Trade Requested Dan Houston [UFA 2027] - wants to head to Victoria

Remove this Banner Ad

Dan’s manager was shopping him prior to the finals where the Dees were the only club that agreed to Port's terms.

Port was asking for picks this year either a low pick plus steaks knives or, two late first rounders in the teens etc: the Dees agreed on swapping their pick five and the steak knives were not finalised. Anyway, it was enough to convince his manager it was doable, so Dan’s camp went public.

ahh that make sense

seems a fair bit different to Melbourne giving Picks 5 + another first rounder.

I reckon their will be a lot of posturing and Carlton will somehow get GC's pick 12. We will give that to Port alongside our pick 31. Pick 12 and 31 may end up being the deal. Neither party would be completely satisfied. Port would want the 2 firsts, Carlton would want a 3rd coming back to give them more to work with in the draft and will also have to come up with a few things to ensure they get the campos (which they will).

I have no inside knowledge and I can state with supreme confidence that Melbourne would not be giving you pick 5 AND a F1 for Houston under any circumstances.
When the Dees agreed to the two first rounder swap, their pick this year was way above pick five (where they finished up).

2 first rounders? Port can keep him :sweatsmile:
Yeah unless Port decide to roll over out of the kindness of their hearts for Dan or something, walk right away Blues.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looking like Dan Houston needs to make a decision

If he wants to come to melbourne
  • North
  • Melbourne

Or stays

I feel a bit of sympathy for Houston here. A lot of people don't realise how far out of town Adelaide is. Reckon he should just negotiate a FIFO contract.

No need for an argument here people. We're not paying 2 firsts. Is he worth it? Maybe. Are we in a position to pay? No way.

All the best Port. You've kept your man. Keep dreaming North

Looking like Dan Houston needs to make a decision

If he wants to come to melbourne
  • North
  • Melbourne

Or stays

Houston has already made the decision

His first preference is Carlton. His second is North/another Vic club. His third is staying at Port to his contract.

Carlton fans in this thread are losing their minds because club power is higher than player power and they can't get him cheap.

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade Requested Dan Houston [UFA 2027] - wants to head to Victoria

Remove this Banner Ad

Back