List Mgmt. Dan Houston requests trade to Victoria - will stay if deal can't be done

Remove this Banner Ad

I was told this morning that the asking price reported by Ralph is incorrect. Wasn't given the actual asking price though as this individual said it was a fluid situation and top many balls were in the air regarding the picks.

Davies has said from the outset there's no asking price, they're waiting to see what offers are coming in, let them top each other's bids. It's basically an auction and if we have to, we'll throw in a vendor bid.

Which gives us an opportunity to take less if its all Collingwood are offering.

Why would we do that? We're under no obligation to release him from the remaining 3 years of his contract.

Because it feels like it’s what we have historically done.

Tell me when we've let a top 5 player on our list who we have openly stated is a required player go from the remaining three years of a contract.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

God I hope we end up trading him to North.

I have my North Melbourne dung beetle strategy coming into play to win this battle as Collingwood and Carlton try to win Dan's services ;)

In a tunnel beneath a freshly deposited cowpat, two male Onthophagus dung beetles lock their elaborate horns for the right to mate with a female in a nearby nest chamber. But the winner of their physical contest is not assured of exclusive mating privileges.

In a side chamber lurks a third contender – a female look-alike, lacking the elaborate horns of his rivals. His strategy is very different: wait until they are strenuously engaged, then sneak in and mate with the receptive female.

https://www.labonline.com.au/conten...etles-and-the-sneaky-f-er-strategy-1020311004

Ordinarily yes, but this time I feel like Collingwood and Carlton are so ridiculous maybe not.

When push comes to shove they'll swap their future second for our future third or something to get the deal over the line. They'll get their man and we'll claim that we got the points value of pick 5 and that this draft is so deep and pick 13 is a great pick, etc.

Tell me when we've let a top 5 player on our list who we have openly stated is a required player go from the remaining three years of a contract.
Wingard is the only top 5 player we have traded out apart from Burgoyne. And I think we rolled over for less than he was worth there. Other than that we have traded out many players for a lot less than we were initially asking or thought that they were worth on here.

I am going to throw this here first to gauge the amount of criticism I may get if I post this on X but:

View attachment 2138730

Who loses in this deal?

In my view:
Richmond get fair compensation, 2 first rounders for Rioli is slightly overs but close enough

Pies can view it as getting 39 for Richards which is overs but they pay Noble, 36 and F1 for Houston which is close

Suns they can see it as F1 for Luko (slightly overs imo), Rioli for 6, Noble + 36 for 13 (which values Noble at pick 27 which maybe overs as well but offsets with Luko)

Port, I think we could actually even use pick 6 on a Tauru or use it to split say for Carlton's 12 and 14, or Essendon giving us 9 and a future first.

The biggest question is, are Richmond willing to give up their dream of pick 6 and make it 13 + F1

Would be more this..

Port - Lukosius, Richards, 13, 39
Sun's - Noble, rioli, Port f1 & pies f1
Pies - Houston, 51, throw in ports future 4th
Tigers - pick 6 & 36

Tigers want picks and your deal they get a bad deal overall

Sun's want future draft

Pies, that's all they deserve

Have you guys noticed?

This has become a thread full of Port fans fantasising amongst yourselves.

No Carlton, North or Collingwood engaged posters;

1. Carlton want to invest in this draft,
2. Collingwood can’t even land 13,
3. Houston not interested in North.

Looks like he’s staying in SA peeps.

Last edited:
Gold Coast wants a future first rounder
North wants Houston, North willing to trade future first rounder
Port wants first round picks this year.

Isn't this the most obvious and simplest path?

So, Port get Sun's pick 13 and Lukosius, north give future 1st and future 2nd to Sun's whilst also receiving Sun's pick 23 and Houston.

I'd suggest then that North split pick 2 to essendon for their pick 9 and future 1st so they then have a future.

Have you guys noticed?

This has become a thread full of Port fans fantasising amongst yourselves.

No Carlton, North or Collingwood engaged posters;

1. Carlton want to invest in this draft,
2. Collingwood can’t even land 13,
3. Houston not interested in Port.

Looks like he’s staying in SA peeps.

Cool story 👍

BTW, Houston has NEVER stated he isn't interested in Port and is quite happy to stay with the club.

But you're a Carlton supporter. Low IQ who probably cried like a baby when they lost to Saints then cheered for Port after they got you a 2nd chance In finals.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Dan Houston requests trade to Victoria - will stay if deal can't be done

Remove this Banner Ad

Back