Speculation Tom Barrass [UFA 2027] - Reportedly headed to Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

We were asking for 2 firsts from the start, I assume 14 and F2 would've got it done, but you moved 14 on. Now we are in a weaker draft, I'd expect the 2 F1s is the ask.
Keep him, he'll be 1 year older next trade period- under contract for another 2 years, no club wil touch him given your demands this trade period for him. He will finish is 3-4 years time netting you zero picks for your rebuild.

Alternatively you could get f1 and f2 for Warner trade next year, geez I know what I would pick.. but then again you idiots turned down pick 14 and went your own way and did that banger of a deal with Richmond and Carlton.

If not traded, I bet Tom Barass will be booking in for some clean up work and out for 12 months.

Most likely will join Cam Green in NZ, love to follow his insta posts. Will be free next year, maybe Eagles will do a salary dump and give us a 1st rounder as compo.

Keep him, he'll be 1 year older next trade period- under contract for another 2 years, no club wil touch him given your demands this trade period for him. He will finish is 3-4 years time netting you zero picks for your rebuild.

Alternatively you could get f1 and f2 for Warner trade next year, geez I know what I would pick.. but then again you idiots turned down pick 14 and went your own way and did that banger of a deal with Richmond and Carlton.
We've said since the start that we would keep him.

This is still hilarious, Hawks fans posturing that we should just be happy with whatever they offer when it's been said since the start, this is an elite KPP, VC at the club, on a contract, you will have to pay to get him.

The amount of nuffery and chest beating is unreal.

This is still hilarious, Hawks fans posturing that we should just be happy with whatever they offer when it's been said since the start, this is an elite KPP, VC at the club, on a contract, you will have to pay to get him.

Or we are assuming your incompetence will continue and you will **** up this one as well.

No wonder the eagles want so much they just rated an uncontracted Liam Baker at 14. To be fair if you plug the deal into the AFL draft calculator the DVI comes out about square I figure that’s how Clarke is assessing trades. This laughable trade makes things difficult as eagles will want more to do so some damage control with members. We will not want to give up much or look stupid given the banditry of Carlton and Richmond. F1/2 with f3 back or walk the narrative around bad look is easily managed given multiple more than fair offers.

F1 and F2 is plenty, hardly posturing, just seeing if there's any level headed WC supporters who agree.

No wonder the eagles want so much they just rated an uncontracted Liam Baker at 14. To be fair if you plug the deal into the AFL draft calculator the DVI comes out about square I figure that’s how Clarke is assessing trades. This laughable trade makes things difficult as eagles will want more to do so some damage control with members. We will not want to give up much or look stupid given the banditry of Carlton and Richmond. F1/2 with f3 back or walk the narrative around bad look is easily managed given multiple more than fair offers.
The last offer you details is already worse than the first offer you made.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's weaker than your first offer, which was 14, F2 and an F3 coming back as F1 & F2 was traded for 14.
Good chance Blues future picks will be better value than the Hawks pick 14 and future 2nd, ie the initial offer. They won't make the 8. Pick 8 next year stacks up against 14 this year on probability alone.

Good chance Blues future picks will be better value than the Hawks pick 14 and future 2nd, ie the initial offer. They won't make the 8. Pick 8 next year stacks up against 14 this year on probability alone.
Draft next year is weaker though, and there will be academy + F/S picks.

Some video of Clarke talking to the WCE hierarchy after the Hawks offered Pick 14 for Barrass and it was turned down by WCE.

Edit: The Eagles needed pick 14 for Baker, they had better than Pick 14 and chose not to take it - ultimately forcing them to lose pick 3 to get it back. They could still have kept pick 3 and worked out a deal with Richmond where Baker is traded for a F1 and F2 (that has been offered for Barrass) instead - which is also fair value and probably overs.

Last edited:
How is Battle an awkward inclusion?

Fits perfectly into Mitchell's plans of versatile players who play well in team defence with good kicking skills and endurance.

Battle is to help Sicily. Barrass is to help Frost. 2 different players for 2 different goals.

If we had to pick one, Battle was the must. Freeing up Sicily makes him as dangerous as any player in the comp.

Frost was brilliant this year but whether he can do it alone again next year is the unknown. With Barrass our backline is probably the best in the comp. But without Barrass we are still top 3 or 4.
I reckon Barrass really allows both Sicily and Battle to intercept ad hoc, rather than trying to play the Geelong mold of 1x true KPD (Henry) and 2x interceptors (Zuthrie/Stewart) where oppo rightfully go to work on Stewart to stop him

If Barrass is there, both can intercept and Frost, Weddle, Impey etc. can play on less dangerous forwards with Sicily and Battle floating off when it's their turn to do so

Awkward is probably the wrong word - he's still an immense inclusion but think he becomes the cherry on top with Barrass in the side.

Would be an unbelievable get and I am just not convinced he doesn't get to you guys

I reckon Barrass really allows both Sicily and Battle to intercept ad hoc, rather than trying to play the Geelong mold of 1x true KPD (Henry) and 2x interceptors (Zuthrie/Stewart) where oppo rightfully go to work on Stewart to stop him

If Barrass is there, both can intercept and Frost, Weddle, Impey etc. can play on less dangerous forwards with Sicily and Battle floating off when it's their turn to do so

Awkward is probably the wrong word - he's still an immense inclusion but think he becomes the cherry on top with Barrass in the side.

Would be an unbelievable get and I am just not convinced he doesn't get to you guys

Oh for sure he makes us better. All the talk of his value is where the issue lies.

2 x 1st for his age and health profile seems insane.

Regardless of whether Barrass comes across or not, the main change with Battle joining us is that Weddle will be released up the field.
Weddle is a true utility, can literally play any position on the field except for 1st ruck and small forward.
I would love to see him up on the wing and taking a few centre bounces.

I still think a deal gets done (F1 + F2, maybe with a F4 coming back to us with Barrass), but if it doesn't, we have a healthy Blanck to step into the same role, and a young McCabe developing as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Tom Barrass [UFA 2027] - Reportedly headed to Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Back