News Dan Houston traded to Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Didn't Carlton just pick swap their future 1st and future 2nd for Hawks 14 though?
Yes but before that trade they had traded in Brisbane's F2.

So whilst I was techincally incorrect in my previous post if you trade out your F1 you need to have F2+F3+F4 picks either yours or another club's combined.

I actually think North are on the up, they just don't play in front of 80K mouth breathers every week like the other two.

If the deals were the same I’d rather him go to Collingwood as they have an ageing lists and a significantly inferior coach to north who have a lot of young talent (due to Laura/AFL handouts) about to come into a good age profile.

North making a play for GC #13

Its Happening Ron Paul GIF

If only you knew about Dan Houston

North making a play for GC #13

If I were a chess player I’d describe that as their checkmate move - put Collingwood out of the picture and the pressure right on dans management group.

If the deals were the same I’d rather him go to Collingwood as they have an ageing lists and a significantly inferior coach to north who have a lot of young talent (due to Laura/AFL handouts) about to come into a good age profile.
i tend to agree, this idea that we can't prop up another contender is a bit overstated, i just want the best deal and don't care where that is. Looks like North are prepared to offer us the best deal so far, but i think they will be a contender themselves in the not too distant future. And i'm not convinced Collingwood will be.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Heard some stuff that doesn't paint Houston himself in a particularly good light. Ungrateful and entitled campaigner.
I reckon that's a bit unfair when he has always said he'd come back to Port Adelaide if the right deal wasn't done. He went to the BnF. He's a leader in the group. He's well liked. He didn't name one club giving us the space to negotiate. He's done everything right. He's a decent guy.

We should get in Richmond’s ear that having houston after losing Rioli would be good for the young ones they are about to get in
They don’t need 8 new players
port get pick 10,14
Richmond get houston
Maybe some later pick swaps

So they’d essentially be upgrading from Rioli and still have 1,6,18,20,23 and 24

I said it before…North split pick 2 into 6 & 13.

13 & F1 to us for Houston.

Port F1 & NM F1 to Rich for Rioli (if they are hell bent on giving Rich 2 firsts)

Rich don’t need more picks in this draft but banking a couple of futures would be attractive.
Wait you think Houston + our future first to north for 13 and norths future first is a good deal. Boy oh boy.

Campbell Brown had signed for GC in that secret signing period GC got from the AFL. When his name was mentioned he cracked the shits publicly to help deflect any chance of a trade, he couldnt say that he had signed for the GC, he fired up the fans and they and Kennett said no way can we trade a premiership player away.

Choco was being intentionally mischievous with naming him I recall.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Dan Houston traded to Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Back