List Mgmt. Dan Houston requests trade to Victoria - will stay if deal can't be done

Remove this Banner Ad

Latest news:

Collingwood Getting even more pathetic, Deal with North exclusively!!!

John Ralph 7 Minutes ago- The Advertiser
Collingwood is still the resounding favourite to secure Dan Houston despite believing the Power's current demand for the dual All Australian equates to a trio of late first-round picks.
The Pies are prepared to secure Gold Coast's no. 13 and 23 picks in a swap with their future first-round selection and departing defender John Noble.
But they are not prepared to hand over 13 and 23 to the Power, believing Sydney would then trade its picks 19 and 22 for the cherished No. 13 pick.
It would leave the Power with picks 19, 22 and 23 and Richards for Houston.

Why is everyone so outraged already. We haven’t even lodged a single trade deal yet and everyone is losing their shit.

Seems like we are holding our ground so far, and not interested in the sub par offers.

We hold the upper hand, we can absolutely keep him, I’m still doubtful we will but it seems like it’s a genuine option.

I guess Houston will eventually leave whether it is this year, next year or the year after, so we need to consider whether this year is the best time to do it. And if Houston is really desperate to go, come on down north.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Why is everyone so outraged already. We haven’t even lodged a single trade deal yet and everyone is losing their shit.

Seems like we are holding our ground so far, and not interested in the sub par offers.

We hold the upper hand, we can absolutely keep him, I’m still doubtful we will but it seems like it’s a genuine option.

I guess Houston will eventually leave whether it is this year, next year or the year after, so we need to consider whether this year is the best time to do it. And if Houston is really desperate to go, come on down north.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Simon Cowell Wow GIF by America's Got Talent

We won't take 13 and Richards but we'll take something that isn't much better than that and it'll be justified on points value or a deep draft or some other crap like that. Be prepared to be disappointed.
Yea I'm not sure how it will pan out but I can see us splitting the highest pick we get it's just something we'd do unfortunately, wanting three picks inside 30 probably says along with rating this draft they have big concerns over the list.

We won't take 13 and Richards but we'll take something that isn't much better than that and it'll be justified on points value or a deep draft or some other crap like that. Be prepared to be disappointed.
PA Get: Jack Lukosius, Joe Richards, Pick 13, Pick 23
PA Give: Dan Houston, First Round 2025

This would be my guess in what happens for Port. 13 just has to be there, otherwise you won’t accept it. Gives you options to move on 13 and or 23 if needed

PA Get: Jack Lukosius, Joe Richards, Pick 13, Pick 23
PA Give: Dan Houston, First Round 2025

This would be my guess in what happens for Port. 13 just has to be there, otherwise you won’t accept it. Gives you options to move on 13 and or 23 if needed
1 more pick coming back to us for the future first we give you for lukosious and that’s about it I think.

Latest news:

Collingwood is still the resounding favourite to secure Dan Houston despite believing the Power's current demand for the dual All Australian equates to a trio of late first-round picks.
The Pies are prepared to secure Gold Coast's no. 13 and 23 picks in a swap with their future first-round selection and departing defender John Noble.
But they are not prepared to hand over 13 and 23 to the Power, believing Sydney would then trade its picks 19 and 22 for the cherished No. 13 pick.
So John Noble is in effect worth 2 first round picks…?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I put this concept to someone at Port yesterday, and they snapped saying that the value of their future 1st is significantly less than a pick in the teens in this draft.

They believe that the quality of this draft is much, much better than next year, which is why they're likely going to give up a future 1 to get this deal done in the next week.

I personally don't agree with it, but that's the rationale of thinking down there.
This stuff gets said every year by every club to justify their stupid trades at the time. Remember when we cheaply gave away our future first last year for two players one of which is going back and the other should be in SANFL?

People will come to realise this time next year that the top end (I'm talking top 10 picks) will be just as good if not better than this year. The depth though won't be there. I'd be spewing if we gave up our future first again cheaply. We could package it up with F1 2026 and have a crack at Dyson Sharp.

Haven’t seen it mentioned previously, but Lachie Weller and pick 41 got pick 2 out of Gold Coast. Pretty sure he was a running half back at that time….

Wasn't that at a time when they were losing players in droves and getting overly generous 'assistance' from the AFL? Weller was someone who actually wanted to go there, so they could afford to splash out. From memory it happened right on the deadline of that trade period and the SUNS list manager suffered a nervous breakdown (are we allowed to say that any more?). The Bowes thing a few years later made that pale into a mere raised eyebrow though.

Latest news:

Btw the funniest thing about this is that this argument essentially says that Noble = Houston

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Dan Houston requests trade to Victoria - will stay if deal can't be done

Remove this Banner Ad

Back