News Dan Houston traded to Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Bulldogs basically getting pick 17 for Bailey Smith (Macrae and Kennedy cancel each other out, if anything Bulldogs lose on that too) was worse than the Houston trade.

Plenty of people rate Bailey Smith in the top 5 of the 2018 superdraft and he's 23 years old.

Still, sticking your flag in the sand on the Houston trade gives them another reason to defend Hinkley next year.
Houston was supposed to be the diamond in the trade period is what I think he meant, so with that we were supposed to be well rewarded with 2 first round picks.

I'm sure more went on behind closed doors that created some bad blood where Dan couldn't stay imo.

Yeah poor Ken hasn't got the cattle line will pulled again I'm sure, it's understandable after 12 years and 3 lists, he needs more time so they can win a GF for Kenny.

He's not making it up. The person giving him the information is making it up. He's getting played.

It's never anything negative. It's always some positive story about how something good nearly happened, or an excuse about how we had no choice but to do whatever stupid thing we just did, or a kicking of the can down the road and an urging to keep the faith (now that the trade period's done I'm sure Ken is getting sacked any day now!) I don't recall ever seeing a Chewy 'ITK' post designed to leave someone feeling less positive after they read it.

Credit to whoever's behind this, it's a far more effective strategy than a Janus-esque shill. Any poster who comes on here and tells us how great Ken is really is going to get instantly rejected. But "The club wanted to sack Ken before but couldn't for reasons outside our control. But Ken will surely be sacked this time! Oh wait no he wasn't because of some new reason outside our control. But next week he'll definitely be sacked! And also how good is Josh Carr gonna be guys!" is much more subtle but effective messaging.
He has the Janus "continually change the goal posts so I'm always right and defend myself with a wall of text" schtick down pat.

Houston was supposed to be the diamond in the trade period is what I think he meant, so with that we were supposed to be well rewarded with 2 first round picks.

I'm sure more went on behind closed doors that created some bad blood where Dan couldn't stay imo.

Yeah poor Ken hasn't got the cattle line will pulled again I'm sure, it's understandable after 12 years and 3 lists, he needs more time so they can win a GF for Kenny.

The opinions of parasites like Barrett who just push the AFL line, never question the organisation's corrupt practices or their inability to control the increasing power of so-called kingmakers, won't cover stories on high-profile players who publicly disgrace themselves, and won't challenge their golden children aren't worth the paper napkins they're dribbled on to.

But they'll flock like blowflies and huff and puff around the rotting story of some low-level players who were suspended for behaving badly at a player end of year event.

The opinions of parasites like Barrett who just push the AFL line, never question the organisation's corrupt practices or their inability to control the increasing power of so-called kingmakers, won't cover stories on high-profile players who publicly disgrace themselves, and won't challenge their golden children aren't worth the paper napkins they're dribbled on to.

But they'll flock like blowflies and huff and puff around the rotting story of some low-level players who were suspended for behaving badly at a player end of year event.
Like everything AFL related atm, rotten and corrupt.

In the end whether Ken has the cattle or not is debatable from the “Ken doesn’t have the cattle“ crowd. What isn’t is he’s had 12 years (going on 13 I’m sure) to have a huge say in that cattle and he hasn’t delivered. Everyone here knows mathematically it’s below average to have 12 years without a GF appearance.
And coming from our background and our motto of existing to win premierships, it’s unacceptable being below average. Koch and co need to be held accountable for this. When’s the AGM?

Ken's shown remarkable dedication to coach for 12 years at a club that's out to deliberately sabotage his career by drafting and trading in spuds he either doesn't want or doesn't have a say in. That's even before you factor in the disadvantage he has compared to every other coach in the league who is actually allowed to kick it for them.

A true saint.

Barrett has his biases but he certainly has gone hard at Hawthorn over the racism saga, something the VFL would love to be swept under the rug.

I actually see Barrett as one of the more likely journalists to call out league BS. He often has a special place for the league at the end of his ‘sliding doors’ section but there is still obviously a conflict of interest and a line he won’t cross.

I think it's easy for people to get up in arms this year given how GC got fleeced on Rioli and even Freo probably paid overs for Bolton.

In reality, our return for Houston is not far off what clubs got for players of similar quality and age. For instance 13 + 29 is 1865 points which is pretty close to what Geelong ended up paying for Cameron.

Edit: that's not to say I love the deal, just that it's within the bounds of what we realistically could accept
Geelong underpaid for Cameron. Do Geelong ever lose a trade?

He will 100% reference it as an excuse after a loss….

“Look we are a much more inexperienced team in that part of the ground than we have been in previous years and those decisions, which are club decisions not coaching ones, were made and we need to work through those going forward….”
Sure he will. But he won't be filthy. He likes excuses.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

News Dan Houston traded to Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Back