News Dan Houston traded to Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you look at 2023 where he played nearly all the year as a forward he was on a par with loads of forwards who you would need to pay at least a first round pick for. The only reason he could only be worth a 2nd Round pick was due to salary dump not form.

But the salary dump only applies to Geelong. I hate to think what corruption was involved in that Bowes deal.

Was told if Gold Coast didn't get off the Bowes contract last year they would have been over the cap, hence the absurd trade with Geelong.

I still think it is ridiculous such a trade was allowed though, but as it involved a Victorian team, AFL was quick to say nothing to see here.

Isn’t the obvious Houston cover Jase Burgoyne? He was bog across half back in our winning final. And then for some reason didn’t play him there in the prelim.

Will Lorenz to wing.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Surely Farrell will play the Houston role and then Sinn plays the Farrell role. The distinction between the 2 roles being Farrell would be more likely to take the small forward who plays deeper. Houston would take the player who is the high half forward.

Was told if Gold Coast didn't get off the Bowes contract last year they would have been over the cap, hence the absurd trade with Geelong.

I still think it is ridiculous such a trade was allowed though, but as it involved a Victorian team, AFL was quick to say nothing to see here.

Who's decision was it to go after ratugolea for 2 years ? , he was average at his best , going after him was horrible recruiting

Surely there would have been other clubs that would have offered a better deal. Bowes is not great but he's not terrible either.

Surely there would have been other clubs that would have offered a better deal. Bowes is not great but he's not terrible either.

Probably comes down the BS of players not being able to be traded to a team against their will.

Who's decision was it to go after ratugolea for 2 years ? , he was average at his best , going after him was horrible recruiting

No idea.

Do you think they would have recruited Ratugolea knowing what they know now? I doubt it.

He's hardly on big money though so it's not going to hurt the club in the long run.

Probably comes down the BS of players not being able to be traded to a team against their will.

No idea.

Do you think they would have recruited Ratugolea knowing what they know now? I doubt it.

He's hardly on big money though so it's not going to hurt the club in the long run.
Yeah but 2 straight off seasons we wanted , that's a huge sample size to see he's not a premiership level defender

No idea.

Ratagolea is pretty frustrating. Ignoring the marking the ball a metre behind the goal line and massive clangers, he seems to get 80% of stuff right, then lets himself down at the end. Like not quite holding the mark, missing a guy marginally. He's almost there but he's not.

Bit like Nathan Kreuger who looks and runs around like peak Carey but can't finish off the job (or sometimes barely get a touch).
Here's a fun game rank these players from best to worst

Ratogolea
Kreuger
Wiedeman
2 metre Peter Wright
Frampton
Francis
Keath

Ratagolea is pretty frustrating. Ignoring the marking the ball a metre behind the goal line and massive clangers, he seems to get 80% of stuff right, then lets himself down at the end. Like not quite holding the mark, missing a guy marginally. He's almost there but he's not.

Bit like Nathan Kreuger who looks and runs around like peak Carey but can't finish off the job (or sometimes barely get a touch).
Here's a fun game rank these players from best to worst

Ratogolea
Kreuger
Wiedeman
2 metre Peter Wright
Frampton
Francis
Keath

giphy.gif

If you look at 2023 where he played nearly all the year as a forward he was on a par with loads of forwards who you would need to pay at least a first round pick for. The only reason he could only be worth a 2nd Round pick was due to salary dump not form.

But the salary dump only applies to Geelong. I hate to think what corruption was involved in that Bowes deal.
How many shots did Finny access in 23 and then in 24?

Didn’t he go at 45-50% of Luko gets the same opportunity surely he’ll convert at 60% that’s close to 40

He’s a loss but that’s tempered by Logan Evans and Sinn. Logan was a real surprise packet. Looks like an accomplished afl footballer with more improvement to come. Sinn, late in the season, started to live up to Port’s high expectations when we drafted him
Agree on Logan, quality player. Wonderful recruiting by the club. Sinn was a mistake in my opinion. We paid too much for the type of player he is. Not saying he isn’t talented but we've got virtually nothing from him yet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree on Logan, quality player. Wonderful recruiting by the club. Sinn was a mistake in my opinion. We paid too much for the type of player he is. Not saying he isn’t talented but we've got virtually nothing from him yet.
I understand the sentiment about Sinn. Thought he showed a few good signs late in the finals. I think it’s a make or break season for him next year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back