News Dan Houston traded to Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Partly because Collingwood competently defend their players, just like they competently negotiate trades and competently advance the interests of their club.

We can only dream.
The way Collingwood went about the Maynard incident compared to the hogwash we came up with Dan is light years apart.
Professional Sporting club and us Backyard Bogans.

lol this doesn’t even come close to the 21 prelim disaster, pure hysteria. Premierships is what we all want and a spot in the gf was perfectly laid out for us and we completely shat the bed.

Yeah it would’ve been nice for us to show more balls and hold Houston to his contract, but by the sounds the Houston camp didn’t make things easy for the club.

Comparing this or saying it’s worse than a humiliating prelim loss is ridiculous.

In all honestly this is the sort of trade I’ve been expecting, I always thought there were so many here that were setting themselves up for major disappointment.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
You were expecting this because you're used to us rolling over.

Can't you guys on trade pick 13 for Norths F1 now then? You would effectively then get Norths F1, pick 29 and 36 for Houston

I still don't think this is a good representation of Houston's value, nor do I think it would salvage the trade as a whole.

If I have $200, and I trade it to you for $120 in various denominations, I don't suddenly win the trade if I find someone prepared to take two of my new $20 notes for a $50.

best half back in the comp, best kick in the comp, if not certainly top 3, Excellent mark for his height, Hits the scoreboard regular from half back and is the best in the comp at score involvements from the back half. his main weakness is that he often doesn't run back hard enough
Reliable, reliable, reliable player. Off-field not so reliable.

I still don't think this is a good representation of Houston's value, nor do I think it would salvage the trade as a whole.

If I have $200, and I trade it to you for $120 in various denominations, I don't suddenly win the trade if I find someone prepared to take two of my new $20 notes for a $50.
Yea I agree Houston deserved 2x first rounders. But I also don't think trading with North would've offered that either. They really only had their F1 (to trade for 13) and pick 25 in play. They weren't going to involve their pick 2

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interested time to have a crack at the best kid on our list
Five finals in, and he hasn’t had a top 3 on ground performance in one of them. Butters and Rozee are 0 from 9.

Let’s hope JHF can do what Dusty did and build his career and reputation when it actually matters. Ashcroft has done it in his first finals series. Daicos too previously. Hell, Bailey Smith, Cody Weightman and Nick Watson have all had dominant finals campaigns within three years of being drafted.

What are the excuses for our golden trio? Simply the fact that their beloved daddy, Ken, is coaching?

Nah. Stuff that. I’ll start lauding players when they pull their finger out and dominate in September. That means at the very least getting coaches votes. The odd BOG would be appreciated too.

So North's offer according to Chewy was rubbish as well and in reality the Houston camp were never going there in the first place. I am just annoyed that Melbourne was never mentioned again and all the crap about being open to going anywhere was complete bull. This is all on Houston and his management for mine. We were backed into a corner with nowhere to go.

Five finals in, and he hasn’t had a top 3 on ground performance in one of them. Butters and Rozee are 0 from 9.

Let’s hope JHF can do what Dusty did and build his career and reputation when it actually matters. Ashcroft has done it in his first finals series. Daicos too previously. Hell, Bailey Smith, Cody Weightman and Nick Watson have all had dominant finals campaigns within three years of being drafted.

What are the excuses for our golden trio? Simply the fact that their beloved daddy, Ken, is coaching?

Nah. Stuff that. I’ll start lauding players when they pull their finger out and dominate in September. That means at the very least getting coaches votes. The odd BOG would be appreciated too.

He’s what, 21?
Under the biggest dud coach in our AFL era?

He’s what, 21?
Under the biggest dud coach in our AFL era?
Just on this. Ashcroft turned the GWS final on its ear in the second half when the Lions were gone and much further behind, away from home. No excuses given. Put himself into the midfield and lifted his team to victory. Was very good the week after, and then won the Norm Smith after that.

Someone here, not me, chose to bring JHF into this thread. Yes, he’s our best youngster and our best or second best player. But that wasn’t good enough to capitalise on a top 4 spot and a home QF.

The excuses we make as supporters for our golden boys feeds mediocrity.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Dan Houston traded to Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Back