Trade Requested Dan Houston [UFA 2027] - wants to head to Victoria

Remove this Banner Ad

Jon Ralph now seems to be reporting that GCS will wait for Houston to make it clear where he wants to go before dealing 13. If true that club seriously makes no sense to me - why are they at all concerned about Houston?

Source: https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/...2e2a221ef14e27694d86eb092f92d#/entry/28304000
I suspect they think that when Houston declares his hand, that club will get desperate.

Could also backfire, as the other club may just withdraw.

Whilst Houston hasn’t declared, it makes for interesting reading.

I suspect they think that when Houston declares his hand, that club will get desperate.

Could also backfire, as the other club may just withdraw.

Whilst Houston hasn’t declared, it makes for interesting reading.
I was always of the belief that even if Houston did have a preference when it came to who he wanted to join he wouldn't nominate until a Vic club guaranteed they could do the deal. But now it seems clubs won't know if they can do the deal until the deal for 13 is sorted which won't happen now til Houston nominates. Going around in circles it seems

I was always of the belief that even if Houston did have a preference when it came to who he wanted to join he wouldn't nominate until a Vic club guaranteed they could do the deal. But now it seems clubs won't know if they can do the deal until the deal for 13 is sorted which won't happen now til Houston nominates. Going around in circles it seems
It would be a little funny if North pounce, by spitting pick 2 or someone completely random like St Kilda enters the fray (although highly unlikely)

Would tell you that Houston was actually serious about getting to Victoria.

It would be a little funny if North pounce, by spitting pick 2 or someone completely random like St Kilda enters the fray (although highly unlikely)

Would tell you that Houston was actually serious about getting to Victoria.
Longer it drags out more chances for other clubs to get involved. Will be interesting to see if we get a Houston nomination in the coming days

Wow!!! That's heaps for a HBF.
Imo, it's fair as a neutral..but Port apparently want more & Blues want to give less.

Seems Pies value him more & will be a 3 way deal with Suns involving Lukosius, Noble & Richards.

Mega trade... what do you think?

Port
In: Lukosius, Richards, Pick #13
Out: Houston, F2nd

Collingwood
In: Houston, Port F2nd
Out: Noble, Richards, F1st

Gold Coast
In: Noble, Pies F1st
Out: Lukosius, Pick #13

Port

Collingwood

Gold Coast
On Trading Day they were pretty confident that Luko deal (F1) will be done tomorrow separately.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hi Dan. You've been great for us, AA's in the first two years of your contract is exceptional. You have way outperformed others on the list who are getting paid much more. We agree that it would be great for you if you could go home and get the pay increase you deserve. Thanks for saying all the right things to help us in negotiations, we really appreciate that. We've had some offers, they are reasonable, but the thing is Dan, we don't give a flying ...k about that or you. If we can't screw over the club you are going to (and hopefully GC as well), you aren't going anywhere. Good luck. Port

If Luko does get done separately tomorrow, I think that does almost take Collingwood out of the running for Houston.

There’ll be no mega trade and makes us much more likely to just give 13 to the highest bidder which is Carlton

They don't care, they are hoping the longer they wait the more desperate the bids for pick 13 will get.

Collingwood are the ones they want to krumble as it gets them noble cheaper, pick 13 for noble and the pies F1 without the 23 going back to the pies is the desperation bid they are hoping for by waiting but until houston nominates pies aren't going that deep for pick 13.

If he doesn't nominate i'd almost lock in pick 13 to carlton for a future 1st plus 2nd, we want the pick anyway regardless of houston or not.
There's no point in us doing that. Port wouldn't take pick 13, 36 (our current pick) and Richards for Houston imo. That's all we could offer after we accept that deal.
I feel if we don't get 23 with 13 then we won't trade Noble.
I think a 3 way trade may fix some of the issues. But we first need to get Huston to say he is happy to go to Collingwood.

Port

Collingwood

Gold Coast
Despite the Port downvotes, seems about right for them. Luko is an F1, Richards F2 so that makes sense to me.

I think the Port F2 goes to Gold Coast instead of Pies though. Noble and Richards are picks in the 30s really and Pies F1 should be worth less than 13 in this market

Mega trade version 2... what do you think?

Port

Collingwood
In: Houston, Gold Coast F3rd

Gold Coast
In: Noble, Pies F1st, Ports F2nd
Out: Lukosius, Pick #13, F3rd

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade Requested Dan Houston [UFA 2027] - wants to head to Victoria

Remove this Banner Ad