News Dan Houston traded to Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

I call bullshit on Houston wouldn't return to Port if the deal fell through what was he gonna do sit out of football for three years? If we fell for empty threat bluffing like that our people are dumber than I thought.

This.

Also, prior to the trade period, Dan was reported as "happy to stay at Port" while Soldo had "scorched the earth". Yet, we kept Ivan to his contract but not Dan.

It's all bullshit. Club spin and gaslighting to justify bad decisions.

Two things are becoming abundantly clear...

a) Long term contracts are worthless and are used purely as a way for clubs to structure TPP.
b) Players and player managers hold way too much power. Clubs need the ability to trade contracted players against their will.
There will be many changes regarding player contracts in the coming years, it seem the players have a slight edge on the clubs atm but I think we will go down the American path with contracts and transfers.

Of course the media and the AFL never wants to admit its complicity in empowering these guys.

Like when A Current Affair runs a story one week on cheap plastic surgery in Bali then a couple of months later runs a story on botched plastic surgery in Bali.

After battling injuries in 2024, Hawthorn veteran Chad Wingard announces retirement​

Here's the difference in a decent human being. I missed the Chadster.

“Thank you to the Port Adelaide Football Club and Hawthorn Football Club for shaping me in to the player and person I am today,” he posted on Instagram.

“To the fans of this great game, thank you, and I hope I played a small part in entertaining you on the weekends during my journey.

There will be many changes regarding player contracts in the coming years, it seem the players have a slight edge on the clubs atm but I think we will go down the American path with contracts and transfers.
I also think that perhaps there needs to be some investigation, reporting mechanisms and severe punishments for managers and management groups that use stand over tactics and extortion to ensure clubs facilitate deals.

I also think that perhaps there needs to be some investigation, reporting mechanisms and severe punishments for managers and management groups that use stand over tactics and extortion to ensure clubs facilitate deals.
Yeah I agree, managers on big money influencing the outcome of players and clubs needs to be monitored more closely.

I call bullshit on Houston wouldn't return to Port if the deal fell through what was he gonna do sit out of football for three years? If we fell for empty threat bluffing like that our people are dumber than I thought.
I thought he only had to sit out one regardless of contract length? I could be wrong here.

The bloke is an absolute legend, just had no time for the loserism that's infected our club.

Given the amount of people here that have got rid of their membership etc I find it strange that anyone can criticise a player for doing the same thing.

I’m not getting paid $800,000 to be a member.

Two things are becoming abundantly clear...

a) Long term contracts are worthless and are used purely as a way for clubs to structure TPP.
b) Players and player managers hold way too much power. Clubs need the ability to trade contracted players against their will.

The original Draft system was uncomplicated until the AFLPA got involved. The introduction of Free Agency, trading Draft picks including future picks and concessions has complicated the process and given player agents too much power. I agree long term contracts are worthless re retaining players but they do give the contracted club the upper hand and the ability to extract the best deal.

I reckon Richmond saw the writing on the wall with the looming Draft concessions to be given to the Tasmanian franchise in 2027 so they decided to bank on this year's Draft. It has been a long time since an established club has such a strong hand in an uncompromised Draft.

Maybe we did the same to a lesser extent? Of course trading the 2025 first round pick for Lukosius means we are without a first round pick next year and will have to trade our way back into next year's Draft. On that basis if anyone wanted to return home next year we might well do it to get back into one of the last uncompromised Drafts before the Tasmanian entry.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This.

Also, prior to the trade period, Dan was reported as "happy to stay at Port" while Soldo had "scorched the earth". Yet, we kept Ivan to his contract but not Dan.

It's all bullshit. Club spin and gaslighting to justify bad decisions.

We didn't have much option with Ivan as no one wants him.

A direct quote from Dan at Collingwood ‘Pulling on the black and white stripes for the first time felt unreal’
No worries buddy. What a garbage human being.
Houston confirms that the Prison Bars are different to black and white stripes.

Therefore Port can wear them whenever they want.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

After battling injuries in 2024, Hawthorn veteran Chad Wingard announces retirement​

Here's the difference in a decent human being. I missed the Chadster.

“Thank you to the Port Adelaide Football Club and Hawthorn Football Club for shaping me in to the player and person I am today,” he posted on Instagram.

“To the fans of this great game, thank you, and I hope I played a small part in entertaining you on the weekends during my journey.

I think Chad had his issues at Alberton before he left and I got the impression that the parting of the ways a mutual decision. I do not recall Chad Wingard saying thanks when he left for Hawthorn. Chad was quitting the game when he had those parting words Houston is not, he is merely moving clubs.

Nice of Chad to acknowledge the PAFC none the less but maybe we should reserve judgement on Dan until he is ready to retire?

Id love to know the benefits of keeping Connor’s on side. Are we getting Charlie Curnow next year?

I think Chad had his issues at Alberton before he left and I got the impression that the parting of the ways a mutual decision. I do not recall Chad Wingard saying thanks when he left for Hawthorn. Chad was quitting the game when he had those parting words Houston is not, he is merely moving clubs.

Nice of Chad to acknowledge the PAFC none the less but maybe we should reserve judgement on Dan until he is ready to retire?
The one difference with Chad is he did genuinely love the PAFC, obviously Houston's words were just empty.

Last edited:

1729132468312.png

There seem to be the idea that Houston was horrible. I'm talking about recently but overall. I haven't heard that before. I this just people Fortniteing him as he goes to Collingwood or is there some actual proof.

Also, lets see what we pick up in the superdraft. There are still avenues in which we win this trade.
Guess that happens when a Player Leaves the Team that there Fans call him a dud

Remove this Banner Ad

News Dan Houston traded to Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Back