List Mgmt. Dan Houston requests trade to Victoria - will stay if deal can't be done

Remove this Banner Ad

Maybe, but for a player of chads quality and age at the time there should absolutely have been a top 10 pick involved.

As there should be with Houston.
Burton was pick 19 then polled second in the rising star. Was definitely top 10 worthy and Id say top 5 worthy at the time.

Would be more this..

Port - Lukosius, Richards, 13, 39
Sun's - Noble, rioli, Port f1 & pies f1
Pies - Houston, 51, throw in ports future 4th
Tigers - pick 6 & 36

Tigers want picks and your deal they get a bad deal overall

Sun's want future draft

Pies, that's all they deserve
This is no where near enough for us because in this trade our future first turns into 13 (15 on draft night) and then we get Richards, Luko and 39 for Houston which is a bad trade

Have I got it right in that this equates to:

Houston for pick 6
F1R for Lukosius
Pick 39 for Richards and 51

Sorry, but to me we lose a bit on every deal other than the Richards one.

We pay max for Lukosius
We get only a single good pick for Houston

We lose our current R2 pick

To make this work for us there needs to be a second round pick coming back our way. Ideally 23. At worst 29.

We’d also need to get a R2 pick for Soldo to make the overall trade period a pass.
But then it opens up avenues for us to do something with pick 6. Like Carlton would give up 12 and 14.

I think F1 is okay for Luko if Suns pay some of his salary, which I think is part of the negotiations from the intel I got.

I'm okay with pick 6 for Houston. I mean people are okay with North's F1 only for Houston which could be the same pick. But we could do much more with it in this draft.

I'm not so sure North's future 1 would be part of the package. Definitely possible because when discussing these trades every possible scenario is thrown up, but last I checked North were interested in trading back from 2 and get two first rounders in the process, and at least one of those would go to Port in the Houston deal (and possibly the future 1 as well but I'm not sure about that).
Sounds like you aren't sure about anything you just said Chewy316 😅

Norfs F1 is worth a lot especially given its likely a pick to get no Hinkleyfication at all.

Norfs F1 + one of the split F1s from the 2 would be very fair. In fact I wouldny be averse to giving something back the other way too.
I have no issues if we keep that pick either. We would be in a good place to get Dyson Sharp and I'd rather him than 1 pick 15 in this draft

Dan will accept a move to North. He's desperate to get back to Melbourne.

Has his girlfriend perfected the lotus position or something?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

dyson sharp will be pick 1

north wont finish bottom, therefore i doubt we get acess to sharp

Gives you a strong starting point if you wanted to try and trade up though.

I suspect if we are the club that gets him, it will be after the Richmond deals are done. If we split 2, it's potentially with them once they have gotten picks for Rioli, Bolton and Baker.

Gives you a strong starting point if you wanted to try and trade up though.

I suspect if we are the club that gets him, it will be after the Richmond deals are done. If we split 2, it's potentially with them once they have gotten picks for Rioli, Bolton and Baker.
Yeah good point.

The more I think about this the more I hate the thought of doing Collingwood any favours.

Getting Houston & Perryman gives them one maybe two more genuine cracks at another flag before they need to move on the aging guys. Can you stomach that possibility? fukc that.
I remember thinking the aging Richmond were going to resurge getting Taranto and Hopper. You just never know what's going to happen, but it's not a certainty the cliff doesn't derail them regardless.

Richmond has deliberately driven over the cliff and embraced it. Good luck getting back up in the next decade.

thelma and louise GIF

I’ve never seen a wooden spooner get gutted the way Richmond is this offseason, and I’ve never seen a wooden spooner get such amazing value for players leaving them before.

they could get some good to great players into their club in the next few years, but if that losing culture sets in it won’t matter.

How do you go from signing a deal in 2022 for 5 more years, and accept a leadership position in 2024 and then a few months later be “desperate” to leave?

wtf is actually going on? Surely there is more to it than a new girlfriend, god that is pathetic if that’s all it is.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

How do you go from signing a deal in 2022 for 5 more years, and accept a leadership position in 2024 and then a few months later be “desperate” to leave?

wtf is actually going on? Surely there is more to it than a new girlfriend, god that is pathetic if that’s all it is.

Maybe he thought he was a better fit for the captaincy, not the first time we have stuffed that up.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Maybe he thought he was a better fit for the captaincy, not the first time we have stuffed that up.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Hang on what? a player that throws his toys out of the cot and sooks to the point of wanting to be traded because he wasn’t made captain, is exactly the sort of player you don’t want as captain.

I don’t believe that would be the reason.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Dan Houston requests trade to Victoria - will stay if deal can't be done

Remove this Banner Ad

Back