List Mgmt. Dan Houston requests trade to Victoria - will stay if deal can't be done

Remove this Banner Ad

13, 23 and no value whatsoever Richard’s is unders for Houston. How on earth we created a desperate situation for ourselves by letting other teams know we are desperate to get into the first round this year and that being used against us is ……. Interview?

Anyway, if we do the above deal, I will be critically disappointed.

I would prefer to keep Houston.

Edit: and even north Melbourne are sitting on the side waiting to see how low we are negotiated to so as to offer a bit above, so the we can get into this years first draft.

Standing our ground would be sticking to ‘two first rounders’.

We are taking a late first, early second and a reserves player.
While I agree, I would accept 13, 23 and Richards for Houston if we also get 29 from GC (with Lukosius) in exchange for F1R, and a F2R from St Kilda for Soldo. Otherwise it’s a no.

Multiple clubs clamouring for the services of a multiple AA in his prime, 3 years left on his contract, and him saying he's happy to stay if a deal can't be done.

Watch us get bent over while using all the cards we're holding as a fan to cool the friction burns from the 'no lube' rogering we're about to receive.

Multiple clubs clamouring for the services of a multiple AA in his prime, 3 years left on his contract, and him saying he's happy to stay if a deal can't be done.

Watch us get bent over while using all the cards we're holding as a fan to cool the friction burns from the 'no lube' rogering we're about to receive.
That last paragraph is a doozy 😂

There's a lot of dead air that gets filled with garbage about now.

When Port are going well nobody has any idea what's going on.

We've had a week of garbage reporting.

I'm surprised people are getting so worked up about media reports that are so obviously coming from Collingwood.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes, true. You can throw in Mitch Duncan and Jack Gunston as well.

Although I acknowledge it's easy to pick the eyes out of a draft retrospectively. But many posters here were crying out for us to at least pick 2 KPPs and Talia was mentioned multiple times.

To draft 2 flankers who were both reaches at their picks was negligent.

Yeah. Butcher and Talia were the no-brainers.

Moore as the bolter was at least understandable given his U18 championships (took Gary Rohan to the cleaners and was #1 for contested marks playing CHF), also tested through the roof at the combine.

Pittard, despite looking like a cross between Olive Oyl and Liam Neeson’s kid in Love, Actually wowed Choco in the interview.

Moore as the bolter was at least understandable given his U18 championships (took Gary Rohan to the cleaners and was #1 for contested marks playing CHF), also tested through the roof at the combine.

Pittard, despite looking like a cross between Olive Oyl and Liam Neeson’s kid in Love, Actually wowed Choco in the interview.

I think Buddha Hocking was a big fan of the Geelong Falcons product too.

And yet Pittard ended up having by far and away the best career, go figure.

The offer we want is what nearly everyone considers unders though.

It’s a pseudo ‘standing out ground until we get what we want’ to sell a pretty poor offer as a win.

We went from ‘absolutely 2 first rounders minimum’ to trying to get ‘13 + 23’. I excluded Richards as he has 0 trade value.

Both of those picks move out with academy players to something like 15 + 27.

Long way back from 2 first rounders or even a certain future 1st or potential split of pick 2 coming from North.

Standing our ground would be saying North if you want to get back to Victoria. Win win win for all 3 parties. Or stay if it’s ’I want to get back to Victoria….but only to a massive club, contending for a premiership and offering pittance to my current club’.
The offer we want is unders? What do you think our wants are, because the club hasn’t come out at all and stated exactly what we are after. You are basing us on wanting unders on the vic media reporting.

The offer we want is unders? What do you think our wants are, because the club hasn’t come out at all and stated exactly what we are after. You are basing us on wanting unders on the vic media reporting.

We want the outcome North can offer.

Anything less is unders.

It's up to Collingwood to match the market value of Houston. The market value is Norths offer.

Lol ffs,

If all we’re asking for is 13,23 and Richards of course we’re going to get screwed,

That’s already unders

I was told this morning that the asking price reported by Ralph is incorrect. Wasn't given the actual asking price though as this individual said it was a fluid situation and top many balls were in the air regarding the picks.

Which gives us an opportunity to take less if its all Collingwood are offering.

They won't be taking less.
They've made it clear to Houston's management that they're willing to do a deal on the proviso they get their asking price. The onus has been on his management to broker the deal. And to date, little progress has been made.

I suspect a deal will get done eventually, but there's a lot to play out yet.

They won't be taking less.
They've made it clear to Houston's management that they're willing to do a deal on the proviso they get their asking price. The onus has been on his management to broker the deal. And to date, little progress has been made.

I suspect a deal will get done eventually, but there's a lot to play out yet.
I really hope so

If Houston stays, I’m really looking forward to all the Collingwood and Carlton fans justify why it’s the best thing for their clubs.

Houston would improve any team in the league.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Dan Houston requests trade to Victoria - will stay if deal can't be done

Remove this Banner Ad

Back