Trade Requested Dan Houston [UFA 2027] - wants to head to Victoria

Remove this Banner Ad

Houston seems to be a bit different from history and being less stringent on where he goes so far.

To me its more or less if North wants him they get hin in a way . Suspect its that simple

I think we're well placed to test how much he wants to get back to Victoria, but realistically he'll end up nominating a club once it's more clear how a deal could get done, and he'll most likely get there. And it won't be North

Have we ever seen this scenario before?

Player is happy to play for ANY Victorian club and also happy to stay if nothing van be done.
While I'm sure he's "fine" staying if needed and probably wont even nominate a team publicly, realistically he's telling them a team behind closed doors.

But then why come out publicly to say you're leaving until the ducks are in a row?
Seems all the rage this year. Ask for a trade but don't pick a club till as late as possible. I've honestly never seen it like this with Baker, Cumming and Houston now. It's weird.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Houston will be playing for North. I think North will offer the most lucrative trade for Port. They will also offer the most money to Houston. Port will then tell Houston if you want to live in Melbourne, North it is, or you can stay contracted with us.

Of course,Houston will choose to live in Melbourne as he seems to wish, and join North.

Houston will be happy. Port will be happy. North will be happy.

Great result for Port who will extract max value trade wise with his beautifully timed AA.
Great result for North, landing a genuine gun in a great age bracket to compliment their current young stars and while contributing more than just vet guidance like Darling and Parker.
Great result for Houston who gets paid very well and gets out of a current contract that keeps him from living where his family want.

St Kilda would offer Pick 7 + F2nd. In this draft a enormous difference between 7 and 11 too so would outbid you easily
No chance we offer pick 7 we need to bring in young midfield talent ! if we end up with pick 8 for battle maybe that might be considered but I definitely wouldn’t be adding in extra picks a top 10 pick should be more than enough.

I am sure North are in a position to offer more, but I can't see Houston wanting to go there at this stage.

I agree it seems unlikely at the moment. Let's see what happens.

My guess is we trade our F1 for another early pick this year and use that as the centrepiece of any deal for Houston.
Your future pick is high teens, not 11.

Reportedly 7 years at $850K offered for Perryman and then bring in Lukosius on more than him so......

I thought you said Perryman had said no (a couple hours ago because it suited your arguments to why luko chose port). Again you are making shit up as you go.

I was talking about the optics, what Houston is seeing.

And again you have no awareness of why Houston is asking to head back apart from the incorrect assertion that it’s money based.

Losing Macrae and Smith gives both the cap space and the assets

I think port will want more than p15 and a 2nd for houston and im not sure macrae will get you much pick wise.
But you are right it will open up cap for you and 15 and your future 1st (with other pick swaps) might get it done if houston chooses you.

I was talking about the optics, what Houston is seeing.

And again you have no awareness of why Houston is asking to head back apart from the incorrect assertion that it’s money based.

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade Requested Dan Houston [UFA 2027] - wants to head to Victoria

Remove this Banner Ad

Back