List Mgmt. Dan Houston requests trade to Victoria - will stay if deal can't be done

Remove this Banner Ad

If Dan turns out accepting a move to North, doesn't that say something about him as a footballer, we should be glad to see the back of him. You want players hungry for success.

Is it Collingwood not coming to the party or just that they don’t have anywhere near the capital?

They have a future first which you wouldn’t bet on being an early pick and John Nobel who, media doing Collingwood’s bidding aside, is worth a 3rd round pick.

Well their offer is 13 and Richards and they really don't want to budge off that.

The reality is that if that was an offer Port was close to accepting, Carlton would still be in the race with pick 12. And they might bob up late if they offer 12 and 14, but I'm hearing that the list management team at Carlton want to go to the draft and that the only real Carlton heavy hitter trying to get Houston is Vossy.

If Dan turns out accepting a move to North, doesn't that say something about him as a footballer, we should be glad to see the back of him. You want players hungry for success.

Depends how desperate he is to get back to Melbourne. And the move itself would be a good one for North imo. Could free up Sheezel to play midfield minutes, or you have 2 elite half backs to build your transition offence around.

Last edited:

Wingard was unders. Burgoyne was a fine deal and if we got a similar one for Houston I think everyone would be happy.
Wingard looks like unders because of how Burton and X have ended up but at the time it was very reasonable. I remember at the time there were Hawks fans that didnt even want a direct Burton-Chad trade to happen.

Well their offer is 13 and Richards and they really don't want to budge off that.

The reality is that if that was an offer Port was close to accepting, Carlton would still be in the race with pick 12. And they might bob up late if they offer 12 and 14, but I'm hearing that the list management team at Carlton want to go to the draft and that the only real concern heavy hitter trying to get Houston is Vossy.

Unleash Crazy Vossy!

No it doesn't just says who will be wearing the pants in Dan's household in the years to come and it's definately not Dan. I think Dan ends up at north and we will do quite well out of the deal.

I think it would say more about him if he wanted to go back to Melbourne, but only if it is to a big club.

Wingard looks like unders because of how Burton and X have ended up but at the time it was very reasonable. I remember at the time there were Hawks fans that didnt even want a direct Burton-Chad trade to happen.
Maybe, but for a player of chads quality and age at the time there should absolutely have been a top 10 pick involved.

As there should be with Houston.

Have you guys noticed?

This has become a thread full of Port fans fantasising amongst yourselves.

No Carlton, North or Collingwood engaged posters;

1. Carlton want to invest in this draft,
2. Collingwood can’t even land 13,
3. Houston not interested in North.

Looks like he’s staying in SA peeps.

Have you noticed that you’re one of the only posters from Carlton that engages on our Port board.

1. Pay up our asking price and Dan all yours to any club willing to pay the asking price for him.

2. Justin Leppitsch is a moron who thinks that this is a video game, and he can get any top player he wants for any crap picks he gives cos their Collingwood, and they think that they are entitled to any player that they want. Just like Carlton.

3. Great if Dan stays, it’s up to Crippa and Co that get paid to put us as a club in the best position possible. If we want to get back in the draft and still have Dan, it's up to them to create different avenues to get back into the draft.

Big call. I actually think Noth are shaping up nicely and a player like Houston will be invaluable to them. I’d suggest North will be a massive improver next year. Perhaps Dan would see the potential in North?

Big call. I actually think Noth are shaping up nicely and a player like Houston will be invaluable to them. I’d suggest North will be a massive improver next year. Perhaps Dan would see the potential in North?

I wouldn't be taking an F1 from them unless I knew I could onsell it for value picks.

I could see them trading their F1 for 13 and splitting 2 into two first rounders and giving us 13 and one of the split picks.

They get Houston and they immediately stop dropping those games that look in the bag at three quarter time. And they still have a first round pick.

Have you guys noticed?

We don’t give a **** what Carlton want this isn’t a Carlton board.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon one more season before they improve rapidly. When the young guns all start to all get over 50 games experience look out.

I wouldn't be shocked to see a trade with NM eventuate. A fair bit of goodwill was generated during the JHF trade (just not on BF)

I wouldn't be taking an F1 from them unless I knew I could onsell it for value picks.

I could see them trading their F1 for 13 and splitting 2 into two first rounders and giving us 13 and one of the split picks.

They get Houston and they immediately stop dropping those games that look in the bag at three quarter time. And they still have a first round pick.

I'm not so sure North's future 1 would be part of the package. Definitely possible because when discussing these trades every possible scenario is thrown up, but last I checked North were interested in trading back from 2 and get two first rounders in the process, and at least one of those would go to Port in the Houston deal (and possibly the future 1 as well but I'm not sure about that).

Surely we can’t be still thinking the wingard trade was a poor one for us?

I reckon the Burgoyne deal was poor though, he was arguably our best player and hawthorn got him for a steal considering the service he gave them through their dynasty years.

And we picked up 3 spuds in that 2009 draft in the first round.

Wingards career kept going on a downward trajectory and now he is retired. And his trade helped unlock other deals that allowed us to really sink our teeth into a draft where we picked up 2 generational players.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I'm not so sure North's future 1 would be part of the package. Definitely possible because when discussing these trades every possible scenario is thrown up, but last I checked North were interested in trading back from 2 and get two first rounders in the process, and at least one of those would go to Port in the Houston deal (and possibly the future 1 as well but I'm not sure about that).

I think Richmond could still play a role. Not that Dan will go there but when they get their fistful of first round picks, North could deal with them to split 2.

Have you guys noticed?

Nah he's gone. He's happy to go to North if Collingwood Carlton don't get the deal done.

Dan has never said he's not interested in North. 900k a year vs his current Port deal?

It's just where he ends up.

Have you noticed that you’re one of the only posters from Carlton that engages on our Port board.

1. Pay up our asking price and Dan all yours to any club willing to pay the asking price for him.

2. Justin Leppitsch is a moron who thinks that this is a video game, and he can get any top player he wants for any crap picks he gives cos their Collingwood, and they think that they are entitled to any player that they want. Just like Carlton.

3. Great if Dan stays, it’s up to Crippa and Co that get paid to put us as a club in the best position possible. If we want to get back in the draft and still have Dan, it's up to them to create different avenues to get back into the draft.
That’s fair enough.

Turning thick skulled footballers into List Managers never bodes well.

Our LM’s very laid back & has made our position clear - as has yours.

I hope he stays with PA - anything but Oldiewood!

If Perrymen is getting 850k as reported. Surely Hosuton is worth over 1m? North are probably struggling to get to the 95% cap anyway.

Not sure than north are any less guaranteed of success than we are?

They’ve got a better coach, high draft picks our the wazoo and for the first time they’ve nailed some of those high draft picks. The most improved ruck in the league (yes even more than sweet) a blue chip kf.

Arguably their biggest weaknesses are key defenders and good ball users coming off the back half and if they bring in Dan how much better do they look.

As I’ve said before

There’s probably not as much between a Hinkley port minus Houston and a Clarkson north with Houston as what people seem to believe.

Not sure than north are any less guaranteed of success than we are?

They’ve got a better coach, high draft picks our the wazoo and for the first time they’ve nailed some of those high draft picks. The most improved ruck in the league (yes even more than sweet) a blue chip kf.

Arguably their biggest weaknesses are key defenders and good ball users coming off the back half and if they bring in Dan how much better do they look.

As I’ve said before

There’s probably not as much between a Hinkley port minus Houston and a Clarkson north with Houston as what people seem to believe.
Collingwood have the biggest downside - over a third of their starting 22 are >30 and outside of N.Daicos and maybe Quaynor the cupboard is bare with young talent.

They’ll fall off a cliff in the next two seasons. North look to be on the up.

This. Wouldn’t be surprised if North are a top-4 team in 2026.

When they start coming it’ll be with a rush, a la Brisbane in 2019.

[emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji6]" data-quote="nomisg" data-source="post: 0" class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeBlock--expandable bbCodeBlock--quote js-expandWatch">

I’d say North will have a better list within a year or two. Pies list has almost half in the [emoji[emoji6][emoji6]]’s age bracket. Na, I’m going to North & they have a decent coach as well.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Dan Houston requests trade to Victoria - will stay if deal can't be done

Remove this Banner Ad

Back