News Dan Houston traded to Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

I think we should take anyone’s info with a pinch of salt.
There has been sfu info regarding Kenny being on shaky ground post finals except what’s been written here. Which makes me really question its validity. Usually if a coach is on remotely shaky ground then something gets out as a rumour in the media. This has happened for as long as I can remember. Now either there is nothing or every single media person is protecting Ken. I go with the first option.

Re Houston did we really get any more important insight here than what was available from the media?

Last edited:
Option A:

"We didn't get the value we wanted from the deal but we felt it was important to get the deal done for Dan's sake as well as the club's. Not to mention the deal with Jack also being at risk. In the end, we got a mid range pick in this year's first round and some solid picks coming later in the draft .

Option B:

"We could have got better from North but Dan was being a dick and we can't say why so you need to trust us. In the end taking Rory as a salary dump gave us pick 29 so we see that as a win."

I think we should take anyone’s info with a pinch of salt.
There has been sfu info regarding Kenny being on shaky ground post finals except what’s been written here. Which makes me really question its validity. Usually if a coach is on remotely shaky ground then something gets out as a rumour in the media. This has happened for as long as I can remember. Now either there is nothing or every single media person is protecting Ken. I go with the first option.

Re Houston did we really get any more important insight here than what was available from the media?
That's up to the individual I suppose, you can either follow the posters information or not but getting personal and attacking the person without any proof or facts isn't cool.

If you believe or not so be it, leave at that.

Option C :

As soon as Dan started the dialogue about leaving mid year it could've been shut down with a simple it's not happening retort (other clubs have done this), the reality is we were hungry for a first round pick and we always accommodate people that express a desire to leave.

It's still to play out in terms of how Lukosius performs & who we draft, but we put ourselves here.

“I am super happy that it was the Pies and that was one of my preferences throughout the whole year
Signs a contract to be with the club for a further 5 seasons ahead of the 2022 season. Gets elevated to the leadership group ahead of 2024, and is gone at the end of the year saying he was considering a trade the whole year. At this point, good ****ing riddance.

Admittedly I don’t want to risk putting too much weight on his exact choice of words, but ****ing hell that’s a poor look. If he wasn’t such a talented footballer I’d probably be ecstatic that such a guy is gone from the club.

Not to mention he ended his 2024 season by doing something stupid (yet semi-excusable), but his absence did absolutely contribute to our poor end to the season. When you do that and then come out and say you were weighing up which clubs were your preferences all year, really makes me wonder why I was ever outraged at the length of the suspension.

“I am super happy that it was the Pies and that was one of my preferences throughout the whole year
Signs a contract to be with the club for a further 5 seasons ahead of the 2022 season. Gets elevated to the leadership group ahead of 2024, and is gone at the end of the year saying he was considering a trade the whole year. At this point, good ****ing riddance.

Admittedly I don’t want to risk putting too much weight on his exact choice of words, but ****ing hell that’s a poor look. If he wasn’t such a talented footballer I’d probably be ecstatic that such a guy is gone from the club.

Not to mention he ended his 2024 season by doing something stupid (yet semi-excusable), but his absence did absolutely contribute to our poor end to the season. When you do that and then come out and say you were weighing up which clubs were your preferences all year, really makes me wonder why I was ever outraged at the length of the suspension.

It hasn't painted the character of the man in a good way, Could well be beneficial for the club that he has left in the long run.

If I was a Collingwood supporter my eyebrow would be a little raised with that... 🤨

lol. Dan, m8, shut the **** up. Imagine if we recruited someone and they were like 'yeah I wanted to go to the Crows more but they didn't have any picks so Port will do'.

Dan is just coming across as a petulant, disrespectful twat now.

Even if he did want to leave the “cult of Ken”, he’s just rubbing it in the fans face now and for me he’s approaching Nick Steven’s territory

I wish him no success whatsoever

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Paul Rudd Shut Up GIF

NWM is tight with Jase isn't he? cripes if he ends up at camryland it would all be about a bigger offer.
Wayne Milera and another Milera have also played at the Crows, both clubs have got strong player connections with him. All that I'm confident on is that he will be playing at an SA club in 2026.

So his preference was the Blues, who had a better offer on the table and more capital.

And yet somehow we gave him up to Collingwood. Its honestly at the point where it needs a neutral inquiry in to what sort of collusion allowed this to take place.

Vossy got overruled by the list manager. I’d say given the Blues are cherry ripe in the window, the Blues list manager needs to be sacked more than Cripps.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Dan Houston traded to Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Back