News Dan Houston traded to Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Wouldnt be surprised if that suggested trade was a bit of kyte flying rather than Port being serious

Connors heavies Port to get a deal done, they find out what Collingwood are really trying to trade, Houston still wont say which club he wants to go to and Cripps and CD then say yeah, nah not good enough, look our fans are pissed off, we cant do this deal.

Cripps and CD have said all along they want decent picks otherwise they wont trade him. Its all part of the poker game.

Port - Lukosius, Atkins, Suns 13, Norths 25
North - Houston, Sun's 41
Suns - North F1, North F2, Port F2

Pretty simple really..

Suns get their future draft capital AND salary dump for backending Lukosius contract.

That's the fairest deal. Plus Port keep their future 1st.

North paying a 1st and 2 seconds overall for Houston.

In negotiation: How do you manage to be in a position of strength for two separate deals and appear to be in a position of weakness. Some absolute rubbish negotiating posturing.

In the proposed deal, GC and Collingwood happy to do us over.

Stuff them both.

Hopefully our F1 will also be taken off the table for Luko.

Pretty simple really..

Suns get their future draft capital AND salary dump for backending Lukosius contract.

Rules say you cant trade out F1 + other future picks.

If you keep F1, you can trade F2+F3+F4.

Not sure if AFL would allow it if asked by North for special dispensation to relax rules just for this trade.

I get a lot of enjoyment out of this board, and a mental release by venting frustrations about the club, but I find the idea that we're influencing list management decisions fanciful to say the least. Just my uninformed opinion.
Of course we do. The board knows that if they screw it up, we can always vote them ou…. oh wait.

Pretty simple really..

I hate the idea of taking the Atkins salary dump and I would want Gold Coast 29 just for doing that part of the deal.

Pretty simple really..

Getting more sensible, but we're still overpaying for Lukosius. IMHO if we take Atkins' salary then we don't need to give up anything else (like the Bowes deal last year).

Port - Lukosius, Atkins, Suns 13, Norths 25 and 29, Richards

Pretty simple really..

If we get Collingwood to take Atkins and they send us Richards, and Norf send us 29 as well, it would be better.
Not great, but better.
We give Houston + F2 + Salary dump.

Pretty simple really..

We only take Atkins if the Suns compensate us pick 23 for the psychological trauma involved. At the end of the day the Suns desperately want both Luko & Atkins off their books, why can’t our club realise this simple fact?

Wouldnt be surprised if that suggested trade was a bit of kyte flying rather than Port being serious

Connors heavies Port to get a deal done, they find out what Collingwood are really trying to trade, Houston still wont say which club he wants to go to and Cripps and CD then say yeah, nah not good enough, look our fans are pissed off, we cant do this deal.

Cripps and CD have said all along they want decent picks otherwise they wont trade him. Its all part of the poker game.
:tonguewink:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Heard some stuff that doesn't paint Houston himself in a particularly good light. Ungrateful and entitled campaigner.

he probably just hates hinkley like everyone else

I strongly suspect that where negotiations are currently at. Port have said that realistically North has the only offer they will accept, so Dan has to make the choice of going to North or staying at Port.
I actually think North are on the up, they just don't play in front of 80K mouth breathers every week like the other two.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Dan Houston traded to Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Back