Trade Requested Dan Houston [UFA 2027] - wants to head to Victoria

Remove this Banner Ad

It would be a little funny if North pounce, by spitting pick 2 or someone completely random like St Kilda enters the fray (although highly unlikely)

Would tell you that Houston was actually serious about getting to Victoria.
I wouldn’t count the bombers out.
North out: #2
North in: Houston, #6

Gold Coast out: #6, Lukosius
Gold Coast in: #2

Port out: Houston
Port in: #6, Lukosius
That’s actually very good.

This is actually going to be a really good tester of who really has the upper hand in these situations player or club.

If Port Adelaide are to get the best possible draft hand for Dan he will be at NM next year.

There is no way Carlton and Collingwood can match a F1 from NM it’ almost certainly a top 4 pick on next years draft very very possibly pick 1.

For all the blustering from Port I bet you he ends up at Pies/Blues.

It always comes out that way, the players preference wins out despite the tough talk.

This is actually going to be a really good tester of who really has the upper hand in these situations player or club.

If Port Adelaide are to get the best possible draft hand for Dan he will be at NM next year.

There is no way Carlton and Collingwood can match a F1 from NM it’ almost certainly a top 4 pick on next years draft very very possibly pick 1.

It always comes out that way, the players preference wins out despite the tough talk.
Be a bit hypocritical if they didn’t try to respect their player’s wishes to get to a preferred club for family reasons.

I think that the idea is port has enough respect for Dan that they will try everything they can to get a deal done with his preferred clubs. But if none of them come to the party with a realistic offer it will get interesting for sure.

I still think it will be Carlton.

Have said all along I don’t see North as a serious player here.

Sounds like he wants Carlton and Port are waiting on them to come to the party.

Which they will - they’re hedging their bets a little, but seemingly haven’t baulked at the price.

Think he’s more likely to end up at the Pies than the Roos, but ultimately if he wants Carlton he’ll get to Carlton.

No way it's 1. Richmond has that in the bag.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It remains insanity that in the same trade period, Rioli is worth pick 6 plus+ but Houston is only pick 13 and steak knives.

In reality, it should be a 4 way trade between Port, Suns, Blues and Tigers however that won’t happen as they’ll demand 6 as we should be demanding they find a top 10 pick.

Port
Give: Houston, F3
Receive: 6, Luko

GC
Give: 6, 23, Luko
Receive: Rioli, Blues F2, Port F3

Rich:
Give: Rioli
Receive: 23, Blues F1

Blues
Give: F1, F2
Receive: Houston

I still think it will be Carlton.

Have said all along I don’t see North as a serious player here.

Sounds like he wants Carlton and Port are waiting on them to come to the party.

Which they will - they’re hedging their bets a little, but seemingly haven’t baulked at the price.

Think he’s more likely to end up at the Pies than the Roos, but ultimately if he wants Carlton he’ll get to Carlton.
I agree 100%, but whatever way you split it, Port will get less return for Dan by dealing with Carlton vs North.

That's the crazy thing in my mind about this trading (not just this trade but generally speaking in AFL), the guys under a contract and Port will acquiesce and take a lesser deal for Dan because he wants to play in a team that will play finals (who they will compete with) and play with his mate Silvangi!

Maybe im a hard ass but I would be saying to him, we will let you go to Melbourne but your playing for the team we get the best deal for. Or you can stay.

Seems like clubs are willing to give up a lot for a bloke who got as many Brownlow votes as James Harmes this year...

Family reasons? What difference would it make to his family if he plays for Carlton or North. Our grounds are a 25 min walk from each other.
My comment is more about Port than North.
JHF whilst he only had a choice of two, he was given a choice.
Ultimately when a player decides he wants to go home, he also chooses the Club.

It remains insanity that in the same trade period, Rioli is worth pick 6 plus+ but Houston is only pick 13 and steak knives.

In reality, it should be a 4 way trade between Port, Suns, Blues and Tigers however that won’t happen as they’ll demand 6 as we should be demanding they find a top 10 pick.

Port
Give: Houston, F3
Receive: 6, Luko

GC
Give: 6, 23, Luko
Receive: Rioli, Blues F2, Port F3

Rich:
Give: Rioli
Receive: 23, Blues F1

Blues
Give: F1, F2
Receive: Houston
Port and Blues make out like bandits.

Be a bit hypocritical if they didn’t try to respect their player’s wishes to get to a preferred club for family reasons.
It's for a girlfriend, it's not for family, but if a difference.
Family reasons? What difference would it make to his family if he plays for Carlton or North. Our grounds are a 25 min walk from each other.
Add in it's not for family reasons. It is because of a girlfriend.

My comment is more about Port than North.
JHF whilst he only had a choice of two, he was given a choice.
Ultimately when a player decides he wants to go home, he also chooses the Club.
Yeah and Port get stiffed. Feels like a Power (excuse me)imbalance to me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade Requested Dan Houston [UFA 2027] - wants to head to Victoria

Remove this Banner Ad

Back