List Mgmt. Dan Houston requests trade to Victoria - will stay if deal can't be done

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So you think Port would say no to 13, 23 and Richards?

Seriously, what are you expecting then?
Richards should not be even part of the conversation as he is out of contract.

So you think Port would say no to 13, 23 and Richards?

Seriously, what are you expecting then?

I don’t know what port will do, but our fans would be pretty annoyed.

And the ****ing arrogance to come here and act like we’re expecting too much.

Rioli is expected to fetch 6 and 23
Bolton 10 and 18
Barrass 15 and a 2nd rounder

Explain how port fans should be happy taking 13 23 and Richards ffs?

Again, I am curious to what you are expecting to get.
Again, two firsts, or a good top 10 pick. North could definitely facilitate the latter whether it’s pick 2 or splitting pick 2. Carlton could cough up their first and a future, but are reluctant to do so, so aren’t serious about getting Houston.

If Collingwood could facilitate 13, Lukosius and Richard for Houston (no F1) then that could work.

Ideally we would have dealt with NM. They would have split pick 2 into a couple of mid-range 1R picks between 9-13. We would have taken one of those and their future 1R next year for a consecutive 2x AA who is in our best three players and in the top 10 Champion Data rated players in the comp, not to mention contracted.

We would have got Richards in a separate exchange with you for a third round pick which is what his 9 game, 6 goal status at 25 years of age is worth.

We would get back a F2R pick for Soldo, for whom we paid more than that a year ago.

And finally, we would deal directly with Gold Coast giving them a F1R for Lukosius and getting pick 23 back.

None of these deals is objectively unreasonable although the Lukosius one is generous toward us.

We would lose Houston, Soldo, F1R, 3R, and get in

NM 1R, NM F1R, pick 23, StK F2R, Lukosius, Richards.

Richmond are getting two first rounders for a worse player than Houston but sure, we're 'setting ourselves up for disappointment' by wanting ****ing one.

Pick 13 for F1 is not an upgrade, it's sideways. You have us trading out a contracted dual AA and getting zero additional first rounders in return. None. I'll burn the ****ing club down if we do that.
I don't think you are giving luko enough credit here. I think he is a good pick up, and an important one considering it was Georgiades or bust at times this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We're talking about a reigning back to back AA

13, 23 and Richards is massive unders.
Reigning, back to back AA
Top 10 Player in the league (Champion Data)
Top 2 Kick in the league (Champion Data)
Contracted for 3 more years.

Middling first and a token second, I reckon. Or a spud with delusions of grandeur.

Not both, though.

Richards is effectively worthless at the trade table, he's a 4th round pick. Don't get me wrong, i'm happy enough to add some small forward depth, but he's a 25yo who has kicked 6 goals in 9 games.

For Houston, a mid first rounder, a 2nd rounder and a late pick is unders, especially given Houston has 3 years on his contract and the value at which other, lesser players are being traded this year.

If you're only offering 1 first round pick as part of your package, it would need to be in the single digits. I've regularly said that my standard would be 2 picks that add up to less than 30.

Given he's stated that he'll stay if we don't get a deal done, we have no reason to take unders for him.

Richards is effectively worthless at the trade table, he's a 4th round pick. Don't get me wrong, i'm happy enough to add some small forward depth, but he's a 25yo who has kicked 6 goals in 9 games.

For Houston, a mid first rounder, a 2nd rounder and a late pick is unders, especially given Houston has 3 years on his contract and the value at which other, lesser players are being traded this year.

If you're only offering 1 first round pick as part of your package, it would need to be in the single digits. I've regularly said that my standard would be 2 picks that add up to less than 30.

Given he's stated that he'll stay if we don't get a deal done, we have no reason to take unders for him.
For Collingwood lurkers this ^ is precisely how it should play out

You’ve got to make the running here, Davies has said he doesn’t want a fair deal he wants a “good” deal

If Daniel Farking Rioli is going for 6 and another top 30 pick Houston’s value can’t be less than that

Why you might ask well because Dan hasn’t declared you to be the leaders and North will offer that otherwise he stays and honestly that isn’t a bad situation for us

Abso****inglutely.

As has been several times, 13, Luko and Richards. Which Collingwood could easily get while still getting a good deal for Houston.

I even think 13, Luko and Richards is slight unders for us and i'd be a little bit disappointed with that deal. Is Luko worth a pick in the mid teens?

I even think 13, Luko and Richards is slight unders for us and i'd be a little bit disappointed with that deal. Is Luko worth a pick in the mid teens?
13, Luko and Richards is like a 51% scraped in pass. It's the absolute minimum we should even consider accepting. Any less than that is a massive fail.

FYI History of similar trades: (https://www.draftguru.com.au/trades)

^This is precisely correct.

What's interesting to me is that Dan is contracted for 3 more years, he has flagged he is happy to stay, and he's effectively created a bidding war as he'll accept any pathway to Victoria.

It's literally the perfect scenario for a maximum return for Port. To think the fans will accept a limp wristed cave in on a shit deal is just nuts.

This is a literal test case for what the perfect position for Port to be in is.

For Collingwood to do the deal, I'd expect 13, Future 1st and Richards minimum , but they aren't allowed to trade their future first? I'd even be happy to throw back a future 3rd.

What's interesting to me is that Dan is contracted for 3 more years, he has flagged he is happy to stay, and he's effectively created a bidding war as he'll accept any pathway to Victoria.

It's literally the perfect scenario for a maximum return for Port. To think the fans will accept a limp wristed cave in on a shit deal is just nuts.

For Collingwood to do the deal, I'd expect 13, Future 1st and Richards minimum , but they aren't allowed to trade their future first? I'd even be happy to throw back a future 3rd.
They don’t have a future first… that’s how they are getting 13. Which is why I can’t see how they get a deal done unless we give in for unders.

They need their future 1st to acquire that pick 13.

Long way to go, this will be your normal last day trade as all Port deals tend to roll.
I wouldn’t be getting over excited about anything yet.
This won’t even start to get lukewarm until Monday.
Sit back and enjoy the show.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Dan Houston requests trade to Victoria - will stay if deal can't be done

Remove this Banner Ad

Back