafting of McCallum, Williams and Mead with picks between 20 and 40, I'm almost more confident in our ability to choose well in the third and fourth rounds than in the second round.

Port get
Port Lose
Houston - F2

Pies get
Houston
Pies Lose
Richards - Noble - F1

GC get
GC Lose
Lukosius - Pick 13

Coll want Houston
GC want Noble

A three way trade between the clubs can work but only if all parties look through a positive lens.
That’s a great deal for Collingwood. They should lose their current 2nd, instead of our F2 (should even be in there). And both Collingwood 75% and Gold Coast 25% would have to pay Lukos whole salary.

yeah i think i confused myself we need to get something more back for Luko not an F1 straight swap.. In isolation i don't think 13, F2 and Richards for Richards is as bad as everyone is saying.

And F1 for Luko plus a second rounder back, is it pick 23?
Well put it this way, given Dan has said he is willing to stay and we could probably still get another 3-4 seasons out of him if he does, would you want a 13th pick, a 2nd rounder and a Wylie Buzza-tier player, or your current back to back AA best kick in the AFL?

Its a very simple equation to me and doesn't become any less imple until you're talking about a top 5 pick or two first rounders with at least one being a top 10.

I ****ing hate this club. We throw away future first rounders like candy and then desperately try to trade our way back in for a premium price the year after. It's a joke.

Just a reminder that we would have a pick around 13 anyway if we hadn't done the stupid deals we did last trade period. So the actual sum total is:

OUT: Dan Houston, 1st round pick
IN: Jack Lukosius (talented but flaky), Ivan Soldo (spud, wants out), Esava Ratugolea (spud, we'd be better off if he wanted out), Joe Richards (who?), and maybe some picks in the 20's.

Luko is the only thing we're getting back across those deals worth getting out of bed for, and we're giving up a significantly better player AND a first round pick for the privilege.
Trading away the future = more excuses for Ken's failures

"We're a really young, developing side"
~Port Adelaide, 2013-2025

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Port get
Port Lose
Houston - F2

Pies get
Houston
Pies Lose
Richards - Noble - F1

GC get
GC Lose
Lukosius - Pick 13

Coll want Houston
GC want Noble

LOL

Port want Luko. We're open to taking Richards if he wants to come across. Would give up Richards in a heartbeat if it meant getting a better deal from another club.

Our previous times trading out a future first have been used in bringing in Charlie Dixon, fed into the Todd Marshall & SPP picks, Georgiades and Jason Horne-Francis.

And we didn't desperately trade back in after any of those selections. Georgiades we even still picked up Lachie Jones ahead of the future pick we gave up for him.

We picked up Sweet for pick 50. That was good business.

Sweet is a very good get for 50.

Then it comes down to what we get back for Soldo.

I get why port are dealing with the three clubs, 3 clubs competing for the one player might give us a better deal. But if these rumoured trade offers don’t improve I will lose all respect for port if they don’t say we are only dealing with North.

North or port Dan, sorry it’s about the club not you

Reason 4356 On why the AFL sucks.

Trade Week.

Malbun "Footy Industry Experts" talk shit for 10 days about virtually nothing, over rate Victorian Players, Under rate Non Vic Players, claim to be "in the Know", arbutrary opinions on what a player is worth, their "draft currency", Future Picks, Points blah blah blah blah

Cal Twomey is actually a thing.

Bigfooty Mum's basement types coming up with ridiculous trade scenarios acting like Russel Crowe in A Beautiful Mind.

Its a massive pile of shit.
This needs to be tweeted / facebooked to the world by someone with a decent social media following.

You've got to keep the Kangaroos on the bat phone at all times because if we deal Houston to them they would've beaten Carlton and Collingwood and basically won the trade period and gotten in a great AA player which they haven't been able to do for a long time IIRC.

They would be doing cartwheels so we could get a bit more out of them.

Carlton was always Houston's preferred destination and they have been very relaxed about getting Houston and giving the don't argue to their own 1st rounder but it wouldn't surprise me later in the week if they cave and find other stuff as well.

I get why port are dealing with the three clubs, 3 clubs competing for the one player might give us a better deal. But if these rumoured trade offers don’t improve I will lose all respect for port if they don’t say we are only dealing with North.

North or port Dan, sorry it’s about the club not you
We should just deal with whoever gives us the best deal or nobody at all. Why norf specifically over the others?

From memory the Soldo deal wasn't that bad was it?
We gave up a lot. we swapped 49 with Richmond's 50, and used 50 for Sweet.

Net trade was as follows as traded out F1 to Freo to get 23 that became 25 (used with Esava deal) and an Freo's F2 (used with Soldo deal)

F1 + F4 + #41 + #49 + #76 + #94 = Soldo + Sweet + Ratugolea

Effectively Soldo and Ratugolea cost us

F1 + F4 + #41 + #76 + #94 = Soldo + Ratugolea

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Dan Houston requests trade to Victoria - will stay if deal can't be done

Remove this Banner Ad

Back