News Dan Houston traded to Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

David King has been calling out Kens lack of coaching ability for years. Only Grant Thomas has been a bigger public critic.

Yes - and that’s because he hates Port.

David can bang away safely at Ken when Ken is safely undermining Port. When Ken is under threat, it’s time for David to help him stay there.

By Damian Barrett

2 hrs ago

IF there has been a worse deal in trade history ... THEN​

Port's for the exit of Dan Houston ...​

Nah, there hasn't been. Too nice, this club. I would've held him to his contract. Played off a break by player agent Paul Connors, who was afforded way too much control. Let's see if a big-name, Connors-managed player joins Port in the 2025 trade period. That would be the only justification for this 2024 trade period disaster. And even that wouldn't make it right.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who cares whether Ken’s filthy. He’s fostered the love-in environment where players won’t achieve the ultimate success. We are only going to lose more players once they eventually realise the grass is greener, financially and success-wise, elsewhere
Ken won't be filthy. He will accept it as part of the game.

Ken won't be filthy. He will accept it as part of the game.
He will 100% reference it as an excuse after a loss….

“Look we are a much more inexperienced team in that part of the ground than we have been in previous years and those decisions, which are club decisions not coaching ones, were made and we need to work through those going forward….”

Pickett has told Port on multiple occasions he wants to join them, and then he enters his exit interview and tells Melbourne he's staying.

He's eager to please everyone. But Port are definitely sick of of the funny games.
As someone who knows Kozzie personally this is misinformation and not true at all 👍 I'm positive you make your 'inside information' up.

As someone who knows Kozzie personally this is misinformation and not true at all 👍 I'm positive you make your 'inside information' up.

You can choose to believe whatever you want. Port have had expectations due to what he has conveyed through his manager to them that he would request a trade, only to end up staying.

I have much more important things to do in life than actually make shit up on a footy forum.

He's not making it up. The person giving him the information is making it up. He's getting played.

It's never anything negative. It's always some positive story about how something good nearly happened, or an excuse about how we had no choice but to do whatever stupid thing we just did, or a kicking of the can down the road and an urging to keep the faith (now that the trade period's done I'm sure Ken is getting sacked any day now!) I don't recall ever seeing a Chewy 'ITK' post designed to leave someone feeling less positive after they read it.

Credit to whoever's behind this, it's a far more effective strategy than a Janus-esque shill. Any poster who comes on here and tells us how great Ken is really is going to get instantly rejected. But "The club wanted to sack Ken before but couldn't for reasons outside our control. But Ken will surely be sacked this time! Oh wait no he wasn't because of some new reason outside our control. But next week he'll definitely be sacked! And also how good is Josh Carr gonna be guys!" is much more subtle but effective messaging.

You can choose to believe whatever you want. Port have had expectations due to what he has conveyed through his manager to them that he would request a trade, only to end up staying.

I have much more important things to do in life than actually make shit up on a footy forum.
His manager is lying to Port to keep the door open and Port is believing it is what it sounds like.

I prefer the inside line than not having it.

Its just all about context. There is no point in shooting the messenger.

Is there any possible excuse for not telling Dan to stay/go to Melbourne/go to Norf, or hell just deal with the Blues who he was happy to play for and we had a better offer on the table from? No, there isn't. It was an awful trade that we had no reason to do. Who gives a flying **** if Dan gets pissy at us? But is it worth knowing what the weak as piss reasoning for it was internally? I think so.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Dan Houston traded to Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Back