Trade Requested Dan Houston [UFA 2027] - Wants to head to Victoria

Remove this Banner Ad

Sum of all parts is less that what was achievable and even been reported for each individual piece here.

Pies made off like bandits, Port and GC carrying the bag.
It genuinely looks like a fairly even trade all round. Pies have given up a fair bit which you'd expect for a quality player.

I don't think anyone got shafted here and we won't really know who the winners of the trade are for a few years time.

Hilarious Pick 50 was the thing that got this over the line.

Also hilarious how much of a rabble we are at trading each year. We just helped gift Houston to Collingwood and didn’t get value for pick 13 like we could’ve
This deal looks amazing for you........... compared to the Rioli deal.

Gold Coast did fine.
  • 13 and Port's 2025 1st cancel each other out.
  • 29 & Noble cancel each other out.
  • So basically Lukosius for the Pies 2025 1st + 39.

People are just offended that Collingwood got Houston, saying GC bent over for Collingwood. When in reality, GC got a good deal out of it like you have mentioned. GC wanted Noble, wanted to get rid of 13 and wanted to get rid of Luko, so how this is bending over for Collingwood... I have no idea?

Gold Coast did fine.
  • 13 and Port's 2025 1st cancel each other out.
  • 29 & Noble cancel each other out.
  • So basically Lukosius for the Pies 2025 1st + 39.

How do 13 and Ports 2025 cancel out when they were getting offered like the Saints 2025 first and 2nd.

The Suns have bent over for the Pies.

Kudos to Leppa got a 2x all Australian for a future first worth nothing and 2 spuds.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What makes this so bad is they still take on the Atkins $400k salary dump. You’re supposed to get something good for a salary dump. Geelong got pick 7 for Bowes salary dump. Port got pick 50

It was like Port realised they were drunk....didnt want to come home to Mum.....realised they where too pissed and said F-It.....
Suns got creamed a little too didnt they?
At least the Suns have Lombard this year AND a few top rated kids next year in their academy so they are set anyway. Port out of the top end of next years draft.

Holy shit Gold Coast.

Do you feel like you need to bail out 1 club every year and **** the rest of the comp?

Fremantle, then Geelong, now this.
Now yes Gold Coast could have got more by trading 13 to North, but this isn't a poor deal for them. They essentially traded out two mid-late firsts and a late second and got two mid-late firsts and a mid third back, plus Noble.

How do 13 and Ports 2025 cancel out when they were getting offered like the Saints 2025 first and 2nd.

The Suns have bent over for the Pies.

Kudos to Leppa got a 2x all Australian for a future first worth nothing and 2 spuds.

Suns got what they wanted. A player, 2 cap dumps and future picks they need for academy players. I'd be happy if I were a GC fan. Only club that looks like fools in this are Port lol.

Who said that? I've never heard that. At best I heard North's future first. I agree that would have been a better deal but that doesn't make this a bad one.

Complete nonsense. That pick will have value. Next years draft may have more academy players but it isn't terrible for talent.

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade Requested Dan Houston [UFA 2027] - Wants to head to Victoria

Remove this Banner Ad

Back