Speculation Tom Barrass [UFA 2027, reportedly headed to Hawthorn]

Remove this Banner Ad

Well the 14+f1 for barrass+wce f2 is still on the table, and it's less than 14+ 2x 2nd rounders
Only in your delusional view of the world was it ever on the table. Eagles list manager didn't even bother pretending 2 1st rounders was warranted. Look at his recent pressers. 14 and F2, more than Hawks supporters think we should pay but probable fair for anyone living in reality.

Only in your delusional view of the world was it ever on the table. Eagles list manager didn't even bother pretending 2 1st rounders was warranted. Look at his recent pressers. 14 and F2, more than Hawks supporters think we should pay but probable fair for anyone living in reality.
That's literally what was reported in the media as the likely trade

A first and 2 seconds? Mate if you value him that highly you need to be pleading to the club to keep him.
He's worth a top 10 pick, a recent look at draft history as well as what people are asking for this trade period (Baker, Noble etc) would make that obvious. But Hawthorn's first round picks this year and next are expected to be late teens, that's hardly as valuable. Likewise, two second round picks from the Eagles would be worth a bit, but 30 and something in the 30s? Not so much. I think he's worth 14 and a F1 with something going back, but would take 14 and two low second round picks, with something later going back, given this year is a deep draft and next year we may need points.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Barrass probably has about 50-60 decent games left in him (barring any injuries) before he becomes an over-the-hill, struggling full back.

It amazes me that people think the Hawks should trade multiple good picks for him as though he was 25 or 26 years old with over 100 games left in the tank.

The real stars of this trade period are Shai Bolton and Dan Houston. Their clubs are the ones who should be demanding two first round picks, or a 1st rounder and a low 2nd rounder.

Laughable the way the "neutral, unbiased" experts like Cal Twomey seem to value Tom Barrass higher than those two guns.

I didnt say you do. But clearly it wasn't "only in my delusional view" you Muppet.

The iq of some hawks supporters is genuinely shocking
Why are you calling me a muppet? Are you one of those basement-dwellers with no friends who are incapable of discussing the footy without resorting to childish, unwarranted insults?

Calling into question my IQ because we don't see eye-to-eye on the exact trade value of a 29yo Barrass... ???
That's some low IQ on display, right there.

Pull your head in, mate. It's just football trade talk. It's not life or death. Nothing that either of is post on here is going to make one iota of difference. We have zero influence. Like I said already, our clubs will agree on fair trade. If not, he'll be traded elsewhere. Maybe the Swans will pony up two 1st round picks... 🤣:thumbsu:

Barrass probably has about 50-60 decent games left in him (barring any injuries) before he becomes an over-the-hill, struggling full back.
His back doesn't affect his ability to play.
Id be surprised if he doesnt get 75+ games over the next 4 years
It amazes me that people think the Hawks should trade multiple good picks for him as though he was 25 or 26 years old with over 100 games left in the tank.

The real stars of this trade period are Shai Bolton and Dan Houston. Their clubs are the ones who should be demanding two first round picks, or a 1st rounder and a low 2nd rounder.

Laughable the way the "neutral, unbiased" experts like Cal Twomey seem to value Tom Barrass higher than those two guns.
Nobody values barrass over Bolton or Houston. Nobody suggested barrass gets more than 10+18 or whatever 2 firsts port are demanding. It was always an early 2nd rounder coming back if 2 late firsts were involved

Why are you calling me a muppet? Are you one of those basement-dwellers with no friends who are incapable of discussing the footy without resorting to childish, unwarranted insults?

Pull your head in, mate. It's just football trade talk. It's not life or death. Nothing that either of is post on here is going to make one iota of difference. We have zero influence. Like I said already, our clubs will agree on fair trade. If not, he'll be traded elsewhere. Maybe the Swans will pony up two 1st round picks... 🤣:thumbsu:
I responded directly to what you said before, but you seem to have the memory of a goldfish as you can only comprehend what's in front of you at the current second.

You are a muppet, keep up with the conversation or go away

I responded directly to what you said before, but you seem to have the memory of a goldfish as you can only comprehend what's in front of you at the current second.

You are a muppet, keep up with the conversation or go away
Yeah, great discussion mate. Let's do this again sometime.. :rolleyes:

Hopefully we can be friends. You sound like a real winner in life.

You are okay doing it because you know (like everyone else) it’s better for the Eagles to move him on.
Yes, because we are near the bottom of the ladder, needing to refresh our playing list, and don't expect him to be around when we are next challenging. If we had just played off in the semi finals, he wouldn't be going anywhere as he would be key to our finals hopes.

He's worth a top 10 pick, a recent look at draft history as well as what people are asking for this trade period (Baker, Noble etc) would make that obvious. But Hawthorn's first round picks this year and next are expected to be late teens, that's hardly as valuable. Likewise, two second round picks from the Eagles would be worth a bit, but 30 and something in the 30s? Not so much. I think he's worth 14 and a F1 with something going back, but would take 14 and two low second round picks, with something later going back, given this year is a deep draft and next year we may need points.
What are you calling a 'low second round pick'?

Yes, because we are near the bottom of the ladder, needing to refresh our playing list, and don't expect him to be around when we are next challenging. If we had just played off in the semi finals, he wouldn't be going anywhere as he would be key to our finals hopes.
Yes this is my point. The Eagles are motivated sellers which is why this strong arm tactic of claiming he’s contracted doesn’t work.

He wants to go, the Eagles want to move him on, the Hawks want him. Eagles deserve fair value, his contract means little in these negotiations.

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Tom Barrass [UFA 2027, reportedly headed to Hawthorn]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back